• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

The Smart Start Mod Version 70: New starting gear for Charles! (CHEAT CODES TOO!) (dlc compatible)

download the attachment..Add the characters folder to PROGRAM folder its the same place you added the cheat open NewStartKit_Cheater.ini with note pad..add line... characters\RPGUtilite.c..under dialogs\russian\Governor\Puancie.c..
open RPGUtilite.c look for... case "HeroType_1"...you will see all the number for special self skill and so forth change them to what you want..you will have to play around with it they are not in order like coas...before you change anything right click the rpg and send a back up to documents

I am an idiot. I have tried multiple times to get this to work and I am doing something wrong obviously. I downloaded the attachment into the Program folder. I added the line to the NewStart Ini. I have no idea what the dialog thing is. I just changed one number to 10 and nothing.
What am I doing wrong?

I am an idiot. I have tried multiple times to get this to work and I am doing something wrong obviously. I downloaded the attachment into the Program folder. I added the line to the NewStart Ini. I have no idea what the dialog thing is. I just changed one number to 10 and nothing.
What am I doing wrong?
@ChezJfrey; are you still around?

Hullo thar!

Long time lurker from a different Space-Time Continuum here..

Been meaning to ask whether some of you have had problems with these three items:
1. Summoned companions inside Character's ship, upon selecting for independent voyage and choosing the point of meeting, the conversation was stuck there and then the game crashes
2. Upon meeting with Abbot Benoit in Santiago, for the Happily Ever After DLC mission; there's no dialog line, and then the game crashes
3. This might not be a problem from the mod, however, in the Hero of the Nation East Indiamen capture quest, it is requested to capture 5 East Indiamen, however the sum total of my fleet is but 5. I tried storing some ships in the port of Capsterville while finally obtaining the whole 5 ships as requested, but there seems to be no progress in both the quest line memo nor the dialog line with the Governor-General. I'm not quite sure what is going on to be honest.

Any information or insights is much appreciated, as getting stuck post-original game is a major nuisance, especially since this is my first run with this game (previously played COAS extensively).

Cheerio!

Welcome aboard @CaptainPicard! :cheers

1. Summoned companions inside Character's ship, upon selecting for independent voyage and choosing the point of meeting, the conversation was stuck there and then the game crashes
The dialogue option must have some problem, unfortunately I haven't played with this mod so I can't help you more for now.

2. Upon meeting with Abbot Benoit in Santiago, for the Happily Ever After DLC mission; there's no dialog line, and then the game crashes
I haven't yet played Happily Ever After, so I can't help there either, maybe @kb31 or @JTem can help you out.

3. This might not be a problem from the mod, however, in the Hero of the Nation East Indiamen capture quest, it is requested to capture 5 East Indiamen, however the sum total of my fleet is but 5. I tried storing some ships in the port of Capsterville while finally obtaining the whole 5 ships as requested, but there seems to be no progress in both the quest line memo nor the dialog line with the Governor-General. I'm not quite sure what is going on to be honest.
Not sure what could have gone wrong there, when I played it, I didn't have any problems.

Maybe loading a save before this quest, and redoing it could solve this issue? :unsure

Welcome to the crew.:ahoy

Unfortunately I haven't reached that point in the game, that kind of error is quite similar to the bugs that result from the translation of the Hookmod I'm working on. Try saving and loading the game.

If you can attach the 'error.log' file, as soon as that error occurs, maybe the kb31 partner can give us a solution. :read

The file can be found in the main folder of the game.:onya

Hi!

I am not sure about the first two points you have mentioned, as these functions have both worked without flaws in my savegames, however I might be able to help you with the third issue.
As far as I remember, in this mission, you will have to capture five "special" East Indians in order to progress. These can be distinguished by purple sailes on the world map and are all
headed to Sint Maarten. When I did the quest, I just parked my ship in the general area of Sint Maarten and waited until a purple ship appeared. Afterwards, I attacked it, captured it
and immediately brought it to Capsterville and gave it to the Governor-General. You might be allowed to sell all goods and cannons off the ships, before giving them to the Governor-
General, but unfortunately, I don't remember for sure, if that's the case for this mission. Anyway, you can just save before selling the goods and try it out. After you gave the ship to the
Governor-General, you can just repeat the steps for the remaining four East Indians. I believe that they sail in the area near Sint Maarten every 15-20 days or so, so if you have Hooks
Mod installed, you will have plenty of time to give them to the Govenor-General and return for the next attack :)

sorry for not seeing or replying to stuff posted. i have been busy irl. i also uploaded an updated version. i will also ask, is anyone interested in translating it to russian?

as for bugs, i have experienced none as far as i have gotten in game, though i admit it is not too far. if there are bugs further down, do let me know asap, as i simply play game for fun most of the time, and have never gotten too far. its tested up to midway through game.

as of now, the mod is hereby mostly open source, and only ask if anyone uses my code for their own mods, just link my mod and credit me, otherwise, go crazy.

this mod is now dead until next update or needed compatibility thing. i will also rarely check the forum, just like before. please pm me if you encounter anything unusual, since it's the best way to get me to notice

Thank you, Sir!

The dialogue option must have some problem, unfortunately I haven't played with this mod so I can't help you more for now.

I believe that may be the case.

I haven't yet played Happily Ever After, so I can't help there either, maybe @kb31 or @JTem can help you out.

I have a quick-fix to this problem, that is to add the benua dialogue into hookmod's config settings. Then once I was out of Santiago, I had to remove the benua dialogue to maintain playability

Not sure what could have gone wrong there, when I played it, I didn't have any problems.

Maybe loading a save before this quest, and redoing it could solve this issue? :unsure

I tried hunting all five purple flagged East-Indiamen, and taken all its cargo. I could never give the ship to the Governor-General. Until I replayed from the beginning of the mission, and didn't take all its cargo. It ended up working well.

Last edited:
Welcome to the crew.:ahoy

Unfortunately I haven't reached that point in the game, that kind of error is quite similar to the bugs that result from the translation of the Hookmod I'm working on. Try saving and loading the game.

If you can attach the 'error.log' file, as soon as that error occurs, maybe the kb31 partner can give us a solution. :read

The file can be found in the main folder of the game.:onya

Thank you, Sir!

I'll have to re-do that bit again. Though as I mentioned just now, when I attached the benua dialogue into Hookmod's config, it went on perfectly. I had to detach it again in order to use this mod, which can be a minor inconvenience.

Hi!

I am not sure about the first two points you have mentioned, as these functions have both worked without flaws in my savegames, however I might be able to help you with the third issue.
As far as I remember, in this mission, you will have to capture five "special" East Indians in order to progress. These can be distinguished by purple sailes on the world map and are all
headed to Sint Maarten. When I did the quest, I just parked my ship in the general area of Sint Maarten and waited until a purple ship appeared. Afterwards, I attacked it, captured it
and immediately brought it to Capsterville and gave it to the Governor-General. You might be allowed to sell all goods and cannons off the ships, before giving them to the Governor-
General, but unfortunately, I don't remember for sure, if that's the case for this mission. Anyway, you can just save before selling the goods and try it out. After you gave the ship to the
Governor-General, you can just repeat the steps for the remaining four East Indians. I believe that they sail in the area near Sint Maarten every 15-20 days or so, so if you have Hooks
Mod installed, you will have plenty of time to give them to the Govenor-General and return for the next attack :)

I made the mistake of taking each of the 8 East-Indiamen's cargo, that was why the dialogue didn't show when I approached the Governor-General. Though in your instance, that doesn't seem to be the case. Interesting..

Hi,
im using this mod but i have a problem:
Im not gaining any xp.
My officers and crew are gaining XP.
Edit: it might be realated to all my stats being 100

Last edited:
Back