• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

So the player can use magic spells now? :shock
If so do you have to go to a school of magic or something and there is a special Mage class?
Also if you want to get accepted, you have to gain the trust of a mage who stands at the entrance of the academy and shouts at you: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS"? ;)
Either that, or you practice your elementary levitation and potion skills to arrange for an ether bottle to land in his general area. After that, it's four long years of study. You've completed all the coursework. You've mastered the four elements of fire, air, earth and rum - the last one used to be water but the students kept cheating and the academy finally decided it was easiest to just change the curriculum. You're about to sit your final exam, and that's when you recognise the mage who will be marking it. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Either that, or you practice your elementary levitation and potion skills to arrange for an ether bottle to land in his general area. After that, it's four long years of study. You've completed all the coursework. You've mastered the four elements of fire, air, earth and rum - the last one used to be water but the students kept cheating and the academy finally decided it was easiest to just change the curriculum. You're about to sit your final exam, and that's when you recognise the mage who will be marking it. "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Now, i believe this should be in the game! :rofl:thumbs1

If you think that's good, watch this...
Wingardium Leviosa!
levitation2.jpg

(No console trickery was used. No Photoshopping was involved either, other than to convert .tga to .jpg; this is a genuine screenshot.)

It's such a shame Gandalf did not pass you. :(

EDIT: Maybe, if you gain his trust he will pass you.

And you two will be best friends and have a party together...

EDIT of EDIT:
But how did I levitate her? :bounce

Hmm... maybe you are the woman and you used free camera in order to look as if you are Nathaniel?

If this doesn't count as console trickery. :shrug

Last edited:
Hmm... maybe you are the woman and you used free camera in order to look as if you are Nathaniel?

If this doesn't count as console trickery. :shrug

Congratulations - you have passed. :D

First, swap outfits with the same officer who appeared to be sliced in half. She now looks like Nathaniel, I now look like Petra. Move around and let her follow as normal until she's in the right place, then tell her to stand still. Then I go up to the platform, side-step off, and move the free camera behind the officer. Port Royale is perfect for this sort of stunt.

It's not console trickery because it didn't involve "console.c". ;)

Your turn...

Lucia, what are you doing up there?
lucia_on_cave.jpg

Alright, I admit - that one did involve some console trickery. :D But only for testing - next time you see someone on top of that cave, there will be a reason for it...

Remember how I said this?
The board is set up. The pieces are now all in place. The game will soon commence...
The game is now afoot. At least one, possibly two of the pieces are inside that cave...

Hello Everyone! It's been awhile. How do you take in-game screenshots again? Blast, I thought I was pressing the right key earlier I had quite some views turns out F11 is reinitialize xD Damn, I thought I took like 15 pics :modding

F8 is indeed the correct button for in-game screenshots. The picture goes to the game's root installation folder as "seadogs**.tga". You may find several copies of the same shot as it doesn't properly check for individual keypresses and releases. Also, if you press F9, it removes all the interface stuff (status icons, compass etc.), then you can press F8 to get a cleaner picture. Then press F9 to get the interface back so you can continue playing.

PrintScreen works, for one screen shot. That's copied to the clipboard, so then you need to go into Photoshop/GIMP/whatever else you use, create new picture, paste the clipboard into it and save the result. Then you can do it again.

PrintScreen works, for one screen shot. That's copied to the clipboard, so then you need to go into Photoshop/GIMP/whatever else you use, create new picture, paste the clipboard into it and save the result. Then you can do it again.
That in combination with Alt+Tab and windowed mode is my preferred method.
Reason is I get to see the result while I'm still in the scene, so if I'm not happy, I can immediately take another shot.

I think it is F8, also the printscreen button works if you prefer that.
F8 is indeed the correct button for in-game screenshots. The picture goes to the game's root installation folder as "seadogs**.tga". ...
I could've swore I pressed F8 as well because I've been pressing from F1-F11 xD I figured one of them should work :rofl But I didn't see any when I exit my game. I'll try again today. Anyway yes, I had it all set up, did the F9 to clear everything up to get a better screenshot then I forgot what key to press :modding
That in combination with Alt+Tab and windowed mode is my preferred method.
Reason is I get to see the result while I'm still in the scene, so if I'm not happy, I can immediately take another shot.
I thought of the printscreen button as well but I didn't thought about Alt-tab-ing at the moment hahah I was thinking I don't wanna exit the game just to check a screenshot lol

Okay back to gaming :aar Thanks everyone! :cheers

EDIT:
It worked! :dance Unfortunately this is what I can only get now with this save. I had better shot before. I just got into a battle with a Tier 2 ship and I sunk that one :p And I thought I had shot with the moonlight and all with the pearl while you can see the other ship sinking. Damn, that would've been nice. :facepalm
seadogs2_0004.jpg

EDIT2:
I just noticed the screenshot has a terrible quality than what I see in the game. I'll try the printscreen next time. Maybe it'll give me a better image quality.

Last edited:
Yes, it's not that bad, but if printscreen has a better quality it doesn't hurt, does it?

But to my eyes it looks good either way! :cheers

You must be using an older version of the game. The current update makes a small change to that dinghy. The one in your picture is flying a stretched Dutch merchant ensign with the Dutch West India company logo. It should now show a pennant, which would not have the logo.

Here's why:

So Jack Sparrow's soggy dinghy now uses a pennant instead of an ensign and looks like this:

Back