• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Treasure Quests

FINALLY!

I found the reason of bugged treasure chests.

For any1 having the same problem (unlootable treasure chests): U HAVE TO ENABLE "Ammo and Powder" mod in Advanced game options!!!

For some reason if that mod is disabled, treasure quests become bugged with silly "Using gold / An item has been removed from your inventory" text message.

I think that moderator should announce this temporary bugfix in some proper thread.

Crikey! I don't know how many years it has been like that. 5 years? More? This could go in the FAQ, but nobody reads the FAQ.

Damn i still got an echo of that bug in current save game.

To get rid of this conflict i need to start a new game, but i dont really want to. In current game (which was starded with ammo and bullets mod off) when i enabled the mod, i didnt got any possible way to buy ammo for my handguns (no merchants, looting, etc.)

So now, if i put mod off - i get rid of treasure chests bug, if i put in on - i cant use firearms as i should...

Does any1 know possible way to completely remove this mod via console? Or may be activate it correctly (gunpowder and ammo should appear in stock/loot)?

You might be able to get around your problem by hiring or appointing a gunner. They automatically refill your ammo supply if you go on board your ship in 3rd person.

Apparently, treasure map costs are now no longer substracted from your money. Convenient, but can't be intentional. Also, what the hell is this horrible mess? I know where it is, but jeez.

The Treasure Quest Questbook should have been fixed in Beta 2.2 - the new ( tempory ) file is here http://piratesahoy.net/threads/treasure-quests-questbook-fix-temporary.18643/

It was supposed to replace the original until the coding could be fixed.

Treasure Quests for free ( no money being taken by the NPC who gives you the quest ) has been a bug for ages - I have been unable to work out how to fix it.

:cheers

Has it ever worked? I can't say i really remember. Shame that your fix requires a new game. I'll have to wait with enjoying it i suppose, but thanks anyway.

You might be able to get around your problem by hiring or appointing a gunner. They automatically refill your ammo supply if you go on board your ship in 3rd person.

Yes, my gunner gives me ammo, but its quite uncomfortable for me. Is there any other way to fix this?

FINALLY!

I found the reason of bugged treasure chests.

For any1 having the same problem (unlootable treasure chests): U HAVE TO ENABLE "Ammo and Powder" mod in Advanced game options!!!

For some reason if that mod is disabled, treasure quests become bugged with silly "Using gold / An item has been removed from your inventory" text message.

I think that moderator should announce this temporary bugfix in some proper thread.
Interesting find! Can anyone else confirm this works? If so, I'll add it to the FAQ.

Hylie: We can only hope people will read it, eh? :rolleyes:
Perhaps it would help if more people, especially Modders, put the FAQ link in their signature. It would at least make the link more visible on the forum.

or dont answer questions that is in the faqs just say its in the faqs read it :p (myself included as a new memeber :))

Treasure Quests for free ( no money being taken by the NPC who gives you the quest ) has been a bug for ages - I have been unable to work out how to fix it.

:cheers
the treasure quest in build 13 final subtract money from your crow money and work fine in my 5 games the game always subtract the money from me when i accept the treasure quest

I don't read the FAQ either, so do not know what is in there. :facepalm

I just got the Centurion in game and am reluctant to bugger it again. It would require a new install and some time to test this.

It didn't take as much time as I thought. I made a new beta 2-2 install and didn't even finish the tutorial before noticing that all chests give a flicker of the hand icon before showing the chest icon.
So there is a difference. But the chests still open so far.

It didn't take as much time as I thought. I made a new beta 2-2 install and didn't even finish the tutorial before noticing that all chests give a flicker of the hand icon before showing the chest icon.
So there is a difference. But the chests still open so far.

If u manage to click space while grabbing hand is visible u get "using gold..." message. And yes, i got the same result with ammo mod disabled. All, but treasure chests can be opened.

I have no idea what the using gold message even refers to. I've never seen it. It could be useful in figuring out the source of the bug though.

OK, I've now posted a note about this problem in the FAQ; see point #8 here. At least we have something to refer people to until a proper fix is issued.

AARRGGHH!! :rumgone This free gunpowder thingy messes up all kinds of things. I caught the flashing hand over a chest and got the using gold message. Then I could not access my character stats to upgrade my skills. Then a bunch of gold mysteriously disappeared.
There are other little random glitches also. What a mess.

I opened the chest in Cuba but nothing was in there.. are some of these quests "scams" or something?

Also it seemed that in order to open the chest I had to tap the use key while walking over the hidden chest.. because the chest icon only appears for a split second.

Some of them indeed are a scam.

The "split second" issue is known and really annoying. Nobody has a clue why it happens. :modding

Cool ok cheers glad its not a bug with the chest being empty.. Does the amount you pay for the treasure tip make a difference on whether its real or not?

Cheers!

Dunno. Is it money or luck or both? Early on when I'm unlucky and broke the treasure quests are usually busts. Later on they are usually good, but the prices still vary quite a bit. IMO luck is more important than money.

Cool ok thanks I will just keep trying til I get a winner! Its not like its hard to make the gold back hehe..

Dunno. Is it money or luck or both? Early on when I'm unlucky and broke the treasure quests are usually busts. Later on they are usually good, but the prices still vary quite a bit. IMO luck is more important than money.

Back