• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Secrets of Far Seas 2

in my game he was in front of a small building near the gate to the jungle. if you come close enough to him he will speak with you.

but you should have an entry in your log book. (it say a small house near the local store but this isn't true) did you pay the tavernkeeper for his information? if not you have to pay him(1500 is the minimum price)...but be carful, if i remember right he takes the money more than one time.

Oooops!!!!My bad.I should told you...I 've finished tis quest i met the guy,then they charge me for the death of the guy in the house,another guy shot me in the jail and they transfer me into governors room,he pays me and the quest ends.Now what should i do....

mhh...you can go to port royal...there is waiting a nice woman for you...but she only speaks russian.
in one spanish town on the mainland(somewhere near the dutch main colony) i found a guy in a tavern who gives you a quest...but he speaks the same language like the woman in port royal...(because of that i should learn russian)
for now i didn't where in every port...so i believe there a much more quests.

as well you can play it open mode and get rich or maybe the governors have quests for you...till now i also didn't visit one of the general governors

The nice woman in port royal is the start of your next quest the fighting mr. and mrs. Smiths.There are 4 ending to this quest.I'm following ending no.3 ever body die and
you still get to keep the money.I have not got that far yet.I'm on my way to the dutch cap. to look for the mad wife.
To kill her. xD:

Sadly those side quests are really only in Russian because we had neither time nor power to translate them. It has been meant that this kind of a... demo will increase the interest of Western players and so with this community's support we may complete a full English version of SOFS2. The next build is coming summer 2010, so the community is still able to help with 0.1. translation the same as with the further versions.

If you haven't tried it yet you can go to Antigua's tavern and find another exciting side story there. (The young man is walking inside the tavern).

In the next build will you be able to build a colony of your own? So will the next
build have new quest. So that the quest from coas that are in the build now can be
remove. Those quest from coas are boring to do. Also will the ship be able to be upgraded
with copper plating like in AOP1 in the next build?

Thank and keep up the good work

:ixi

Ok I finaly finish Mr.& Mrs. Smith Quest. Ever body on Cayman beach I choose the 3rd option in that I kill ever one. I got back on my ship after ever one is dead. I press the moor button and land back at the beach the 3 smith are alive and fighting each other. So I kill them all again and got some great loot from the dead body. I don't know if this is a bug? Ever time i moor back at the beach t they are alive and fighting each other. I like doing this quest i get to kill Isabella 2 time.She is the model for the sister and the daughter?

Now on to the Taino Quest P.E. Ted Sparkling

:dance

Well the two big quest are finish only the mini quest are left. The TainoPE was not fun to do.
You lose your start ship but you get a schooner when you finish the quest.
Bad exchange lose my frigate for a schooner very bad. Well I get to kill the dick head in the end.

Both quest finish with minor bug:

1-Some npc animation are not working right. Like when they move there arm it grow longer,
or freeze in place, or Freeze in place with there weapon in hand when you kill them.
2- Dialog box not working right when to many save slot are use. Remove extra save game
dialog box work fine.
3- Game ctdt when there are to many save game. Remove extra save game no more crash to
desk top.
4- The smiths respawn them self when you moor back onto the beach. Did that 3 time each
time there they are on the beach fighting each other. You can collect a good nest egg
from looting .
5- Unable to go to sea mode after getting new ship stuck sailing around Jamaica island.

:facepalm

update:

@ toxic-nova

No i have only one ship a schooner which you get after complete Tanio PE quest.My main ship and crew was capture by the english in the opening of the quest.My mistake it was Cuba not Jamaica that i could not sail away. No map icon can not enter world map. Its a bug.

I redo the Tanio PE quest this time i was able to leave Jamaica island with no problem
after complete the quest.Do not go to cuba after doing this quest there is a bug. The
log book will update itself and you will be stuck unable to sail away because the game does not know that the quest is completed.That is the only bug in this quest.Hope it get fix in the next build.

The Dialog in the tavern do not open for the drunk guy or the guy who try to sell you a
map.
The smuggler agent dialog do not work right. Do not go forward to the next phase
The citizen dialog do not work right. Ask the wrong question and the dialog box will freeze.
The dialog for people walking outside of town do not work right. Sometime no dialog or dialog box freeze.

:urgh

Well, I've played for about an hour and I must say the main quest is very good. I hit a few bugs which I managed to get around (dice game, thanks toxic for walk-around, and Governer with the fix you posted ).

I'm hoping you guys can make a translated version, because this is a very good mod/add-on.

Hey, yellow-dog, I'm not quite sure I got it... did you play those quests in Russian? did you get something of its plots? i mean - was it fun? :) I just wonder.

@ seadogx

No I play it in english well after I put it in english. The Smith Quest was fun I KILL all the Smith in caymen. The TanioPE Quest was so-so. I did not get to safe my ship and crew from the eng.The two dream part was OK. But there is a bug in this quest. After complete the quest. When you SAIL into CUBA the logbook will update itself thinking the quest is not complete. Were you have to go to the 3 town to find information about this Janis guy.

I finish one of the mini quest the dressmaker where you get new cloth.
I'm into my 2nd mini quest the professor but i did not get very far I'm inside the church trying to get the doctor dialog to open.

Well I think the quest is more fun to do then coas quest. So the next build coming soon?

:cheers

Anyone else having some part like the name of Peter Blake Untranslated when talking with someone and then you can see his name above the chatbox,same goes for Malcom and few others.Also will there be a full english version?

Also after Malcom and the other governor are dead,and when i go to the governor that gave me the ship and ask him for a mission some of the text is missing,aswell as in Logbook making imposible to know what to do :/.

Back