• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[WIP] New textures for the ships in CoAS

Fantastic paintings there CrisGer, thanks for sharing them mate! :onya

Craiggo, when this mod is ready for release, PM me all the info and I will gladly post it to the front page! I am really looking forward to the GOF Mod, you mates are really doing a fantastic job! :cheers

Fantastic paintings there CrisGer, thanks for sharing them mate! :onya

Craiggo, when this mod is ready for release, PM me all the info and I will gladly post it to the front page! I am really looking forward to the GOF Mod, you mates are really doing a fantastic job! :cheers

Sure thing mate!

Hear is more of my work.

NewSevenprovincienDeck-1.jpg

Pinnace111Deadeyesrope.jpg

TwoDecker1_47hull2.jpg

TwoDecker1_47hull3.jpg

NewTwoDecker1_47hull1.jpg

NewTwoDecker1_47Details.jpg

NewTwoDecker1_47Deck.jpg

TwoDecker1_47Riggingfix.jpg

NewIndiamanDeck.jpg

NewIndiamanHull1.jpg

NewIndiamanDetails.jpg

NewIndiamanHull2.jpg

NewIndiamanHull3.jpg

Remarkable work and a lot of historic accuracy to be seen on deck there. Interesting note about the ships boats on deck, before an action they were often pumped full of seawater to serve as a handy supply of water on deck for firefighitng purposes that may come up during an action. Good to see so much detail happening in this ships..and remarkable sim engine to run all of that dynamically. My compliments to the digital shipwright! :cheers

Thank mate!
par-ty.gif

Hear is a battleship I have been working on but is taking me forever do to the detail. See if you recognize her.

Battleshiphull1side.jpg

Battleshiphull1bow.jpg

NewBattleshiphull1.jpg

Looks like a smaller HMS Victory, only I believe that it's instead a 3rd or 4th rate Ship of the Line as opposed to a 104 1st Rate. Nice texture work indeed.

Also is that flag accurate for Britain? And can it be changed?

Thanks and upon my honer you mates are most prodigiously gracious.
bow.gif

I finished her other two textures.

NewBattleshiphull1D.jpg

NewBattleshiphull2B.jpg

NewBattleshiphull2C.jpg

NewBattleshiphull2D.jpg

NewBattleshiphull3B.jpg

NewBattleshiphull3D.jpg

NewBattleshiphull3C.jpg

Very nice work indeed and thanks for the welcome in.

I will gather some pictures, i have them from all eras but I am guessing you want them from the era from these games....., there are some replica ships that have been built and sailed but many of them contain some historic differences from the originals but there are excellent paintings and drawings to draw from and I also make studies using 3D digital models so when I can clear my "desk" a bit, i will stow some nice piccys here abouts. that new mod sounds quite interesting, i will keep a weather eye out for signals. :onya

here are a few teasers by one of my favorite naval artists: Geof Hunt:

Thank you much kind sir and the painting of the 2nd to last is now my lockscreen for my iPhone 4. Do you have them in higher resolution?

Also is that flag accurate for Britain? And can it be changed?

Sure is! That's the "first" flag used on English ships.
HMS_Sovereign_of_the_Seas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:moddingnglish_Red_Ensign_1620.svg

Now if you wish to change it to the "second" flag:
18th century flag mod
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:British-Red-Ensign-1707.svg

And the "third" flag:
19th century flag mod
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Civil_Ensign_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg

So we don't hijack this thread, feel free to create a new flag thread if you wish to continue the discussion.

That Batavia looks much more like the real thing. i am glad you changed the texture pattern to one that is not isibly repetitive, and have strengthened the colors, too. Less faded from the sunshine now.
But i am scratching my head on the subject of the "side galleries" on the rear. 3D vs "painted - on". wishing the Batavia had a higher stern and different Bow, like the real one.
Also... that last lower deck Cannon is stiicking right out of the "2D superstructure"?

i like how she looks now - a good rejuvenation cure.

Thanks for pointing that out mate. I'll fix her right away. I wish I could figure out Maya so I could add side galleys.
dunno.gif

Well, I could lend a hand if you want, but I'm only good with 3DS Max, I just need to find a converter to convert CoAS files to editable ones.

The "Batavia" hull never looked so good before Craiggo! :onya Nice work Mate. You've outdone yourself.

She's absolutely beautiful.

MK

Hey all. Good to see the site working. GoF is almost hear, In fact it is ready we are just trying to sort out how to get it to you all since Pirates Ahoy is having problems. Any day now I promise and the wait will be over. until then, check this out. I redid the Fast galleon since there is two identical ships in game and made the golden hind as well as two other hull types. I also made a cabin and see through windows for the Spanish battle galleon plus fixed the stock galleon and non have beeps anymore.
icon_wink.gif

Craiggo the more you work on these textures the better you are getting and this new ship texture which at first glance from the stern looked like the Battle Galleon which is based off a Pinnace i think or at least it looks like it is. Anyway this ship is just jaw dropping you have out done yourself this time and if tbis is your standard of texturing now then these ships will only look better and better not that your previous work wasn't good looking because none of the wasn't and we all said how much of a difference they have made to the feel of naval battles and when entering a harbour and a ship is parked up. I found my self looking at a few ships when testing GOF 1.0 out and even now in fact i still do it.

Thanks mate!
bow.gif
I feel the same way about how you have brought so much more realism to the navel battles that I can't even play the stock game anymore.
me.gif

Back