• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Beta 3 Release Trailer?

Well, ok.. my spacebar doesn't work with f9, would be good if it would work for the seabattles.. is it only because of the spacebar?

I just tested it myself, but the spacebar DOES work for me when the interface is hidden with F9.
Might be harder to know when you can or cannot fire though.

maybe it was something with my old laptop.. this thing did many strange things.. Anyway I will start to record a few scenes today, and I hope I have enough time the next week ;)

baahh.. stupid fraps.. as unregistered user you may only record 30 seconds.. and I don't want to spend 30 euros for this more or less useless thing^^
But I got a 1-2 nice captures from the trinity arriving at Cartagena and a Cartagena Downtown clip ;)
And, I couldn't resist to make a clip from the emerging dutchman joining a battle..:wp :D

EDIT: Can I get rid of the sounds when reaching a new level?

Are there no programs that DO allow you to do it properly for free? I thought there were....

The "Level Up" sound, you mean? Looks to be here in PROGRAM\Characters\CharacterUtilite.c:
Code:
int AddCharacterExpNS(ref _refCharacter,int _exp)
{
   //int tmpLangFileID = LanguageOpenFile("interface_strings.txt");
   if(_exp < 1) return 0;
   int retVal = false;
   //if(CheckCharacterPerk(_refCharacter,"SharedExperience")) _exp *= 1.25;
   if(LogsToggle && _exp > 10 * makeint(_refCharacter.rank) && _exp > 25 && !CheckAttribute(_refCharacter,"donotshowXP")) { Log_SetStringToLog(_refCharacter.name + " " + _refCharacter.lastname + " " + TranslateString("","Gained") + " " + makeint(_exp) + " " + XI_ConvertString("XP")); }
   if(!CheckAttribute(_refCharacter,"Experience")) _refCharacter.Experience = 1; // MAXIMUS 28.07.2006
   int curExp = sti(_refCharacter.Experience) + makeint(_exp);
   _refCharacter.Experience = curExp;
   int nextExp = CalculateExperienceFromRank(sti(_refCharacter.rank)+1);
   while(curExp>=nextExp)
   {
     _refCharacter.rank = sti(_refCharacter.rank) + 1;
     _refCharacter.Skill.FreeSkill = sti(_refCharacter.Skill.FreeSkill) + ADD_SKILLPOINTS_PERLEVEL; // TIH changed to user configurable setting Nov14'06
     if(CheckAttribute(_refCharacter,"perks.FreePoints"))
     {   _refCharacter.perks.FreePoints = sti(_refCharacter.perks.FreePoints) + 1;
     }
     else
     {   _refCharacter.perks.FreePoints = 1;
     }
     nextExp = CalculateExperienceFromRank(sti(_refCharacter.rank)+1);
     ResetHP(&_refCharacter); // NK 05-07-03 -
     /*float mhp = LAi_GetCharacterMaxHP(_refCharacter) + 5.0;
     if(CheckAttribute(_refCharacter,"officer")) mhp = LAi_GetCharacterMaxHP(_refCharacter) + makeint(11-GetDifficulty());
     LAi_SetHP(_refCharacter,LAi_GetCharacterHP(_refCharacter),mhp);*/
     if(CheckAttribute(_refCharacter,"quest.officerprice")) _refCharacter.quest.officerprice = sti(_refCharacter.quest.officerprice) + 200 * OPRICE_LEVEL_MULT;
     retVal = true;
     Log_SetStringToLog(_refCharacter.name + " " + _refCharacter.lastname + " " + TranslateString("","has gained a new level! (Now level") + " " + _refCharacter.rank + ")");
     PlayStereoSound("interface\new_level.wav"); ///////////////////////////// <-- THIS LINE <-- ///////////////////////////////////
   }
   if(retVal)
   {
     if(IsOfficer(_refCharacter) || IsCompanion(_refCharacter))
     {
       AddMsgToCharacter(_refCharacter,MSGICON_LEVELUP);
     }
   }
   return retVal;
   //LanguageCloseFile(tmpLangFileID);
}
Just put // in front of that line I marked and that should put an end to it.

My wife bought Fraps and could not get it to work well, but I talked her into installing it on this puter. Maybe I will have better luck with it.

well fraps really easy to understand.. but like I said, as free user only 30 secs.. and I found no free recording program... besides XFire, but that only works with games XFire recognizes... and surprise, XFire does not recognize PotC...

EDIT: Hylie, it would be wonderful if you could help with a few clips, I don't have that much time at the moment :)

this video.. is just awesome! I think I could lay the beta 3 trailor completely in your arms, you really have talent for that! I could assist you with a few clips, but I think the result is better if you overtake the trailer-project :yes
Well, he hasn't agreed yet. You could at least shoot various shots.
Different people shooting footage will make for improved variety anyway, showing the game in different ways.

So as said in other threads, I really want to release Beta 3 publicly next weekend.
And I'd really, really like to have a trailer to go with it because that will go a long way to promoting our hard work on this.

We've got several shots by Colosseum, the cinematic by Diperscitus and the videos that Pillat is working on too.
Is this enough to work with? How much footage do we have of specific Beta 3 new content?
What can we do to get this done?

So I am trying to make a foundation on which we can work on together.:cheers
Here is my first attempt on it:
Almost all of the clips in the video need to be replaced with clips with beta 3 content in them.
We also need a proper intro for the video (I'm able to make that).

I would like to hear your opinions on the video (and the music).
Is the tone of the video good? Do we need different music? Does the background need to change in the parts with de fly-by text? :onya :nogood

Ooh and is it possible to slow down the freecam so I can make some (slow moving) land shots? :oops:

That's really cool! I like the text you added inbetween. :woot

Couple of notes:

- You can find the game logo's in your RESOURCE\VIDEOS\common folder. Most important of course is the PiratesAhoyLogo.wmv one. ;)
But you can do like on the Beta 2 trailer and show all the logo's in quick succession.

- On the fly-by text, it might look more piratey with something of a parchment background. If that is possible.

- That music doesn't sound familiar, but does have the "epic trailer sound". Not sure if it also needs to be piratey though.
Some PotC film music could be both epic and piratey. Or something from Cutthroat Island. :love
I've got just about all seafaring film music I could get, so let me know if there's anything you'd like to give a try.

- I know that the land camera likes to slow down when you use time compression.
But I don't think that is very useful. I tried to influence the camera a while ago, but there's very little we can do with it, I'm afraid. :(

- There definitely needs to be some character-based shots as well: walking on land, swordfights, boardings, etc.
And shots of the Beta 3 content is very important, of course. Have you been able to get that yet, by any chance?

In any case, thanks a lot for working on this! :cheers

Looks like an excellent foundation to work from! :onya
Personally I quite like the music as it is, at least because it's not from PotC or any other well-known films. It's nice to keep it less mainstream, in my opinion.

- You can find the game logo's in your RESOURCE\VIDEOS\common folder. Most important of course is the PiratesAhoyLogo.wmv one. ;)
Isn't it about time we replaced that one? Our new logo is SO much clearer and more professional.
Of course, we have two variations now, for different backgrounds:
PA_logo_new2.png

PA-logo-light.png
Perhaps Diperscitus could have a go at making a short clip for the logo?

Awwww.... I like that introductory video. Literally starts the game with a BANG! :cheeky
But indeed the PiratesAhoy! logo could do with updating.

Sorry, I only meant the PA! logo clip. The New Horizons one is great as-is. :onya

If anyone is interested, I have now figured out how to use the new Companion Mutiny mod to deliberately stage battles between certain ships.
You just give the ship you want to fight to a companion and you can use the console to trigger a mutiny on that ship.
So if anyone could put that to good use for cool video material, let me know and I'll tell you how to do it. :doff

In the meantime, has anyone been having any luck on shooting some good stuff yet?
Just being curious. :)

Back