• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Simplified Code for Build 14 Beta 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the newest version of 3.3 is not compatible with the one from ~22 of December (the one when there was a fix in the attachments?)

If you mean save-compatible, then no. Too many things have been changed again, so New Game required.
But the installer does work on all previous versions.

Small Fix added to Opening Post
Since we're changing things so rapidly, it is important to keep everyone up-to-date.
But it is too much of a fuss to create, upload and install a full EXE.
So I just added a small ZIP archive to the opening post instead. Yep, I'm lazy. ;)

Included are:

- Latest Smuggling Updates by @Levis
- Fix for Anchoring
- Final fix for Santiago Town Capture
- Spanish look for fort assaults restored
- Island names in Devlin Opera adjusted for time period
- Slight texture errors fixed with barques
- Neptune's Trident added by @TechnicJelle (but not yet available through regular play)

Stuff worth checking from the previous version:
- Does Capture Colonies work properly for Tortuga, Oranjestad, Havana and Santo Domingo? New fixes made to this!
- Female Officer Percentage code has been reintroduced: Check if you notice any new weirdness with character models and the amount of female officers
- Locked Perks has been reintroduced: Check if there are any actual issues with this - Note that if you don't like the feature, it does have a toggle
- Does the Blade Care Kit ever show up too much? Or not enough? Check also the Blacksmiths! Rarity value modified.
- How do the redone blacksmiths work? Do the dialogs seem better now?
- Standard storyline after capturing Black Pearl: Should be no more boarding deck errors
- Girl Won in a Card Game: Do you get amnesty now like you should? If not, savegame required!

Stuff worth checking on this new version:
- Do you ever get stuck upon mooring when an enemy ship approaches you while dropping anchor?
- Smuggling, including the book containing the patrol schedules for islands that can now be found on coastguard corpses
- Worldmap and ship encounters with submerged Flying Dutchman
- Check surrender of ship groups where the commander surrendered

New Tweak-able Setting:
- In PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h set USE_PARTICLES to 2 to ( :razz) disable the extra Cauterization Kit effects[/QUOTE]

A couple of things I have noticed in the first couple hours of playing. When visiting blacksmith in San Juan the only dialogue he offers is about fixing many blades. There is no option to just repair the players blade.
In initial officer hires values seem very low all so far under 250, and there is no increase in hit points after you hire them as there used to be.

Playing with the latest update:
I can't enter anything. If I want to enter a gate, a ship or whatever, no icon appears. Only the "name" of the place/action shows for like half a second in top left corner of the screen, which says e.g. Speightstown, but I just can't enter it. It started after applying the latest fix.
Will have to do another re-install I guess.

@Edit: another bug:

After entering the Abbey of the Maltese Order in Speightstown's dungeons and going back, I couldn't move. My character would just run /walk on the spot without actually moving forward. I tried going back with/without my sword but nothing is working. As you can see on the screenshot, even the bandits are not moving towards me.

29moze0.jpg

Last edited:
can you upload a savegame at that point? and maybe earlier so I can test the things. The first thing to me sounds like a bad install...

Here you go. Couldn't upload it without packing.

The first thing might have been a faulty install, I don't know. But it started only after I applied the last fix, so I guess there isn't much to mess up here. I re-installed it without it and it's working, though so far had 2 crashes and that weird bug.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados.rar
    451.1 KB · Views: 117
Here you go. Couldn't upload it without packing.
I just tried your savegame, but could walk just fine. So did the enemy monks.
Also was able to reload to other locations without problems. So I'm not sure what is going on for you. :confused:

Missing town names in the new update.

Attachments

• Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    62.5 KB · Views: 129
Which storyline?

I just tried your savegame, but could walk just fine. So did the enemy monks.
Also was able to reload to other locations without problems. So I'm not sure what is going on for you. :confused:

Hmm. I guess it must be another faulty installation. Don't know what do to with it though, I've already tried 4 times to re-install everything. Although right now without the newest fix the game is working very well, I had only that one weird bug and one crash. I hope it's going to stay that way.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Btw. Is it possible to somehow go into the so called mid/late-game right from the start? So I can test other features you've mentioned like capturing towns etc?

A couple of things I have noticed in the first couple hours of playing. When visiting blacksmith in San Juan the only dialogue he offers is about fixing many blades. There is no option to just repair the players blade.
That has indeed been replaced on purpose. You'd be welcome to post your thoughts and preferences in the relevant thread here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/updates-to-blacksmiths.24355/

I figure that if they can repair multiple blades, you can make sure you carry only those that you want repaired.
But if people find they don't have enough freedom with this, I'll have a look to see if it can be worked back in.

In initial officer hires values seem very low all so far under 250, and there is no increase in hit points after you hire them as there used to be.
There has been a change to make officers deliberately lower-level.
If I recall, that is because they become cheaper that way and you get the experience you actually want them to have instead of getting some pre-generated officer.
Though again, if you have any comments on that, please let me know. :doff

Missing town names in the new update.
Obnoxious, that! Wished I knew how or when that happens.
Try pressing F11 and see if that helps. If not, remove the file named "options" from your main game folder and see if that makes a difference.

Hmm. I guess it must be another faulty installation. Don't know what do to with it though, I've already tried 4 times to re-install everything. Although right now without the newest fix the game is working very well, I had only that one weird bug and one crash. I hope it's going to stay that way.
Thanks for your help anyway.
Haven't had any such issues with my own game today, which does included the fix from the opening post.
Very odd. Though my game does also contain some extra stuff, so perhaps that is where the difference lies.
Maybe.... We'll see with the next upload, to be made before the end of the weekend.

Btw. Is it possible to somehow go into the so called mid/late-game right from the start? So I can test other features you've mentioned like capturing towns etc?
This might help to speed you on your way:
Code:
================================
Cheats:
================================
 These only work if ENABLE_CHEATMODE is on
 at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h

Numpad 0 = Character:   God Mode
Numpad 1 = Scroll Characters LEFT
Numpad 2 = Select Main Character
Numpad 3 = Scroll Characters RIGHT
Numpad 4 = Character:   Level-Up
Numpad 5 = Character:   Fake Level Up
Numpad 6 = Player:     + 100000 Gold and + 10000 Wealth
Numpad 7 = Character:   Cycle through reputations (increase/decrease reputation)
Numpad 8 = Disable worldmap storms and ships chasing you
Numpad 9 = Trigger enemy attack (cheatmode not required)
TAB  = Shotgun Mode: If you have a shotgun equipped in Fight Mode
Alternatively, look through PROGRAM\console.c .
You can basically give yourself whatever you want for free at the press of a button.

Using F11:moddingrror-Missing character id:Bartolomeo el Portoguis.

Yes! I installed this fix. Now doing a reinstall .
That explains it. You have to make the edit from this post: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/monk-bug.23732/#post-497116
And also the one after it. Then start a new game. That will solve that error message.

However, I do not think that error would do any actual harm even if you do see it.
The code generating it has been in the game for quite some time and I don't think it serves any purpose. :facepalm

So basically, your current game version should probably be OK.
Did anything change after pressing F11?

Can the file in the opening post be updated again tomorrow or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back