• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Updating the Interface Textures

Cassadar, were you going to look at adding those Cuba pictures and changing the borders of the icons?
If you don't feel like it, I can probably do it myself too if you want. :doff

Wow, that looks pretty perfect to me! Thanks a lot! :bow
SailToCuba.jpg

I really like the clean brown dialog interface. Something simliar would be great for the blue interface.
I tested a little but have no idea where/how/what to change. Can someone give me a hint here? o_O

It is just a texture file: RESOURCE\Textures\Dialog\dialog.tga.tx . :doff

I just tested it and I'm happy again. :dance
Thanks a lot Cassadar, very good and transparent text window too! :onya
IMHO this was the weakiest point with the blue interface.

Just thought I'd show people what the blue one looks like ingame:
BlueDialog.jpg

It isn't too blue, is it? :oops:

Cool! :cheers

And does anyone think any of the ship Battle Interface pictures need some work?
I'm thinking especially of ships_32.tga.tx . Some of those bigger ships don't have the best pictures.

And does anyone think any of the ship Battle Interface pictures need some work?
I'm thinking especially of ships_32.tga.tx . Some of those bigger ships don't have the best pictures.
What, again? I already revamped that texture quite a bit. What's wrong with it now? o_O

You already fixed this one, then?
ships-32.jpg

Indeed I remember it looking REALLY bad and it does look OK to me now. I suppose I just forgot. :facepalm

Ships_32_B%26A.jpg

The one you highlighted used to be the default for Class 2 ships, but now it's only used by early vessels with that kind of rigging.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming these changes are perfect (the FastMerchantman one could use a white underwater hull now).
The brig in the top right is still an exact copy of the one in Ships_16.tga, so that could potentially be replaced with something else.

Alrightee then; thanks for the comparison, indeed it looks like I misremembered. :facepalm

Cassadar, was there anything you still wanted to do? If not, we can mark this thread as "Solved".

For my part, I've just made some subtle changes to the Ships_32.tga file, including what I said about the FastMerchantman picture.

Attachments

• ships_32.tga.tx.7z
    180.2 KB · Views: 76
Back