• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Reskin Of PoTC Ships

Your walk files work very well. :onya The crew go where they are supposed to and don't go where they are not supposed to. :drunk

That's a frigate? Big changes there.

Some more detail work.

Frigate_satMastsAfter.jpg

Frigate_satDeckDetail.jpg

That is some really fantastic work Craiggo!!! :onya

Any chance you could make the same kind of bottom/lower gun deck with guns like you show here on the POTC Pinnace of War and War Pinnace? The reworked textures and sterns you did are are fantastic, they just look naked with no guns down the sides.

MK

Since I know it bugs you so much, I will do it just to shut you up!
razz.gif
Just kidding bud, I'll be happy to do it if it makes you happy.
par-ty.gif

Thanks mate.

Lookin' good, Craiggo! The ship looks like new, except for the cannons. :doff

Thank you mate,
bow.gif
If I could just figure out how to successfully add texture files to an object in Maya the cannon problem would be solved!

Mayatextureatt.jpg

I might be able to help you there. The only part I couldn't get to work was the actual export process to GM format. :modding
Looking back though, it may have been to do with locator/group naming or something. I was able to add textures, mind you.

First, select the model (which is already open in Maya).
Next, open up the Attribute Editor and select the object's material (e.g. lambert1, part1, blinn1 etc.)
Under 'Common Material Attributes', click the icon to the right of the 'Colour' slider (see highlighted section in screenshot below)

Maya_Texturing.jpg

In the following screen, choose the folder icon next to the 'Image Name' input box, and then browse to the appropriate texture. It MUST be in TGA format (and must match up with the model, unless you want to go into UV editing... :wacko: ).

And that should do the trick. This is based on memory and a quick test, so hopefully I didn't miss anything. :cheeky

EDIT: I posted before seeing your screenshot. Looks like you just forgot to select the model, so far.

It wont let me brows for anything, that is the problem. I can't get the "brows for file box" to open?

This is what I don't see

post-9157-12558589317165_thumb.jpg

Strange... can you post a screenshot of what you DO see when you get that far?

Ah, that's probably because you need to select the 'place2dtexture1' tab.
There, you need to open the 'Common Material Attributes' drop box. That should contain what you need. ;)

This is what I get if I click on the 'place2dtexture1' tab.

Maya texture File Att2.jpg

There is no 'Common Material Attributes' drop box'
dunno.gif

Then I'm stumped. :facepalm
There should be a tab for the material- that's the one you want, but it's not there.
Have you tried selecting the model in different ways, or something? I can't think of anything else that I did that you haven't.
This is why I hate Maya. It should work... but sometimes just doesn't. :modding

Back