• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Medium Priority Worldmap Encounter Enhancement (V 1.32) Updated

Okey there seems to be two relation constands in the game and they are the other way around and I mixed them up.
This version should work.

Attachments

• Encounters_map.c
    12.6 KB · Views: 183
Err, you mean the other one doesn't work? That would explain flying the English flag and being chased by English ships, caught, but never being fired upon. That just happened.

yup the other one doesn't work. this one should work :).

Ah found another thing which could mess it up. There was a variable which checked if the ship was from the island or not. Now that is removed for follow ships.

Attachments

• Encounters_map.c
    12.4 KB · Views: 179
I guess this fixed it?

I just did the same test as before and never was stopped by Dutch or French ships, which I was friendly with.
However, I did get followed and stopped by Portuguese ones, which I am at war with. So that seems to match up nicely now. :onya

Also, I really like how this works in the short test that I did. Hardly any ships away from the islands and nation-correct ships closer to them.
Makes so much more sense! Definitely helps with the realism on the worldmap, I reckon. :woot

How was the merchant/militia Ration, enough of everything or to much merchants etc?

Also you will als notice that Island which are poorer or have less Population will have less ships around.

I only played for a few minutes, so can't really comment on that.

I can tell on the world map which islands are rich and which are poor by the number of ships around them. All but the French and Spanish are hostile so I am constantly being stopped but have the option to sail away.

I guess that is good. The escape rate is something I haven't touched. but it probally has something to do with the speed of your ship. If you are faster you can escape I believe.

The escape rate is something I haven't touched. but it probally has something to do with the speed of your ship. If you are faster you can escape I believe.
That is handled with the CalculateEncInfoData function in PROGRAM\MAXIMUS_functions.c .
Strangely enough, I see NO reference to the encountered ships at all.
Just seems to be randomized based purely on the player ship and skills.

Just a query on the new Moon Phases: Do we need those log messages while sailing around on the worldmap?
You see it visually in the game anyway. And it doesn't have a big impact on the gameplay. Not yet anyway. :wp

there is a switch in place to enable/disable them.
In calender.c set PRINT_MOON_STATE to 0 if you think that's better.

It should only show a message when the moonstate changes so thats about 5 times a month. I tought that wasn't that bad.

It should only show a message when the moonstate changes so thats about 5 times a month. I tought that wasn't that bad.
That's indeed what it does. Just wondering if people might be confused when they see it. Especially if it doesn't really change the gameplay much.
Perhaps we can link it to the LogsToggle and only show it on the highest level of that? Just to "clean things up", so to say?

Sure, go ahead. The code should be easy to mod. I build in that function because I wanted it to be able to disable I just hadn't tought about when etc

Right now this feature is not in the Beta 3.3 files, because there are virtually no more pirates on the worldmap with this.
If I recall, enemy ships chasing you also doesn't happen with the modified worldmap encounters.

Other than those two things, as far as I am aware it worked quite well.
Would it be possible to get those issues addressed so this can be returned to Beta 3.3?

Dont think i can modify this easy to tackle those problems. For 3.4 i will

I'd just like to mention that I am still hoping for a full return of this feature for Beta 3.5. ;)

Back