• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Updates to Blacksmiths

2. Single Repair refuses to work on the "halberd"
3. Batch Repair does work if you have a "halberd", but skips that particular item

That sounds perfect to me. This was the reason I ever started to fix with those files.
Many thanks.:bow

Is that WITH fixes I uploaded? I tried both instances now and was unable to replicate the problem.

Are you sure fine>excellent actually DID cost 0 gold?
Before my fix, it would display as zero for the Batch Repair, but it would still subtract the money that it should have cost.
But I fixed that already and it seems to behave itself for me.

The Turks blacksmith did indeed need a bit more work, which will be included in my next update.
But it did already recognize the Brace of Horse Pistols as a gun. Was it already Excellent quality, by any chance?
But even then she would have said that it is an amazing gun. :shock

Perhaps we shouldn't name it "Gunsmith". I know it is confusing, because of the dialog filename.
But refer to this earlier post of mine: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/updates-to-blacksmiths.24355/page-4#post-497182

There is one GUNSMITH who repairs only guns. He has a regular blacksmith dialog and is included in the Blacksmith Fetch Quests.
The character with the "gunsmith" dialog file does both guns AND blades and can be found only on Turks.

The blacksmith of Nevis (pirate) doesn't trade with items; no option for that in the dialog (Is this normal?)
Cannot confirm.
While indeed the FIRST dialog you get misses out on a few options, next time you talk to him everything is back to normal.
This applies to ALL blacksmiths, by the way.

Any suggestion for a better name then Gunsmith?

There are three types of blacksmiths, from what I can see:
  • The normal blacksmith, which repairs ONLY blades.
  • The gunsmith, which ONLY repairs guns, and the only one I know in this class is the Gunsmith of Sao Jorge.
  • And the "blacksmith/gunsmith", which repairs blades AND guns, and I think there are only two: The one from Nevis in pirate settlement and the other on Turks.
So we have to give an aproppiate name for the third one.

And also other thing; since the Blacksmith of Nevis can do repair of Blades and Guns too, shouldn't this blacksmith added to unlock the "Expert Marksman" in a Fetch Quest?

He can do both? If so I just need to change his setting to be a gunsmith and he will be able to unlock it indeed. I tought only TURKS could repair guns.
If Sao Jorge's smith can only repair guns he should be included too.

And the "blacksmith/gunsmith", which repairs blades AND guns, and I think there are only two: The one from Nevis in pirate settlement and the other on Turks.
And also other thing; since the Blacksmith of Nevis can do repair of Blades and Guns too, shouldn't this blacksmith added to unlock the "Expert Marksman" in a Fetch Quest?
The Nevis one is a regular sword blacksmith. And not a very good one either.

He can do both? If so I just need to change his setting to be a gunsmith and he will be able to unlock it indeed. I tought only TURKS could repair guns.
If Sao Jorge's smith can only repair guns he should be included too.
Both correct. Nevis = Blades only and Sao Jorge = Guns only.

Both correct. Nevis = Blades only and Sao Jorge = Guns only.

Are you sure? I went to confirm it on Nevis and here is what i got:

Nevis blacksmith.jpg

What does he say when you click that option?

Back