• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Beta 3 Release Trailer?

In the meantime, has anyone been having any luck on shooting some good stuff yet?
Just being curious. :)
I'm trying to get some good land shots but they are not easy to shoot. :p

I'd like to know how to use the console.
I know you said you can do very little to influence the camera but I just want to know this. Is it possible to disable the head bobbing for first person mode? :wp

Thank you in advance :doff

I'd like to know how to use the console.
Simply said, PROGRAM\console.c is a file where you can add code that is executed when you press F12.
If you run the game in windowed mode, you can Alt+Tab in and out, edit console.c and execute your changed code on the fly.
There are no limits to what you can do with this, ranging from cheats to tests to fixes.

Example:
Open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
   ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
   ref ch;
   int i;
   int limit;
Below this, add:
Code:
ch = GetCharacter(GetCompanionIndex(pchar, sti(1)));
SetMutineer(ch, true);
ShipMutiny();
When you press F12, your first companion will mutiny and turn hostile.

Other options:
Use switch(1) to use the Give Ship/Give Item/Teleport lines near the top of the file.
Remove the // in front of the lines you want to execute. You can change the variables to whatever you want.

Use switch(3) to automatically get a full set of officers and companion ships from the PotC films if you press F12 while in port.
Edit case 3: further to customize what you get.

If there is anything specific that you'd like to do, let me know and I can tell you what code to execute to make it happen.

I know you said you can do very little to influence the camera but I just want to know this. Is it possible to disable the head bobbing for first person mode? :wp
No way that I know, I'm afraid. I'd use Free Camera Mode for non-bobbing. :p

Simply said, PROGRAM\console.c is a file where you can add code that is executed when you press F12.
If you run the game in windowed mode, you can Alt+Tab in and out, edit console.c and execute your changed code on the fly.
There are no limits to what you can do with this, ranging from cheats to tests to fixes.
Thank you

No way that I know, I'm afraid. I'd use Free Camera Mode for non-bobbing. :p
Okay :)

Open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and set ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 at the bottom of the file.
Use Numpad 1-2-3 to select the character you want to apply the cheat to, then use Numpad 0 to switch on godmode.
You can use the same method to give them Level-Ups or change their reputation same as you can for the player. :doff

Open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and set ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 at the bottom of the file.
Use Numpad 1-2-3 to select the character you want to apply the cheat to, then use Numpad 0 to switch on godmode.
You can use the same method to give them Level-Ups or change their reputation same as you can for the player. :doff
Thank you! :bow

Ouch, that's not good. Get better soon! :onya

I'll probably wait until Sunday to make the public release anyway. So that's two more days.
Or otherwise it'll have to be a Post-Release trailer.

Hey Diper, I loved your foundation video, it honestly looked very professional.

I used your original video in the Beta 3 release article. That IS a pretty good video and shows off some of the cool things of the game very nicely.
Shame it isn't specific to Beta 3, but a Post-Release trailer at some point is still very much an option. :yes

Very glad to hear you're feeling better! :woot

Hiya mate,
Have you been having any luck with this lately?
I get the faint impression that our Beta 3 release sort-of slipped under the RADAR and I don't think it deserves that.
So a Post-Release trailer would help quite a bit to remind people of this one! :cheers

Hiya mate,
Have you been having any luck with this lately?
I get the faint impression that our Beta 3 release sort-of slipped under the RADAR and I don't think it deserves that.
So a Post-Release trailer would help quite a bit to remind people of this one! :cheers
Tomorrow is the trailer finished :thumbs1

Ooohhh..... NICE!

Might I ask about the content you've got in there? And the written text?
Perhaps I could think of a few suggestions still here and there?

Anyway, up to you! :onya

I don't want to rush the trailer so it will take some extra days to finish :(
Tomorrow I will upload the fly-by text with parchment background. I would like to hear what you guys think of it.

Here is the first version of the fly-by text ;)
It's maybe a bit too dark and the text isn't centered

Back