• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Reskin Of PoTC Ships

They have see through windows so you can see the cabin inside but you cannot walk in the cabin on-deck in sail mode.

The versions with the cabin are the ones with the messed up main GM that TOOL says "model could not be read". Did you manage to paint those?

There are ways around that.
icon_wink.gif

I have 3 or 4 diffident hull types from verious versions, mods and downloads so I just find the version that the tool will allow me to manipulate and adjust the locators to add the parts I have striped from the other models using the tool. So if one model had deadeyes and another had see through cabin windows but is not recognized by the tool. I can adjust the path.gm file locators to add details I striped off of another model such as FastGaleon.gm model like deadeyes and better guns/details and the like. Make sure they line up in game and then add any other details I think it should have like a Gammoning or belaying pins or a ships wheel and anchors and such.

I use the non manipulable model as a base and add models to it by using a manipulatable model such as a mast or the path. the edit locators function then make sure all looks good. Does that make sense?
type_1.gif

The fast galleons have always had windows you could see into, but when the cabin was added the masts got out of alignment. I would like to fix that but can not get to the mast locators. :? It's part of a project I'm on to upgrade masts, sails, and ropes on older ships.

I see. The ship i worked on has the mast line up not so fine. But good luck in your work and it you want the files for the fast-galleon i'll upload them to you. Let me know? You could always play with moving the masts.gm's with the tool little by little until you see them lineup in game.

You gave me an idea. I'm going to try renaming the masts and then adding new locators to the path.gm. There is nothing to lose.

If you rename the GM files, then you'll probably get a black screen or other errors;
while the game doesn't mind so much about missing textures, it does care about missing model files.

There you go.Now you are thinking like me. I have done that same thing.
me.gif
Only problem is that you need to still have a model named Mast1.gm etc and then use a alpha mask texture to make it invisible or the game will fault and hang due to missing GM file. I don't know if that will effect the Mast dynamics of the game though?

your grey parts on some of the textures look quite strange. other than that, it's quite an outstanding model.

Back