• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

So this is Xenforo

Nice job Armada! That looks so much better mate! :cheers

We definitely need to do something, the whole "Like" thing feels way to much like social media for my tastes. Yeah, now that you mention it, I do remember Sailors Apprentice, that would fit pretty good after Cabin Boy. Good idea scouring the Wayback Machine, it never even occurred to me to look there. :facepalm

Yeah, that whole like thing is embarrassing. I feel like I need to vent on someone now and then to keep it down.

Nice work, Armada! :onya The icons in front of each section are good to have. The icons showing if a user is online or offline would also be good to have, as would perhaps the icons showing how many posts a user has.

Making the user groups more obvious could also be good, yes.

About the member titles, I remember I went like this: Landlubber -> Sailor Apprentice -> Sailor -> Master Mariner -> Privateer - I never went further than that.

As Thagarr mentioned, maybe Keith is working on all these things and perhaps more. It might just be a matter of time.

About the post date and time at the bottom of each post, I would prefer it if it was at the top of each post, if possible. Anyone who agrees/disagrees?

what you think? had to search for the Mega Music Pack in the net. How's that? and now browsing backwards to return to more known realms so we can change outlay and may log-off. This all goes hiding in Mobile style. Clever? our rank is rampant Thud-once-and-done-with and we smell a rodent in a fish-soup, ratatouille. Favorite streamer? a featherboa. Cabin-boys can call more wits their own than say ehm cabin-cruiser captains. Proper ships? Jack's 298cwt thingy, bobbin dinghy. ..take this on a rope to carry gunpowder. One brightside and one must row a smile for fresh scrape metal. K'ching

Icons showing online/offline status would be nice, along with the post count sword icons, but I don't think either feature is built-in as standard, so we'd need to find some add-ons for them.
For anyone interested, you can browse some of the add-ons here to see if anything appropriate exists. I think only Keith can download and install them, though.

As for the post date and time, I don't know how to move them. I tried to make them use a dark, bold font, but nothing happened. The best I could achieve was the box you now see.
It should be possible by editing some of the CSS files, but that's not something I'm familiar with. :read

why is Port Royale mentioned even before Beta? good idea ..to create an additional section for expert noobies, innit? all installation problems and other more than weird stuff comes in there. Can anyone implement a cocktail-serving button? ney, okay then, get rid of the roofs, compartments or chew one coffee-bean like the aborigines do on a weekly shift! sompting less: merely that beige-brown setting in PotC is more. I mean, Walter Disney from the Country&Western Parade-Prairie has already put a pretty mess in a bottleneck. Ah, the buccaneer bird is telling from its adventures. Let me comment on him. He's got soaked feathers and could write a story about a monsoon season here in the European backlands. One week more and we drift over the London Bridge, ay-yay.

about ranking system why dont add something like medals? every trophy u receive add a medal to your status maybe removing some information that is not required everyday :) for message count add a ship image for every step u have lugger when u have one post and ship get bigger and faster when ur total post goes up well not everyone like bigger ship so maybe adding a different treasure image may look better u have a gold coin with 1 message u have treasure chest with 25 message u get the idea ;)

about like: common u are pirate u say whatever u want if u like something u say it if u dont like it well here u dont say anything :p what type of pirate hold his tongue i "like" anything i like and since there is no way to "dislike" something i dont "dislike" anything, maybe adding dislike would be a better choice as a pirate i always want to express my feeling (well removing who like this who dislike that would be a better idea) also the whole thing may go out of control

post date: i never saw anywhere that post date would be in top of a post it look a little odd :S but it can be handy

Has someone mentioned there are circa a hat-trick fullef monumental music-packs available for NH Beta2.2 and we is the only person sayling a word of book? this you should allow go melting on your tongue or maybe preferably transfer to an ice-floe with harking organs:

- the Mega Music Pack
consisting in sailor shanties galore

- Movie Soundtrick Pick
where songbirds go listing in mid-air

- Gentlemen Classics and some fiddler crabs
brought to you by a beau having a picnic in an observatory

..could some of you tell the session manager to get lost and all neighbours read my thoughts? need something stronger now than a Thesaurus. Ideas are very welcome.

Yes the music packs need to be put in one place for easy reference. I still prefer Morgan Terrors music pack, which you did not mention.

Also, where are the Mega Music pack and the Movie soundtrack these days?

Ahh, sorry guys tied up with work(and family) again. No, I've not done anything because I've been playing too much M&B.......

Mod installed :)

Thanks Kieth, this really looks like a good mod! It does seem to need a slight adjustment there mate

Aye, many thanks Keith!
I've been messing with the settings and have now included a few more ribbons, in some familiar colour schemes. ;)

I've also stopped most default member titles from resorting to user group names, so we can reintroduce our good ol' piratey title ladder (or something similar, at least).

Looks fantastic, nice work Armada! :onya

Thanks, glad you like it. :doff

Regarding the title ladder, here's what I've got in mind at the moment considering the comments above and on page 2:

Title - Posts required
Landlubber - 0
Sailor Apprentice - 25
Sailor - 50
Master Mariner - 100
Freebooter - 175
Privateer - 250
Corsair - 500
Buccaneer - 1000
? - 2000
? - 3000

Any thoughts, particularly on the last two names? I'm not sure if we should bother going further than 3000, because most people in the high thousands already use custom titles.
Also chose not to include "Cabin Boy" for the sake of our female members. ;)

Also chose not to include "Cabin Boy" for the sake of our female members. ;)

Yeah, I think that was the reason last time as well. :wp

Ah well, how about Powder Monkey instead? I think 3000 is a good limit, really not much point going past that. How about Seahawk? Or maybe Sea Dog or Ancient Mariner?

'Powder Monkey' after 'Landlubber' sounds good, as does 'Sea Dog' for the 3000 mark. A subtle tribute to the original Storm Engine game, too. :sail

I might as well get to work on this system, replacing the default Trophies with each of the post count targets.

Good news: I've now implemented the new Trophies and user titles! Have a look at 'Help > Trophies' at the top of the page for more info.
I made all the descriptions really quickly, so as always I'm open to improvements.

Bad news: The trophy points are updated every 40 minutes (unless manually updated), and only members who have been active in the last 24 hours are affected.
Anyone not yet updated has to log in to receive their trophies, which means that long gone members will not obviously be updated. :(
After a bit of reading, I found some code which should fix this, but I think Keith has to sort it out: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/recalculate-trophy-points.30800/#post-363341

Back