• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released the one and fifty three

Nice!
danse1.gif

New update :keith

Attachments

• Revenge_06.jpg
    Revenge_06.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 247
  • Revenge_07.jpg
    Revenge_07.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 262
  • Revenge_09.jpg
    Revenge_09.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 220
  • Revenge_08.jpg
    Revenge_08.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 193
Wow, there i am one week on texel and then, when i took a look here, she is already in the game, testwise. I am impressed, pgargon. :onya
You have added details on her beautifully.
Now, there rises a question, are you pgargon and craiggo willing to finish her? As she is now, it would be simpler to let her for finishing in your hands, pgargon, as to convert, modify and reconvert her again. I would like to finish her for my self but i am really fine with letting her in your capable hands.
Btw i got the batavia plans from rider88 and visited her in Lelystad, so the next project is waiting....

So, how to continue?

Ok, Status update:

pgargon is in the lead to convert and finish her missing parts. Craiggo can than build on top of pgargon's work the other two needed color themes. I for my self began work on the Batavia.

If you want to build the Batavia, we need to talk. Then you have to build two ships. I have the "Wyck," the sister ship with 42-44 guns as a blueprint. Which is slightly larger. Then we have two new vessels instead of one.

COMIC SAAAAAAAANS!

unless it's significantly similar in texture, i don't really see a reason to have two ships that are so similar. might as well just retexture the batavia and scale it up a bit. most 3D creator programs have a simple tool for that.

COMIC SAAAAAAAANS!

unless it's significantly similar in texture, i don't really see a reason to have two ships that are so similar. might as well just retexture the batavia and scale it up a bit. most 3D creator programs have a simple tool for that.

Hi Morgan,
principally you are right but if you scale to much it will look odd in game, especially if you see both together. The "Wyck" does have 10-12 cannons more and on two decks instead of mostly 1 deck at the "Batavia". So to make it correct, you can build the hull till the channel wals or a bit higher and then scale, adjust and built differently up there. The masts could probably be the same for both but this must be view'n in the plans.

It would be great to have 2 variations of trading and transport ships. One with standard armament and one with extended. For example Batavia has 30 guns and no guns on a center of main deck. It is not so difficult to place 10-12 more guns on a main deck and make a war version of Batavia. It is well known that East-India companies had often given their ships to the Navy during a time of war. And then those ships received additional armament. Although some famous pirates, such as Blackbeard, Bellamy and Roberts rearmed captured merchant ships and converted them to warships with 26-42 guns. The coolest way would be to make an ability to upgrade some trading ship in a shipyard of Bermudas, which would change the model with less guns to a full armed one. But it is difficult to do, I think, as I am completely noob in storm coding and scripting. As for me, I want to build an Abel Tasman's Heemskerck, a 22-guns pinnace in future. And then make a 30-guns frigate from it.

that is actually already possible. it could be done through the shipyard upgrade interface. i suspect it doesn't change a ship's texture while repainting, but instead replaces the entire ship model. this is supported by the light frigates, since they have a corvette lumped in with them in the repaint interface which is an entirely different ship. repainting a light frigate to that model really gives you that ship. the stats will be glitchy for a moment, but it'll soon pass at the next hour change in directsail if my suspicions are correct.

It is like that for the fluyts also. You can upgrade to a class 4 fluyt with a repaint.

I'm considering fixing this repaint 'upgrade' issue, seeing as it's basically giving you access to a better ship for free.
You should only be able to repaint to a ship which is exactly the same, but has a different texture. It's an easy fix, anyway. Any objections? :shrug

So where is she at? Could Nightwatcher or Pgargon post a file on the first post so that we can download and import her please? She's finished right?

MK

Pgargon is recovering from an HD crash, so we have to wait a bit till he is back in business. As far as i know he has'nt lost data.

Good afternoon. In this screenshot there is an interesting ship. Please tell me what this ship and where can I download it?

Attachments

• интересно, что это.jpg
    интересно, что это.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 168
looks like a late polacca to me, but i can't tell you the specific ship. my guess is that you'd just play the game and run into it sooner or later, which is pretty much the general idea.

looks like a late polacca to me, but i can't tell you the specific ship. my guess is that you'd just play the game and run into it sooner or later, which is pretty much the general idea.
What game should I play to find the ship? GoF1.1? But there is no polacca there. I've checked all the ships with GM-viewer. If somebody know where to find that ship, tell me please.

2pgargon: Good news!

Back