• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Secrets of Far Seas 2

Happy New Year's screenshots from the world of
Secrets of Far Seas 2

Greetings, dear players, gamers or fans of SOFS series! We've been working on the sequel for the most popular fan made AoP expansion ever seen for a long time already. The sequel, which continues a striking and a marvellous story of captain Peter Blake, a young Spanish naval officer.

Apparently, we are going to release the first build of the new game in Spring 2010 and for now let us offer you a Happy New Year's collection of screenshots of the internal Beta-version of SOFS2. Some features may appear as temporary ones while the others are not fully completed to be shown in screenshots.

The plot of the game once again draws Peter Blake in a series of events. Calm and quiet life, a loving woman and a ghost of happy future disappear completely under a new serious threat...

The main story line is not the only abundant part. Intrigues, love, friendship and betrayal wait for a player at the mysterious and free world of the Caribbean. The ancient legends about the abandoned Indian treasures - are those only tales or anything more than just tales? Infamous pirates and the prettiest ladies - the protagonist takes it all... if the player is brave and smart enough. ;)

P.S. And I want to ask dear Pieter Boelen for one more thing - could you, please, transfer this topic to COAS Modding section? It will look much better there and as SOFS2 is an expansion based on COAS it may be more interesting for COAS players.
I also think it'd be better to close the arguable topic of the English translation project as it may confuse an uninitiated user which is not fair enough according to SOFS2.

Thank a lot anyway, Pieter.

Happy New Year once again, all of you! Ahoy! :gday

P.S. And I want to ask dear Pieter Boelen for one more thing - could you, please, transfer this topic to COAS Modding section? It will look much better there and as SOFS2 is an expansion based on COAS it may be more interesting for COAS players.
I also think it'd be better to close the arguable topic of the English translation project as it may confuse an uninitiated user which is not fair enough according to SOFS2.
Done. :doff

I see new characters and obviously new quests will be available, but the backgrounds look the same. Any new towns, buildings, or ships??? :shrug

MK

Me too! It's about time we got some other body types. Some powder monkeys, cabin boys, and midgets would be neat additions as well. :yes

MK

I like that fat pirate in the church :dance
It's a model of Alexander, some kind of a boyar. He's one of the main characters in Akella's Age of Pirates: The Dead Man's Chest, an official expansion pack for AoP. Never released in the English world, as far as I know.

I like the screenshots; critics of the colouring aside, it's a generation ahead of what we have in POTC. The colour intensity gives an entirely different atmosphere, one that strives to be as detailed as possible. My hopes are that the gameplay will be giving the same feel :3

SeadogX - can you update me on the projected release dates once again?

Various "secret projects" will be running at 100% capacity for the first half of January following which... anything can happen.

There's plenty of winter left for me then :3

I'm able to recommence production, but let me know if you've other plans for the translation effort.

Well, hello! What do we have here? :)

Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, Will Turner, Danielle and Nathaniel, and... hey, who's that guy next to Barbossa? Well, I know only one model whose hair texture is so blue. :rolleyes: Come on out, Mr. Gibbs, don't be shy! :D Guys, you really should correct that blue tint already. Haven't Thomas the Terror done this already, anyway?

(And this boyar Alexander dude looks too small, compared to other people. Just look at his tiny head! (clipping errors notwithstanding)

Good eyes, Kazeite! Of course he IS your own work anyway!
And indeed we've got the correctly textured Mr. Gibbs in the Build Mod,
courtesy of Thomas the Terror. :yes

Well, yes, it has been taken from the Build. And it has been mentioned in SOFS1 and it will be mentioned in SOFS2. ;)

The blue hair... well, we've just forgotten about that, I suppose. Could you give us a new texture, please? It'd be great.

I'm able to recommence production, but let me know if you've other plans for the translation effort.
We are translating the first build by ourselves these days. The English World's support will be really necessary after the first build is released, as we don't think we will have time to manage the English version without assistance in future.

You might want to just get the latest version of our Build Mod; there's a lot of good stuff in there.

BGTeam started the internal testing of SOFS 2 Russian Beta v. 0.1.0118.

Coming available to download for everyone very soon. :onya

Ouch, I've edited the previous post instead of a reply. I'm sorry. :rolleyes:

Well, okay, it wasn't on the 1st of January, just a few days ago. xD:

The first build of SOFS2 has been released!
BGTeam and a video gaming website BestGamer.ru present you City of Abandoned Ships: Secrets of Far Seas 2 ver. 0.1.0219.

«What is it you want most?»​

Here we go! The first build of SOFS2 comes here! It took us much time and it wasn’t easy to develop this build. Many nerves were lost in fighting bugs and errors of all kinds. Our very ‘favourite’ Storm 2.x engine gave us many troubles. We hope we’ve managed. Plenty of work was done. Though this SOFS2 version is only some kind of a sketch as it’s only the first build, you will find many interesting things there anyway.

How to install:

- To start Secrets of Far Seas 2 you need any installed version of Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships on your PC.
- Choose the direction folder and start the installation.
- Now everything's done. Now go to the root folder, start config.exe, choose and save your settings. Then start engine.exe and here we go - you're in.

Description:

Welcome to the world of SOFS series!
You are to find out an unforgettable atmosphere of adventures at sea and meet your old mates from SOFS. A sequel to that very familiar story waits for you. Despite that, the new game will be the same interesting for the new players, because the story of the sequel is a very independent one. Your protagonist will be a Spaniard of an English origin - name's Peter Blake. A few years had gone since the ending of the first game. Many things had changed since then. Blake lost everything: his ship, his reputation and his beloved. What happened with Peter? Is he strong enough to take everything back? New secrets and mysteries, new dangerous enemies, new staunch friends and old companions.

Features and addings:

Build ver. 0.1.0219

* New unique 3D main menu.
* New year of the beginning of the game (1680).
* New and the only main character - Peter Blake.
* Old mates and new enemies in the game. Lots of different characters. Bloody thugs and mysterious assassins, staunch friends and old companions.
* An exciting beginning of the story. Ver. 0.1.0219 includes current quests: «Different Life», «Santo Domingo» и «From the Private Capital».
* New side quest «Mr. & Mrs. Smith». Complete a banal murder contract forgetting conscience or try looking into the reasons of a conflict?..
* New side quest «The Unknown Taino. Public Enemies». The Indian civilizations left a serious legacy in this part of the world. But they say - the legacy is closer than most of people think. Must be rumours.
* A number of 'mini-quests'. Argue with a pirate when the price of an argument - your own life? Shoot a running man? There is unrest in the New World, just like always.
* Plenty of new 'smart' NPC's. Unique stories and gorgeous dialogues. The game's world is even more 'alive' now.
* All the quests from the original have been removed (generators are still in).
* New icons of 'quick reloads'.
* New system of punishments for thievery. It's more detailed and interesting than in CoAS now.
* Putting items on the hero interface. You need to put on your items in order that they will give pluses to your character.
* Orders for your purser! Have no time to do some 'daily routine'? Too boring? Not a problem anymore, now your purser will REALLY HELP you. New perks and opportunities (hiring a crew, repairing a vessel, buying goods).
* Diseases.
* Doctors. You can find them in cathedrals.
* Careening of a vessel.
* Powder room.
* Rats have been disabled.
* New unique weapons.
* Immunizing elixirs raising main character's skills temporarily.
* New music.
* Revision of some game settings.
* Less and larger fixes of game's cod.

Developers:

· Denis (Kopcap) Khaliullin – the project leader, programming, writing.
· Anton (Navarra) Omelchenko – programming, 3D-modelling.
· Vladimir (LORD) Khrulev – programming.
· Dmitry (SeadogX) Pshenichny – writing, video.
· Anton (RaptorioRio) Nikitin – writing, dialogues, 'smart' NPC's.
· Dmitry (Mr. Sandman) Schanin – writing.
· Alexander (Sir@m) Berezovsky – textures, 2D-graphics.

Beta testing: RaptorioRio, SeadogX, dima12, Юнга.

Special thanks: dima12, Swordist, КиллерМЕН.
Project support: Кэп, oleg_b, Sokol80.

Different resourcers from these games have been used in the project: AoP, POTC, Build, SLIB, CoAS, SOFS.

http://tdm.bestgamer.ru – the official website of SOFS.

Download RUSSIAN 0.1.0219 (195 MB)
--------------------------------------------------

After the installation you need to start a new game!

The following mod is the intellectual property.
It is in open testing and it is in free distribution.
If using any content from SoFS2 it is obligatory to cite on BGTeam and SoFS official website.
All the bugs and problems you have found you can discuss in the respective topic of forums. Also you can discuss the current version of the mod in the respective topic.

BGTeam thanks you for your patience and understanding and wishes you nice game!

Now as you've understood this is the RUSSIAN release of the first build. What's about the English one - you ask. Here I answer - it is coming! Very soon! It will be just an English demo, not all the texts translated, but this time it is coming indeed. To be released in about two weeks I think. So don't hide. Ahoy! :rolleyes: :onya

Very nice, congratulations on you're release. I'll give it a try sometime even if it's in Russian, just to see all the new goods and features.

Back