• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Shotgun Mode + Free Camera Changes

EDIT: uuuuhmm.. did read too fast^^
I think so. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. See for yourself in PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AICameras.c .
Did a quick test trying to add InvertMouseX/InvertMouseY for the SeaFreeCamera, but it made zero difference.
So I don't think we can do much with this one, to my great regret. It'd be great to make it more usable. :modding

Hmm, I am still finding myself trying to use First Person Mode to look at stuff. Tomorrow I'll see if I can reinstate that without sacrificing my original intent.
Simple solution might be:
1. Tab switches to First Person Camera Mode if Free Camera Mode is OFF
2. Tab switches to Free Camera Mode if that is ON
So you'd never have both available at the same time. That should work, I think. :nerbz

On second though, my "simple" idea might not be so simple. I'll be experimenting with this today a bit though.
(Stupid game engine stuff! If only I could see and touch ALL the code related to this, I could make it work perfectly in no time! :whipa )

I think I've got it! Whether I use a Shotgun with or without Free Camera Mode, the game skips over the stupid "transparent mode".
And First Person remains in all cases. So all the freedom you need, without unnecessary fluff. :cheeky

Me and Pirate J have figured out how to make the shotgun code use the NORMAL gun damage. So that means the Cheatmode requirement is no longer necessary.
It also means we could theoretically add this functionality to other weapons if we can sensibly do so.

Only problem is that we can't stop the firing effects if you have no gunpowder/shot left.
However, in this case there is no more damage dealt, so that'll have to do.
(Quite funny to see characters being blown ten feet away, being completely unhurt! :rofl )

Now that the shotgun mode is no longer an actual cheat, do we want to have it always enabled for ALL guns?
The blood effects and characters flying backwards are quite silly, but otherwise it works the same as normal gun firing.

hmm in my opinion it would (only) be sensible with large, two-handed weapons. It was kinda weird when you had your sword drawn and then fired a musket with one hand :D

I would expect it to be reserved for the musket or similar guns which would need to be aimed properly, unlike small pistols that you'd just point and shoot.
It might be a bit weird to use it with a short pistol and send enemies flying backwards... xD

I would expect it to be reserved for the musket or similar guns which would need to be aimed properly, unlike small pistols that you'd just point and shoot.
It might be a bit weird to use it with a short pistol and send enemies flying backwards... xD
True, that. So.... ON for musket too, then?
How about the musketoon and blunderbuss? Probably not, eh? They fire grapeshot. Will keep it for Shotgun and Musket only for WIP 17 then.

hmm in my opinion it would (only) be sensible with large, two-handed weapons. It was kinda weird when you had your sword drawn and then fired a musket with one hand :D
Due to the way I had to code it, once you go OUT of Shotgun Mode, you're see putting your weapon away anyway.
So it'll be just as if you WERE firing with both hands.

Sort-of. Except it does multi-damage. So here you are carefully aiming a gun that supposedly deliberately scatters its shot all over the place.
Or am I seeing this all wrong? :confused:

No, the blunderbuss does all that, but it is so weak it is not worth the bother for me. So it does -40 damage to 2-3 opponents. So what? They all have 300-400 HP.

The musketoon does multi damage too, as well as the grapeshot pistol.

And the blunderbuss has a minlevel of 3, so it shows up VERY early in the game when enemies aren't in the 300-400 HP range yet.
It is better than the Short Pistol for sure and should be just about as useful as a Long Pistol as long as it doesn't blow up.

The long pistol and the grapeshot pistol are about the best single shot guns in the game. Only the large pistol set and musket are better. It's rare for me to meet opponents who are all nicely bunched up so a hard hitting single shot is better than a weak multi shot.

The blunderbuss explodes?

Back