• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Updates to Blacksmiths

Another post disappeared. I talked about the blacksmith and posted a save, but apparently forgot to post the post.

This dialog shows now up everytime, no matter what you are carrying^^
That's no good. Definitely on my to-do list for tomorrow.

Another post disappeared. I talked about the blacksmith and posted a save, but apparently forgot to post the post.
AGH! If it does happen ALL the time though, I can probably figure it out even without the save.
So you don't need to worry about it. Thanks for trying anyway! :doff

At least a bit better, isnt it? :) seadogs2_0005.jpg seadogs2_0009.jpg

Definitely better! Can you upload that, please? Then I'll have something to work from when I get to tweaking the code behind it a bit.
If necessary, of course. Haven't tried it yet! :wp

Here you go ;)

Attachments

• Blacksmith_dialog.h
    2.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Blacksmith2_dialog.h
    3.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Blacksmith3_dialog.h
    3 KB · Views: 135
  • Blacksmith4_dialog.h
    3.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Blacksmith5_dialog.h
    4.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Blacksmith6_dialog.h
    4.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Blacksmith7_dialog.h
    3.5 KB · Views: 138
Cheers! Including in the next game version. I made some slight further adjustments as well.
Let's see how that works in the next upload. Should be much better for sure!

Just a note also for players who want single sword/pistol repairs, the Turks blacksmith still does those.
And he'll take blades AND guns.

So what's the verdict on the blacksmiths? Two main questions:
1. Is the actual dialog text acceptable now?
2. Is it enough to have only the batch repair or do you need some sort of single weapon option as well?

If necessary, I'll look into #2. If if not necessary, of course that might be a bit of a waste of time.... :wp

Personally I think it will confuse a lot of people to only have the batch option, so if possible I would include the single option also.

@Jack Rackham mentioned there was a weird bug with having both available at the same time.
Can the batch mode be applied to a single blade?

I really have to actually see how this works some time soon. :facepalm

I think all we have at the moment is the batch option. I would like having both available. That is how it was when you could only get the batch at Krajnedlik. First line was the individual blade, second line the batch and third was stock and four was see you later.

Indeed, the option was there before. Apparently the two methods didn't work together entirely right, so we figured we'd simplify things.
But most likely you wouldn't be using both methods at the same time anyway.

There's definitely something weird going on with this thing. At Bonaire, the upgrade from Fine to Excellent seemed to cost no money.
Fine and Excellent also showed the same price.

Guess what I'll be looking at tomorrow....? :facepalm

Well you can work around it the way it is by manipulating the blades in your inventory before you talk to the blacksmith.

Thread merged with the original one where the rewrite started. Better keep it all together, eh?

Anyway, I'm looking into it now. Trying to figure out the Fine>Excellent pricing issue. :modding

And there's a bug in blacksmith_dialog.c. When you use first "repair all" and then repair 1 single blade you get an extra blade.
Doing some experimenting with putting things a bit closer to the way they were.
But how do I trigger that bug? So far, I didn't yet manage....

What I did manage so far is to get Batch Repair to skip the halberd without disabling that functionality altogether if you have a halberd.

Find attached updated versions of all blacksmith dialogs. Changes made:
1. Single and Batch Repairs both available, since I was unable to trigger any apparent bugs with that
2. Single Repair refuses to work on the "halberd"
3. Batch Repair does work if you have a "halberd", but skips that particular item
4. Blacksmith calling you a "moron" replaced with more civilized dialog
5. After Batch Repair, you will have your own blade (but repaired) equipped again instead of possibly not having anything equipped
6. Ensured price and wait time differences between blacksmiths are maintained as per older modpack versions
7. Some slight fixed on punctuation in blacksmith_dialog.c itself. I was lazy and did not check the other ones.
8. Corrected price display for Batch Repair to Excellent

What should ideally still be done is to distinguish the blacksmiths a bit further.
While the single item repairs have different text for them all, the Batch Repair text is all the same due to lazy copy-pasting on my part.

Also, should there be some blacksmiths that are so crappy that they cannot repair up to Excellent?

In any case, it is my hope that this works well for all situations. Please test and post any comments you might have!

Especially @Jack Rackham: Please have a look at what I did here!
I think it maintains all your original intentions, but we had better be sure. Don't want to be breaking you hard work here, do we? :wp

Attachments

• b14_b3-3_blacksmith.zip
    38.8 KB · Views: 128
Also worth nothing that Batch Repair is FASTER than Single Repair. Where a Single Repair is one blade per day, Batch does 1 per hour.
Some blacksmiths have a multiplier on this length for variety.

Anyway, this doesn't sound like it makes a whole lot of sense. So does anyone have any suggestions on getting this more in line?
Perhaps any blade repair should take only an hour?

One thing I'll do to distinguish the smiths a bit more is to disable Batch Repair for the shady Nevis pirate one.
After all, with him being so afraid of the authorities, surely he doesn't have a whole bunch of apprentices to help out!?!

I'm thinking of keeping the full range of repairs if you use Single Blade.
But for Batch Repair, have the full range available only at the BEST smiths in the archipelago.

This is an overview of the current differentiation between the blacksmiths:
Blacksmith1 Bonaire: Batch to Fine, price 1/100, 1 day/repair - Original
Blacksmith2 Puerto Rico: Batch to Good, price 1/70, 1 day/repair - Grumpy guy
Blacksmith3 Grenada: Batch to Excellent, price 1/90, 1 day/repair - GUNSMITH!
Blacksmith4 Jamaica: Batch to Excellent, price 1/60, 3 days/repair - Best blacksmith
Blacksmith5 Nevis: Single Repair Only, price 1/80, 2 days/repair - Shady guy
Blacksmith6 Martinique: Batch to Fine, price 1/105, 3 days/repair - Female
Blacksmith7 Havana/Cartagena: Batch to Average, price 1/70, 1 day/repair - Dialog is a copy of Blacksmith1
Gunsmith Turks: Single Repair Only, price 1/100, 1 day/repair - Swords AND Pistols

I'm not sure whether the "personalities", dialog and wait times are quite in line with each other here.
The female one is the cheapest, but takes the longest. Best is most expensive.
Then comes the grumpy one. The shady one isn't even the most expensive.

Or is it so late now I'm reading this all wrong? Anyway, ENOUGH OF THIS! You guys figure it out. :whipa

Reactions: A.H
Ok a couple. The bs/gs on Turks didn't seem to recognize my brace of horse pistols as a gun. The gunsmith on conciaco repair my pistols from fine to excellent for$0.

Back