• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved World map crash

i think, my problem was, that i went too fast on the world map. Now i'm waiting 5-10 seconds and... i dont have a crash :p until now :D

Yay... another problem? :/

i playing the storyline of Bartolomeu, until now a mutiny was no problem, but at the moment, every time when i get into a mutiny, i can't get out of there. i tried to follow the steps in the FAQ (if i cant go to the next deck... etc...) but it didn't help.

Why are you getting so many mutinies in the first place?
I got a few while testing yesterday and they did seem a bit dodgy. Didn't get stuck like you describe though. :shock

i dont know...there was a bug i think, because they wanted 8-10k Gold from me. An much more food than they need. But, i will start the story again, it is no problem :p

Food? They only ever ask for rum. :confused:

The Morale System was working a bit oddly for the past many years. See here for my fix:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...and-leadership-skill.20484/page-4#post-454359

Were you playing with Salary Mode? If so, morale should only drop massively if you run out of food.
Or perhaps if you had a LOT of money and the crew got envious, but there is an on-screen message for that now.

Nope. If you NEED that fix, you'll know, because without it the game crashes as soon as it tries to show you the sea.

BTW: have you ever noticed that "Wait a sec captain while I get the chart out" message when you try to go to the worldmap too quickly?
I think those crashes could very well be the reason for that! Perhaps your computer's performance is just such that the 3 seconds are not enough?

Maybe.. i dont know. Yes, this message was often in my chat hehehe :wp

I will test it again today, after re install. IT was a little bit strange... because, yesterday evening i wanted to shore at a beach. But, how long i waited it crashes. What ever... i will test it today again. I think in ~20 Minutes. ;-)

But: thanks thanks thanks thanks for the help yet :onya Without you / this forum would i never make it.

Oh, a crash again ._. but at an island. Maybe there is something to find

Attachments

• compile.log
    24.5 KB · Views: 159
  • error.log
    91 bytes · Views: 148
  • system.log
    5.3 KB · Views: 161
i noticed that crashes doesnt create regulary a error.log (i have too few crashes now but the rare one i have they mostly never create error.log)

for me the graphic cards sound not good, most adapted for games in Nvidia are GTX, the second card you mentionned is worse than the Nvidia one

(try to type "Intel HD Graphic Family" in google, you will see that it makes much trouble with Nvidia cards)

I dont think that there's the problem, or? Far Cry 2/3, gta iv nd other games can i play normal without any problem. ( Yes, i know that they are different games...).
I know, that i played this game with mod... some months ago. And there wasn't any crash.

The mod did add a LOT. And I know there is a bit of a slow-down when the Daily Update is being calculated.
Perhaps it is a bit too much? That'd be more of a processor issue than GFX card, I think. :facepalm

That is on purpose, yes. We removed it because it causes a lot of trouble these days.
Instead, edit engine.ini in your main game folder manually with Notepad.
Set screen_x and screen_y to your desktop resolution. Recommend setting fullscreen to 0.
This makes the game run in windowed mode and allows you to Alt+Tab in and out.

Anything in your log files this time?
Or that is BEFORE installing the modpack? How did THAT go wrong???

Back