• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Reskin Of PoTC Ships

Some more stuff I am working on. Some pics got messed up in the previous post.

NewPinnaceofwarHull1-1.jpg

NewPinnaceofwarHull3-1.jpg

NeptuneGunsDeadeyesJollyboarts.jpg

Pinnace3_50Details.jpg

NewGaleonWRigging.jpg

Lineship47cannonspointsetc.jpg

BattleshipnewGuns.jpg

BattleshipDeadeyesGoodCannonSeethroughgreatgallywindows.jpg

BattleshipFigureHead.jpg

BetterGunsonSoleyRuseethroughwindows.jpg

Deadeyes-Boats-bettercannonsSeethroughwindowsontheMonOwar.jpg

JollyBoatsonSoleyRu.jpg

NewCaravel2Hull1.jpg

NewCaravel2Deck.jpg

Some more work. I love making the ships more detailed but since I am not a modeler I have to do it the hard way.
icon_wink.gif

NewDeadeyesCrimsonBloodCannonpointsriggingfix.jpg

NewAmsterdamNewDeckanddetail.jpg

NewAmsterdamriggingcannons.jpg

NewAmsterdamriggingDeck.jpg

Amsterdamvisablecannononlowerdeck.jpg

AmsterdamNewDeckdeadeyescannondetailsetc.jpg

AmsterdamCont.jpg

AmsterdamCont2.jpg

1. this is a chis i found in a Russian mod and I believe her original name is the Alex.

2. This is the sailor Tool from the Akella tool set I believe. You can download it and use it to make sailorpoints and then convert them to walkfiles.

Thanks mate.

Nice work as usual Craiggo! The Amsterdam looks better than ever. I would love to see a black version of the Battle Galleon with red and or red/yellow colorful trim.

MK

Great work in giving some new life to the old standards. :2up

I appreciate your work on the Pinnace and Caravel. Those are the workhorses of the merchant fleets. :cheers But I am VERY interested in your Spanish War Galleon because yours has a crew and the one in PotC does not. :shrug What would it take to get a crew in the PotC version?

I can convert the points to a walk file for you? Where do you want me to upload it?

This is the one you are talking about correct?

NewGaleonWDeadeyes.jpg

That would be much appreciated. :bow That is indeed the beasty. Where to upload? Anywhere convenient for you. I am not sure what to do with the walk files though. Isn't further work needed to get them into PotC?

Sorry mate. All I know how to do is make the actual walkfile. Other then that, I have no experience trying to get a ship in PoTC.

Hear is the walk file mate. Galeonw_walk.c

Hear is some of my latest.

NewFleutOfWarHull1.jpg

NewFleutOfWarHull2.jpg

NewFleutOfWarHull3.jpg

NewFleutOfWarHullDeck.jpg

NewFleutOfWarHullDeck2.jpg

NewFleutOfWarHullDeck3.jpg

NewFleutOfWarDeckview.jpg

NewRaysMasts.jpg

Fleut4_501NewMastsYradsdeckropespikes.jpg

Fleut4_501Newropespikes.jpg

Fleut4_501newbowrope.jpg

Corvette5withdeadeyes.jpg

Isn't further work needed to get them into PotC?
I can sort that out for you... ;)

EDIT: here you go: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Experienced%20Captain/Back-up,%20WIP%20and%20unreleased/SP_BattleGalleon%20walk%20file/
(I would attach it to the post, but the uploader has stopped working recently...)
Put shipWalk.c in PROGRAOM/SEA_AI, and SPBattleGalleon_walk.c in PROGRAM/SEA_AI/walk.
Then, find SP_BattleGalleon_Weathered in ships_init.c, and in the [refShip.Walk = "";] line, add 'SPBattleGalleon' between the quotation marks.
I've tested it in-game, and it works fine.

But that ship has annoyed me now; it has NO ropes!
However, the CoAS one in the screenshots seems much better...

Craiggo, could you please upload your version?

Hear you are Armada. GaleonW.rar

I was going to give you her along with all the ones I am working on for your ship pack to include walk files so let me know when you want the rest of them as you get ready to release the pack.
icon_wink.gif

Kuyt fluyts! :cheeky

Thank you Armada. I'll post a screenie when I get it working. Yes, it has no ropes and is also just barely in my 16:9 screen. But it is a very efficient ship and a good money maker with its 7100 ton cargo capacity. I found a placard on its main mast that seems to say that it was built in 1579. :8q

Thanks Craiggo. :cheers
I'll be sure to let you know when I need the rest of your work.

I found a placard on its main mast that seems to say that it was built in 1579. :8q
I just noticed that, too. Seems it's correct, if you look up 'San Martin (1580)' on Wikipedia...

No joy. It seems to have a problem with RN_Surprise.
Ah. Sorry, that's because you don't have the new Surprise and its walk file.
Just comment out the lines in shipWalk.c related to any ships you don't have, and you should be good to go.

On the plus side, I've imported Craiggo's new version, and tweaked the deck texture to look like deck.tga, and she looks great! :woot

[attachment=6153:SPBattleGalleon_new.jpg]

It was the RN_Surprise and the Poseidon. The game is working again, but no crew. Still looking for something I did wrong.

Found it. I forgot to hit F11. :wp

I wish you joy miklkit, enjoy her. Hope the walk look as the points i made on CoAS.

Hear is the stern work I just finished.

CorvFrig2_50Hull2Stern.jpg

NewCorvFrig2_50Hull2Stern.jpg

NewCorvFrig2_50Hull2Side.jpg

Hope the walk look as the points i made on CoAS.
The walk file seems fine in PotC, no problems there. ;)

That stern looks beautiful! The top section looks a little offset from the centre of the model's stern, but otherwise it's great! :woot
All that ship needs now is the rigging adjustments I made for the PotC version a while ago...

Back