• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Beta 3 Release Trailer?

OQxZh57.jpg

I just created a new HD version of the Piratesahoy! bumper. It's just a simple inkbleed animation on parchment, but I figured it was time to do a little bit for you guys. ;)
The file doesn't contain any sound so feel free to put the Yo-ho-ho soundbite under it if you please.

However, it is a fairly big .mov file since it contains an alpha layer for the fade out inkbleed. I will upload the download link in 30 minutes when it's done uploading.

The Shotgun mode is a lot of fun to mess around with :rofl

The next version of the trailer is rendering. I will upload it as soon as possible.

I appreciate your offer but I think I don't need it. ;)
I've got a 560 GTX 2 GB. It's not super strong but I can play games with it :p

That is plenty strong enough! Set up a POTC profile and lay some AA & AF on it. 8X should do it.

I just created a new HD version of the Piratesahoy! bumper. It's just a simple inkbleed animation on parchment, but I figured it was time to do a little bit for you guys. ;)
Thanks very much, Thomas! That's much better. :cheers

@Diperscitus: The video looks much improved! Indeed a download link at the end would be great, though.
Would you mind uploading the intro video (NH and PA logos) by itself in WMV format? We could include that in the game itself.

I'm leaving today and I won't be back until Saturday the 26th. If you guys are happy with the trailer as it is now you can use it. Here is the download link (the video is with the 'Download the mod now at moddb.com/mods/new-horizons' at the end): http://www.mediafire.com/?9iwnz0z43d88m87
If you guys aren't happy with it and want some changes, I can work on it Sunday the 27th.

Thanks for the intro video! I'm not entirely sure what Pieter thinks of the latest version of the trailer, so I'd be inclined to wait for his opinion before publishing it.

Seeing some good stuff here! :onya

Will look more thoroughly next week when I'm back.

The montage in the trailer still looks very fast. Perhaps you could add some more video shots inbetween the various text "title cards"?
There are a bunch at the end of the video that would fit in during the montage, I think.
You can also put that Map Interface one back in addition to the new Actual Worldmap one.
Just some quick random thoughts.

Finally got round to viewing this properly and I'm well impressed. Very well-done once again, mate! :cheers

And thanks for redoing the ingame logo video too. That will go into the next modpack update for sure.

Couple of comments though:

- Should the trailer refer anywhere that it belongs to Beta 3? It doesn't say so at the moment.

- Perhaps you could move the "New Ships" title card to earlier and have all shots with ship names on them afterwards?
That way, you'd get a montage of new ships.

- I'd like to see the Map Interface return after the "Real Caribbean Map" title card, but keep the actual worldmap as well.
Perhaps even show the worldmap a bit longer. It is all so quick now! :shock

- "Your Residence" and the "Colony Capture" interface could go after the "Capture Colonies" title card.

- The San Felipe fortress can go after the "New Town: Cartagena" title card.

- Could you add some footage as well of the new customizable Select Storyline interface and add that after the "New Interfaces" title card?

I hope this is still possible. :doff

Tomorrow the next version of the trailer will be up. Each title card has twice as many time as before but I had to remove some title cards so I put the text in the right corner of the clips.

- Should the trailer refer anywhere that it belongs to Beta 3? It doesn't say so at the moment.
Added at the start of the video

- Perhaps you could move the "New Ships" title card to earlier and have all shots with ship names on them afterwards?
That way, you'd get a montage of new ships.
Tried that but the title card felt a little bit out of place :(.

- I'd like to see the Map Interface return after the "Real Caribbean Map" title card, but keep the actual worldmap as well.
Perhaps even show the worldmap a bit longer. It is all so quick now! :shock
Done

- "Your Residence" and the "Colony Capture" interface could go after the "Capture Colonies" title card.
Done

- Could you add some footage as well of the new customizable Select Storyline interface and add that after the "New Interfaces" title card?
I will do that tomorrow.

Back