• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Treasure Quests

You can only have 1 treasure quest at a time. If you get more (Build 13), it overwrites the previous treasure = NOT GOOD!
In Build 14 Beta 1, we have prevented you from getting more than 1 at a time.

Does anyone know if these treasure quest gets bugged if you accept many at a time? I tried that, and it seems I could only find the treasure for the last one I accepted (used your guide to be sure it was the right location). I then went and got a new one, and found this right away.

You can't control how many Treasure Quests you get because you get them from talking to random citizens in and around towns. So you may have only 1 or 2 treasure quests then arrive in a town & have another 6 before you leave.

At the moment I have 8 Treasure Quests, 2 for Oxbay, 2 for Cayman, 1 for Conceicao, 1 for Guadeloupe, 1 for Cuba and 1 for Hispaniola.
As I have stated before & I also stated in my last post it all depends on how much you pay for the Treasure Quest. For example if you paid less that 50,000 Gold then the chances of finding the location or finding anything in the location is very slim. For one particular quest I ended up paying over 400,000 Gold as I got several Treasure quests for the same location.
I paid 27,100 gold for one quest in Oxbay Dungeon and got a dragon's tongue sword which was laying on the ground where the secret hide is, the hide wasn't there only the sword. Later I paid 196,400 gold for another quest in the same location & got a heap of treasure. The Treasure Quests are RANDOM !!!

Cool, didn't know they were THAT random, but I like that!

They seemed to be specific because they are in the quest log, casse if I don't find anything (remember I found an antidote at 1 location where I didn't find secret chest thing) they still stay in quest log. This seems to be like a remainder it is still to be found.

Thanks for answer, got a little more knowledge on the field now ^^

You can only have 1 treasure quest at a time. If you get more (Build 13), it overwrites the previous treasure = NOT GOOD!
In Build 14 Beta 1, we have prevented you from getting more than 1 at a time.

I've never had a problem with them from Build 13 right up to Build 14 Alpha 3, which is the one I'm working with at the moment.

Treasure Quests

I just do them according to which Island I'm on at the time. The one on Cayman probably won't amount to anything as I only paid 26,125 gold for it but the one for Turks 2 entries up should as I paid 376,000 gold for it.

Note:
Apparently this board doesn't support Photobucket for images as I got this message " You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board " when I tried to submit the photo showing the multiple Treasure Quests, but it supports it as a link.

The treasure quest for Cuba is wrong. It says to go to the first place after the cities. That is Bahia de Moa. That is wrong. It is actually farther south at the Bahia de Santiago. Or sumpin like that there. :keith

ok here's a question for some experienced treasure hunters...

my treasure quest says go to Hispaniola and look on the beach. so its different from the one posted.

my issue is i found the treasure spot. behind some tan rocks where i also found a sword. but here's the kicker.

i walk over the spot and it comes up with the hand icon very briefly and dissapears which is ok i can play with timing and catch the hand but when i do manage to time it right it says "using gold" and another line says "an item was taken from your inventory". and at the same time theres a beep kinda sound.

see attached screen shot from just after it happens

i can keep doing it over and over but as far as i can tell i cant see anything coming out of my inventory. no treasure chest opens and the quest in my quest book is still open.

treasure chest.JPG

anyone have any experience or ideas?

I'm glad you posted a screenie, so we know exactly where this is happening. :beer This issue has been reported a few times before, but not necessarily here. It seems the treasure quest is getting confused and garbling things up. I have had that happen at Cayman. Have you tried going back to a previous save and trying it again? If that doesn't work just shrug and move on. :rumgone

By a strange coincidence I just played that treasure quest. You found the spot where the treasure chest is ok. There should be no sword there. There was only the chest there for me a few minutes ago. :shrug

the sword wasn't in the exact same spot at the chest, it was on the other side of the big tan rock sticking out between the big rock and a smaller one. ill try and go to another save game and try again now that i know where it is it wont take me long... ill post back if im lucky or not.

quick question are the treasure quests never ending in the amount of them or is there a certain number of them?

thanks for the reply

That "flashing" problem has been in the game for quite a long time. It's a pain and we have NO idea WHY it does that. :modding

pirate code ghosts eh?

so anyways i tryed the different save game ... no dice.

so now how do i drop that quest so i can get another treasure quest? i havn't run into anyone since i got it trying to sell me another one and i was thinking that since i had one they wouldn't try to sell me another... am i right? hopefully im wrong cuz i don't know how to drop that quest so i can get another treasure quest

Patience Grasshopper. Sooner or later someone will sell you another treasure quest. Are treasure quests never ending or finite? No ideer. :mm

If things work as intended, you can't get another treasure quest while you've still got one open.
The reason is that the new treasure quest would overwrite the old one.

I believe that new treasure quests do overwrite old ones. I always reject new offers to buy one when I have one already, unless it's messed up and I want to move on.

ok but Pieter how do you get any more treasure quests if you have a bugged treasure quest that you can't finish and the quest system wont let you get another quest till you finish the one you have. i know that it will or it used to overwrite the other quests you had at the time(treasure quests) but if it doesn't do that now and it wont let you get a new quest for that reason couldn't that end up messing up your treasure quests and if you have a bugged one then from there on in that game you can't do any more treasure quests?

I hope its as Miklkit posted, otherwise since my treasure quest won't let me finish it and theres no way of dropping quests (at least as far as i know of) i wont be able to do any treasure quests in my game.

Either way i've restarted the game and chosen a different path this time because i wanted to change a few decisions to hopefully save me a little coin. :onya

I understand its a Beta and even in a final theres still gona be bugs, nothings perfect, thats fine you all have made an incredible game i just wouldn't want to see a part of it possible dead end.

As the code stands, you're stuck. UNLESS the code doesn't do what it's supposed to, as miklkit suggests.

They need some work but we have nobody to do that work. :facepalm

As the code stands, you're stuck. UNLESS the code doesn't do what it's supposed to, as miklkit suggests.

They need some work but we have nobody to do that work. :facepalm

Oh that sucks ... sorry i have no expirence in modding or coding... now if it had gears bolts chains and bearings, or just made of stone ... id be your man :shrug

I want to confirm once again that in build 14 beta 1 patch 5 you can indeed overwrite a treasure quest. I had one for the Oxbay dungeon that involves a lot of combat, but since using meds causes an instant ctd I was not going to go down there. :8q I just bought a treasure quest for Hispaniola and am looking forward to doing that one. :treas

Oh yeah. It did not cost me any money to buy it. :j2

I thought I would stick my oar in here :hmm

I got a treasure map from some guy a while back, for about 25k gold. It's the one for Cayman. I spent ages roaming every bit of the island, and there was a cave, full of pirates. After dispatching them i noticed the sword at the back of the cave.

I picked it up.... it was an average maltese knight sword :modding :modding :modding
I have like 10 of those in the weapons locker, all of them excellent or fine. Damn the guy who sold me this map to the depths of Davy Jones' locker.

But the problem is guys, the quest hasn't finished. It's still open in my quest log, even though I went to the cave as it described. Unless I'm in the wrong place, but I scoured the island for ages and it was definately the only cave.

So how do I finish the quest? I want to believe someone else will offer me another so i can overwrite it (if that is true) but so far I have gotten nothing. Lets just hope that what Hylie says is true i guess!

A sword is not a treasure chest; that would've been there regardless of the map. There should still be a chest somewhere.

Back