• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Updating the Interface Textures

I thought about making the borders of the whole top part a bit thinner, because it looks kind of weird compared to the rather slim dialog box. Should be possible for the portrait too.
For the ornaments, good question. I added them inside the name window so it matches better with the portrait. I have no idea though, why the top border of the dialog part gets squeezed that much, while the rest of it gets stretched like there were no tomorrow.

I have no idea though, why the top border of the dialog part gets squeezed that much, while the rest of it gets stretched like there were no tomorrow.
Because apparently when they made the game, they decided to set it up in a bit of a weird way. Oh well, anything that is better than what we've got is fine by me.

For the ornaments, good question. I added them inside the name window so it matches better with the portrait.
The 64 portraits have that ornamentation too, so it is nice if the animated portrait matches with that.
But I don't think the dialogs need it. :no

Edit: And perhaps a bit more space here?
dialog.jpg
At the moment, that looks a bit cramped to me. If the ornamentation is gone, that should give you some more space, right?

I did a small interface texture improvement of my own:
FireShipIcon.jpg
New Fire Ship Ability icon. The old one was more than a little confusing. :confused:
Also, that ability still works fine. Blowing up a Tier 1 ship tends to sink EVERY other ship around. :rofl

damn... Pearl, Dutchman and Queen Anne's? With that Armada you rule everything :D
BTW: I improved the emerge-music a bit (again) :D should I upload it or is it good the way it is now?

damn... Pearl, Dutchman and Queen Anne's? With that Armada you rule everything :D
HMS Dauntless is just out of frame. I just got them through console though. That's what "case 3" is for. ;)

BTW: I improved the emerge-music a bit (again) :D should I upload it or is it good the way it is now?
Better is always better. What's different?

well .. ^^
1. I made it that the scene-music starts a bit later, so it matches now better.
2. I added some particle effects, so that the splashing sfx fits a bit better. Also, the emerging and submerging now takes abit longer, for the same reason.
3. Added a second emerge-track for diversity^^
No worries, the complete pack is only 3,5MB 'big' , I think that is manageable ;)

I can have a look at it. :doff
The masts do still splash properly when appearing out of the water, right? :cheeky

yes of course, I didn't touched that^^ I simply added a few more "steps" on the emerging, where particles are created. And I added some particles when the emerging is complete, like in the movies, when there's still water dropping from the sails and coming out of the cannon-shafts and so on ;)
Will upload the .zip on the FTP.
But the new emerge track will unfortunaly require a new game :( the other changes will work with savegames ;)

I don't have an artistic eye. :shrug Anyway, it looks like this at the moment:
Awesome! That already looks much cleaner and more professional than the current brown interface. :onya

That screenshot reminds me of how much worse most interface items look in widescreen. We really need to start adding support for widescreen (in the code, not textures) at some point.

Wow, that looks pretty brilliant! I can think of nothing else to change anymore.
Simple, yet detailed. And no ugly edges either. :onya

yes, I was too lazy to edit it yet :D I will put it a bit down. And if found out that the PostEvent("LoadSceneSound, Delay") is unfortunaly somewhere affected by another music-code (I think it may be this code:
Code:
#define MUSIC_SILENCE_TIME    135
)
because the music starts on different points if you are in battle.
So I tried to put in an if-case:
Code:
                if (!bDisableMapEnter)
                {
                PostEvent("LoadSceneSound", 100000);
                }
                else{
                PostEvent("LoadSceneSound", 42000);
                }
does that sound logical? The game doesn't seem to have anything against it and I think it is better now.

Back