• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Some mixes

superdurnius

Corsair
Coordinator
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
Here is some characters I've made while experimenting... But when I'm tryed to export them to *.gm... Ehm, animations via tool looks like piece of sh*t, and game crashes when I'm trying to summon the in-game... So as I said one time, I won't going to mess-up with animations, so I won't export them to *.gm... If there will be volunteers for that, Pm me, so I'll send all files with textures...

No I know that this sounded rude, but...

Now about characters, I've tryed to add armor to Johan Etling skin... But that wasn't enough for me, so here is some images (for now worked only with 2 models):

Ok, here is Johan Etling:
character002.jpg

That is recolor of my TheDarkOne project... Just remember someone wanted to have bandanna on that models head (not drawn)... So here
character001.jpg

For this to fit armor I even had to edit chest...

I'm adding things that way, so there won't be any texturising problems. I meen I cut-out armor model, add it to character (modify armor and character, to fit each other), then rearranging texture map, so he wont use full-sized old image... In exchange he uses new, smaller image, which holds only the armor textures. And I'm adding that in this way so you won't need to change any textures to model itself to cosmetology glitches of added model (egz scalp goes out of the top of the hat, so you need to recolor characters scalp). The same with bandanna and hairs. And I afcourse modified bandanna and hairs to fit character heads...

That does look pretty cool! I hope you can get those to work ingame at some point.
Damski62, Sir Christopher Mings and High Sea Lass have been our main character modelers in the past.
Maybe you can trick one of them into helping you? :rolleyes:

High Sea Lass last seen — Dec 19 2007
Damski62 last seen — Jul 10 2009
Sir Christopher Mings — Just send PM...

Hope someone will help...

Unfortunately, I can't help you for that :modding

But I have a doubt about the first post. You are not making this skin for Roche Brasiliano ? :?

You are not making this skin for Roche Brasiliano ? :?
What?
If you saved my messages I sent you, I asked you for making a skin for Roche Brasiliano not Johan Elting. :?

But the way, I already made several videos featuring the actual Johan Elting model made by Thomas. I'm not willing to make new ones or to throw to the 'garbage can' these videos. So, if you finish the character, he will be used for another purpose.

Not my problem where they are used... :D ... My problem is only that they'll be finished and used at all...

Don't worry, if you don't need this character for a personal use, I'll find a purpose for it.
So no news of Damski62? Maybe, he's on holidays. He should have also done a work for me :modding ..

No, no news from none of those character-wizards...

I'm not simply making some specific character... I'm simply making some features... Models...
Here is examples:
You all can see here model, his texture map, and some characters with that model... this model can be added as separate character, but without modifying any textures... Because added part have it's separate texture and is place, so there won't be any glitches and fit perfectly...

Here is bandanna_face. I wasn't able to cut-out masks from stock models, so I had to make my own...
bandannaface.jpg

Here is bandanna_head. This was cut-out of one of the AoP:CT models...
bandanna.jpg

Here is hairs, cut-out them from main character of AoP:DMC.
hair01.jpg

And afcourse AoP style armor... Had to modify it slightly to fit every model...
armorz.jpg

Cool as!

So how would I go about taking that mask you made and putting it on a model like "Depp"?

1. You have to extract depp model to editor (maya)
2. Add my model to it.
3. Extract all (depp+mask) to a *.gm as separate character...

1 and 2 I can do to any character you want (Need some specific modeling, because masks aren't fitting every model)(I may even make new parts as requests... might be)... But third... I can't do that right... Don that many times and always failure... I simply don't understand animation things, so there is needed damski, or Sir Mings... If they'll accept to do third part for me, these models will see in-game world...

While they are offline, this project is simply pending...

Well I will be wanting the model Depp with a mask (eventually) ;)

Also will be wanting another character eventually (not sure which) also with a mask :D

Well I will be wanting the model Depp with a mask (eventually) ;)

Also will be wanting another character eventually (not sure which) also with a mask :D
Well, while waiting for maya-wizards reply, I did something... My models (with textures) are ready (mask and armor), so only thing that was left for me was to modify armor and mask to fit depp... It tucked from me ~20 min....
depppreview.jpg

That is really really cool :D

Can't wait to use it in my quest ;)

(It looks exactly what I wanted it to) :cheeky

Back