• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Updates to Blacksmiths

So this is fixed now?

But not yet available, since I didn't post the new version yet. So this still needs to be tested, right?

Uhm.. since the last update, Blacksmiths won't repair my blade :D They always say that I don't have a sword equipped, even when I have.. I can now only let my sword repaired by using the dialog to repair all swords.

The batch mode did replace the single sword mode.
Do you miss the single sword option?

Is it not a fixed price per blade? Depending on the value of the blade itself, of course.

yeah but it is cheaper to onl repair one blade then all of the blades with you, isnt it? I dont know bout you, but I always carry quite a lot blades with me, since I'm most of the time too lazy to sell them all one-by-one, since the "Sell All Loot" doesnt really work..

Sell All Loot can be tweaked if necessary.
But of course such an automated system can never get it completely right.
As long as it doesn't sell to much, it should at least be a help to get rid of most of the clutter.
Actually, it might also sell spades and pickaxes and you need one of those for treasure-hunter-y.

If you want to do only one blade, I suppose you could give the others to an officer of yours for temporary safekeeping?

Sell All Loot doesnt sell aynthing at all for me :D

Well, if I'd had an officer, I could do that.. Anyway, since it's not a bug, nvm then.. But we should rewrite the Blacksmith dialog then. (Can do it along with the skillbook descriptions ;) )

I think he wants only to clarify the actual dialog text a bit.

Last edited:
Yep, because now the Blacksmith says that I shouldn't waste his time and that I should equip a blade before talking to him.. which is quite senseless^^

True. Perhaps that whole option should be removed, since I think there are now two ways of exiting the dialog.

Yes, that would be a solution, too. So straight from the introduction to the part where you can choose the quality?

The batch mode did replace the single sword mode.
Do you miss the single sword option?
Yes. I only want to polish up the occasional sword which has deteriorated while I or an officer am using it. Other spare "good" and "fine" blades go into the weapons locker for the crew, lesser blades get sold.

So what should we do with this issue here?

Is there any way we can combine "single sword fixing" with the new "batch mode"?
And what dialog changes should be made to clarify on the functionality?

What's up with the name calling? The blacksmith dialogs need some work in general.
tester 2014-12-29 09-09-29-08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed that is not exactly quality dialog! I'll see if I can look into those files tomorrow myself.
Blacksmiths are an important feature in the game and it appears they could indeed use a bit more attention.

And what is with that "0 gold"? That sounds really quite weird. :confused:

Out of curiosity, what we you carrying at the time? That would help me understand which dialog options are being displayed for you.
Alternatively, a savegame there might help too so that I actually have something to test from. :doff

Back