• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

We Have the Storm Engine!

I've just got a question : Now we have the storm engine, is it easy to install a new world map like the one used in Coas ? :?

Fantastic job all invoved! :cheers :cheers :cheers
Even if I'm not quite sure what this really means. Moving to Coas huh? :huh

This is indeed great news.

We must also give three cheers for the generosity of Akella and Seward.ru and the kind folks there for this as well as to the efforts of our modders.

Hip Hip Hip Hooray. :bow :bow :bow :warr

If your talking the woman.an I thought I sent that along with the man :facepalm

No...I mean the Maya source models\skeletons.

No matter...I've asked Eddy for them.(maybe he can send me a copy of the game as well...have'nt even played it yet xD:).

damski.

Congratulations to all involved in getting the source code. :bow

Has this happened before anywhere? I know one mod group for a program that came out in 1998, with the company long gone, that still can not get the source code.

By all means restrict access to the core group only. Security can't be too tight.

Once again, Congratulations! :shoot:

Well done gents!

I'm pleased to hear we now have the source.

I'm looking forward to seeing what we can get done with this new resource!

Cap'n Drow

A triple Hurray for all of you, congratulations to you, and my most sincere thanks to Seaward!

:drunk Hip Hip, Hurray! Hip Hip, Hurray! Hip Hip, Hurray!

Wow! Congratulations! :woot

Finally, Akella checked the Toughness, Storm Helmsmen and Thrustworthy Lads perks with Pirates Ahoy!! :gday

I sent the following PM to Mr. Zaitsev.
Hopefully he'll be able to provide us with some more information on how we can actually put the files to good use:
Dear Mr. Zaitsev,

Thank you very much for your kind sharing of the Storm engine source code.
It really is much appreciated and I hope we'll be able to put it to good use!

We've had a look at the files, but seem to be having some issues making proper use of it just yet.
Could you please tell us what program you used to compile them into usable EXE and DLL files?
The one we're using is generating a whole bunch of compile error messages.

Also, most of our modding work is still base on the old Storm 2.0 engine.
We would like to move it over to Storm 2.8, but could use a bit of help with that.
Do you have any information on the differences between Storm 2.0 and Storm 2.8
and on what we'd need to do to our code to make it compatible?

Do you know if anyone might still have access to the Storm 2.0 source code?
Having both the old and the new version would allow us to see exactly all the differences and would help greatly in porting everything over.

In any case, thank you very much again for your continued support to us.

Kind regards,

Pieter Boelen
PiratesAhoy! Community Leader

Forgive my ignorance but does this mean we as players need to move on to coas or is the intended mod going to be stand-alone?

Frenchie

It means we will quite likely move onto CoAS earlier than expected but we still want to make a stable version using PotC (and finished)

2Pieter Boelen
I'm not Mr. Zaitsev but I would like to ask you what compliler did you use? Because if it was made in Visual studio 2003 or earlier then I doubt that you'll manage to compile it in 2005/2008/2010 studio without a lot of tweaks.
For example:
for (i=0;i<num_pass;i++)
won't compile in new studio and will lead to a compiler error. But in 2003 Studio it will compile without error. To fix this error you should simply set variable type like this:
for (int i=0;i<num_pass;i++)
And this is only one of those problems (like templates hell etc)

Yep all the C++ coding I have experience with is later than 2003 so for me it needs to for (int ....)...

Could take us a while to change all of that though so we probably would be better trying to get the 2003 version

We have got the Storm Engine!!!!!

Congrats to all who made this possible - especially Akella

One thing this means is using DirectSail and go below deck while keeping on sailing. Or do whatever whereever. About that porting from 2003 to newer things, who cares modding the source means rewritting the whole thing :rolleyes: hehe. (carefully saying) leaving even Akele behind, :will.

cy
(having two eyes almost as big as my smile :woot right now)

Is there going to be a forum setup specifically for discussions on the source code? Or is there one already and I am just missing it? :shrug

Back