• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

A couple of new character models. First is a variant of the "very wealthy-looking guy you could easily imagine to be a governor":
hub_spa5.jpg

And then there's this adventurous looking import from GoF:
montoya.jpg

I'd originally tried to import another GoF model for use as a captain in something I'm writing, but that one had a very peculiar problem. When I went to the store in San Juan (and possibly elsewhere, but San Juan is the one I tried), the storekeeper had no talking head, and when I left the store, the screen went black. The game still responded so I could press F1 to get the main menu, then quit. "system.log" then showed the game had been trying to load files with garbled versions of the storekeeper and town location texture files. The only special feature of this character model was that, being from GoF, it uses a different animation file. But it's exactly the same animation I used for my French admiral, and incidentally also the same animation I used for that adventurous import - and they both work perfectly. So the new wealthy-looking guy is basically "hub_spa2" with the face and some of the jacket detail from the model I wanted to import, and he's going to be my captain.

Incidentally, look closely at the feather in his cap. "hub_spa2" has a black rim round the feather because the model's feather is a simple shape. But @DeathDaisy arranged some time ago for character textures to be able to use alpha maps, so I blanked out the black rim for this version.

I'd originally tried to import another GoF model for use as a captain in something I'm writing, but that one had a very peculiar problem. When I went to the store in San Juan (and possibly elsewhere, but San Juan is the one I tried), the storekeeper had no talking head, and when I left the store, the screen went black. The game still responded so I could press F1 to get the main menu, then quit. "system.log" then showed the game had been trying to load files with garbled versions of the storekeeper and town location texture files.
We've had that problem before and had to remove some character models from the mod because of it.
We never found the real reason, nor a solution. :(

Do the screenshots posted here have to be from POTC or can they be also from other sea dogs games?

Stylish lad!

Are you using these for your story work?
Or are you just feeling particularly noble these days? :cheeky

For my next trick - how to cut a girl in half and leave her alive and standing...
girl_in_half.jpg
In the right angle and at the right time and place, the belt on "50_33Petra", alias Boriquena, matches the sea perfectly and looks transparent.

In WW1 and WW2, fighter pilots learned the trick of attacking with the sun behind them so that enemy pilots and gunners couldn't see them. About 200 years earlier, an enemy patrol is trying the same trick:
bandits_sun.jpg

Last edited:
For my next trick - how to cut a girl in half and leave her alive and standing...

So the player can use magic spells now? :shock
If so do you have to go to a school of magic or something and there is a special Mage class?
Also if you want to get accepted, you have to gain the trust of a mage who stands at the entrance of the academy and shouts at you: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS"? ;)

In WW1 and WW2, fighter pilots learned the trick of attacking with the sun behind them so that enemy pilots and gunners couldn't see them. About 200 years earlier, an enemy patrol is trying the same trick

What can i say, people in the past were more advanced than we think.

So the player can use magic spells now? :shock
If so do you have to go to a school of magic or something and there is a special Mage class?
Also if you want to get accepted, you have to gain the trust of a mage who stands at the entrance of the academy and shouts at you: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS"? ;)
:rofl :rofl

What can i say, people in the past were more advanced than we think.
That is for certain!
People in the past were definitely NOT stupid! :shock

Back