• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Updating the Interface Textures

Okay.. it works :)
I put the sail-splashing effects after the emerge on the right height and left one step out, because it gets too much otherwise. I simply outcommented the step, so if we want to set it to default sometimes in the future, its still there ;)

EDIT: Goddamnit!! The outcomment is no good^^ give me a second for the very very last NK.c file ... :oops:

Attachments

• NK.c
    119.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
okay.. that should be it now ^^
only 2 "problems":
1. If you speed-up the time with R, the PostEvent-time speeds up, too. That means if you are at e.g. 3x Time-Rate the scene-music starts a bit too early
2. If there's a scene change e.g. open sea -> battle , the game will load the new scene-music, ignoring my code^^

I think I have to look for a better function for the future. But I think it is enough for now as it is.

Attachments

• NK.c
    119.7 KB · Views: 133
Cassadar, do you have resource\textures\INTERFACES\PORTRAITS\256\FACE_307.TGA.tx .
Should be Woodes Rogers' portrait file, but I don't seem to have it. :confused:

Hmm.... Perhaps Jack Rackham never made one because he'll never be an officer of yours then....
Thanks for confirming. :doff

Cassadar, did you manage to get anywhere with those Sail-To icons?
If it is not working out, I can see what I can sort out myself. We could keep a fair bit the same if need be.

Not yet. People just won't leave me alone at the moment with their deadlines, which they ignored successfully for the last months, so I have to solve that stuff for them (again). And when there is some free time, I mostly don't want to do anything, because I'm totally blank and tired.
It's just voluntary work, so resigning from their project sounds very appealing at the moment. You're fed up with this after some years.

I'll start with these sail icons in an hour or two; slept almost the whole day.

Ouch; sorry to hear about the worries these people give you.

Anyway, you don't have to do those icons. I could figure something out if you're too busy for now.
I don't want to make this voluntary work as annoying for you as those other people apparently do! :shock

Nah, it's okay. Taking screenies just now, so hopefully the icons are ready tomorrow, or Monday. But you can make the fort pictures if you want.

You wanted forts? Here's part 1!

Attachments

• Antigua_Fort.jpg
    Antigua_Fort.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Cartagena_Fort.jpg
    Cartagena_Fort.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Cayman_Fort.jpg
    Cayman_Fort.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Conceicao_Fort.jpg
    Conceicao_Fort.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Douwesen_Fort.jpg
    Douwesen_Fort.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Eleuthera_Fort.jpg
    Eleuthera_Fort.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 100
  • FdF_Fort.jpg
    FdF_Fort.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Greenford_Fort.jpg
    Greenford_Fort.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Guadeloupe_Fort.jpg
    Guadeloupe_Fort.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Havana_Fort.jpg
    Havana_Fort.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 88
And part two too. Let me know if you can or cannot work with these. :doff

Attachments

• IslaMuelle_Fort.jpg
    IslaMuelle_Fort.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Marigot_Fort.jpg
    Marigot_Fort.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Oxbay_Fort.jpg
    Oxbay_Fort.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Philipsburg_Fort.jpg
    Philipsburg_Fort.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 102
  • PoP_Fort.jpg
    PoP_Fort.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Redmond_Fort.jpg
    Redmond_Fort.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Santiago_Fort.jpg
    Santiago_Fort.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 90
  • SantoDomingo_Fort.jpg
    SantoDomingo_Fort.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Tortuga_Fort.jpg
    Tortuga_Fort.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Turks_Fort.jpg
    Turks_Fort.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 85
It does seem that most of the forts look very much the same. The only one that is REALLY different is the Cartagena one.

Here's the first ingame screenshot:
SailToIcons.jpg

I still have to adapt all the other islands accordingly, but it looks to be working nicely!
Those borders do look a bit wider than the accompanying ones on the ship icons though.

Edit: Same for the blue one. See this comparison:
SailToIconsComparison.jpg

Last edited:
Found some towns still missing:
Havana (Cuba)
Santiago (Cuba)

For now, will use the Port Royal (Jamaica) and Speightstown (Barbados) or them.
The shores you couldn't access are for quest purposes only, but they use existing shore models,
so I set up the code to reuse the correct pictures for those. :doff

Not a problem. It is all pretty nearly perfect as it is! I just completed all the relevant coding and it looks to be working fine.
Really nice to having everything matching up! Should help to remind people where they're going too.
Even if people can't remember the town names, they can now just remember what they look like. :cheers

Back