• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Treasure Quests

I finally made it there again and got a screenie with locators. Methinks that goto mound1 is the entrance to the cave, but is not working. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76702168/POTC screenies/Sand Bluff trigger.jpg

I have managed to get a couple of the screenies by Shark Bait from post 59. ( copied the links into a new tab in iexplorer)
I have tried to mark where I think the place is where you fall into the cave - it is on the flat ground on one side of the small hill ( I have tried to mark it in the image with a red circle - but I am going from memory here ).

In the cave ( which is like the Barbados cave in the jungle you fall into it in a different place ) go and find the ladder which is the exit - then follow the instructions in post 59 to find the treasure chest.

I have attached a Map - not sure how clear it is.

Attachments

• Sharkbait_4_12_2006_Image3.jpg
    Sharkbait_4_12_2006_Image3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,937
  • Sharkbait_4_12_2006_Image4.jpg
    Sharkbait_4_12_2006_Image4.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,779
  • Sharkbait_4_12_2006_Image4adj.JPG
    Sharkbait_4_12_2006_Image4adj.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 1,792
  • Map Cayman Treasure  Cave.JPG
    Map Cayman Treasure Cave.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,899
Thanks! :onya I will give it another try soonest. I will be seriously embarrassed if it works because I have run all over that area. :read

Well, I obviously did not run everywhere because I found it last night. :wp The cave entrance is not where you thought it was either Talisman, but a bit farther back. That area has changed over the years and no longer looks like it used to.
I fell in there, had a good time, the treasure chest was empty, left and went back to the start, and fell in again. :pirates The entrance is at goto9. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76702168/POTC screenies/Cayman -Sand Bluff goto9.jpg

Are the treasure chest locators still absolutely tiny and virtually impossible to open?

I wonder if we can increase the size. Beats me why they go small once the regular chests turn into treasure chests. Don't think that was ever intentional...

Apparently, treasure map costs are now no longer substracted from your money. Convenient, but can't be intentional. Also, what the hell is this horrible mess? I know where it is, but jeez.

Attachments

• treasure.jpg
    treasure.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 144
Agreed on both counts. I don't know when money was paid for treasure quests. Without the tutorials here some of them are very difficult. The descriptions are better than they were though.

Well, i'm beginning to learn how to fix these bits of dialogue. Maybe i'll look into it if i can. Couldn't fix the broken seamap discriptions though, since there seemed to be nothing wrong with them in the code itself. It's not an urgent repair either, since the discriptions are exactly the same as the item names. The treasure maps could be equally tricky, since they depend on coded names.

Guys i need help i got treasure quest, found secret catacombs (cave) on Cayman, when i approached the "secret hide" there is a sound and the "secret hide" text blinks in the top left corner of the screen, but i cant open/take anything... Is this a bug? BTW i did n't get any stones at the entrance to the cave so i had to pixel hunt according to screenshots in this thread....

So, what s the prob with that chest? :(

It is a timing thing. Walk slowly up to the secret hide while tapping F3 or the space bar. If you time it right the chest will open. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Guys i need help i got treasure quest, found secret catacombs (cave) on Cayman, when i approached the "secret hide" there is a sound and the "secret hide" text blinks in the top left corner of the screen, but i cant open/take anything..
If it blinks then you've just walked over and past the secret hide. You're in the right area, now walk around carefully and slowly until the grabbing hand icon stays solid on the screen. (Assuming that it's the same icon as in Build 13, which is what I play...)

well, still no success...

And btw why so many chests when approached got "hand" icon first (before chest icon) blinking for less than a second and if i managed to click space i got the following message:
Using gold
an item has been removed from your inventory

What is this?

Just tried another treasure quest - Cuba, San Antonio this time. Found secret hide and AGAIN that stubid blinking thing bug when u cant open a chest instead i ve triggered the following message:

Using gold
An item has been removed from your inventory...

I guess all the treasure quests bugged for me.

LOL, i ve made it... guess how

1. installed 2nd copy of Potc game with Build 22
2. Made some changes in game resources to adapt in for my custom beltrop char
3. copy/paste saved game from one game clien to another
4. loaded and looted treasure chest with no problems (the icon is still blinking but it actually WORKS)!!!

The diffrences were that i got rid of that nonsence "Using gold" message and the secret hide icon (blinking one) changed from "grabbing arm" to "wooden chest".

Well, i guess the text above could be a temporary fix for this random BUG.

Update:

The problem came back when i tried to tune game settings (build options, arcade/realistic sailing, etc) so now i have to install clear clien again...

Here s the key to the problem, something in game settings causes this bug.

Nope,
my personal research showed that its not a simple random bug, its controllable and avoidable/fixable.

The same treasure quest on the same character works or not in 2 separate game clients (i made a copy of saved game and tested it in 2 different game clients. So the same treasure chest can be opened in one game, and cannot be opened in another game (same character, same saved game) That means, if any of treasure chests can be opened - the game client is bug-free and any other treasure chest can be opened as well. And other way round.

If you can find out what makes it work in one install and not another let us know. What options are you choosing that causes it to not work?

Back