• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Screenshots thread

Cheers,

found this one here just in Port Royal, Golden Age. Think it's a beautiful one ... does anyone by chance know what ship this is?
6 - nice ship.jpg

That is the Light Pinnace and it is indeed a beautiful ship. That is also the only ship that you can climb far up into the rigging with.

Thanks Hylie, I think I'll try this. Haven't seen this except in port, maybe I'd need console to get it. Thanks!

Cheers,

seems I've got me 6th rate instead, again ...

and a question:
Why does a freshly repaired ship has holes in its sides?

20 - holes.jpg

21 - more holes.jpg

The Postillionen is a very good frigate.

Sometimes a ship has to be repaired twice before it is fixed.

She's definitely a beauty! :onya

And since this is the screenshot-thread, I'll show you how she got these holes ... arr!

I intended to smuggle a load of coffee from Bonaire to Barbados ... but short after setting sail, strange sails on port appeared. Bonaire was still in sight ... I figured that four small ships with dark flags would be pirates, so I turned and attacked with the wind astern.
6 - death at sundown.jpg
Soon we had a nice small skirmish going on. :duel:
8 - skirmish.jpg
The small ships swarmed me and unfortunately hit me mast. :rumgone
10 - burning ships here and there.jpg
But over time, our bigger guns turned the tide ... one after one, the pirates were dismasted and sunk. :pirate41:
11 - another one down.jpg
In the end, only one sloop survived, 'cause we were out of ammunition. We fired one last broadside, and turned to Kralendijk to get a new mast. :drunk
12 - fiireee.jpg

If you have a ModDB account, we can invite you to the group and give you the rights to upload images and videos.

If they are posted on Moddb, one doesn't get any feedback. So people are generally disinterested.
ENGINE 2013-12-04 01-31-12-91.jpg ENGINE 2013-12-04 01-31-03-26.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-16 13-17-37-00.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-16 02-32-52-69.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-15 01-22-42-19.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-14 22-00-40-26.jpg ENGINE 2013-10-14 00-41-12-35.jpg

Sometimes people do comment on pictures. Try posting only one or two every few days though.
If you post too many, it seems people tend to ignore it or look only at the first two or so.

Exactly my observations. People would however benefit more if they could choose among many which they like more. Allthough this is for screenshot advanced users concept unfortunately. Sometimes I think screenshot forums have to have an upper class restricted to people who have posted a certain number of screens with certain quality showing that they understand how screens are to be taken and respectively used. Allthough I have to write a tutorial on this one day. When I am drunk ..

LOL!

Anyway, with 1-2 screenshots every few days, after a few weeks there'll be a lot to choose from. :yes

OK, I've set you up with the necessary privileges. You should now be able to upload images and videos there.

Back