• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10

Do we need to start a new game with this fix?

i`m afraid yes, this happens in my game right after fix3:

this is the blacksmith in nevis, first, i thought it was just an occasional bug, but then i realized that the problem wasn`t lying only there:

this is my avatar scared to death in nevis tavern, it happens every time i`m in.

here my avatar is even more scared than the wench in the tavern, and don`t miss to notice that my officer Bloom,on the left, is running throu my character with his bloodthirsty blade.

in the picture below, my avatar met clint eastwood, just one sentence and then he turns hostile.
when he`s a dead body i can loot him and gain the pump gun...so, the question is: that`s it? is it supposed to go in that way?there`s no quest with him? just a skirmisch?

I could but some fixes i sent to you in my fix3 patch are currently missing in your update :?
For example, your update do not contain the PROGRAM\CONTROLS\Controls.c where i fixed the lost profile bug when you modified your ship/character name !

Plus, my last adjustments in Save_load.c and ispyglass.c are not either included !
Woops dont know why they didnt update :modding

Will redo the link soon then
- I modified this one in fix3 : in realistic sailing, ship name is now shown under 300 yards by day and 150 yards by night :rolleyes:
Ok will put this in the list as well ;)

i`m afraid yes, this happens in my game right after fix3:

this is the blacksmith in nevis, first, i thought it was just an occasional bug, but then i realized that the problem wasn`t lying only there:

this is my avatar scared to death in nevis tavern, it happens every time i`m in.

here my avatar is even more scared than the wench in the tavern, and don`t miss to notice that my officer Bloom,on the left, is running throu my character with his bloodthirsty blade.
So with a new game all of these were fine then? :?
in the picture below, my avatar met clint eastwood, just one sentence and then he turns hostile.
when he`s a dead body i can loot him and gain the pump gun...so, the question is: that`s it? is it supposed to go in that way?there`s no quest with him? just a skirmisch?
This is an intentional easter egg :yes

LINK UPDATED FOR THE FIXED FIX 3 :woot
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14815-build-14-alpha-10/page__view__findpost__p__348634

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am looking to get back into playing the mod, and I was wondering which is more stable - alpha 9.5 patch 4 or alpha 10?

So with a new game all of these were fine then? :?

exactly, still testing thou.

can someone tell me if the original music is playing flawlessly in one`s game?
in mine there`s a continous "hic-cup", when opening a chest, looting corpses, during abordage, even when transferring money in some box or stopping a NPC for a chat.
can this lead to CTD sometimes?
when clicking on the world map icon from Direct sail, for example, the music can hang.
i`m testing the game with another Music pack and i have to say that there`s a certain difference in the way the music is played, it`s "smoother" i`d really say: in most situations the music plays nice. there`s something that changed this aspect between the B14 alpha 9 patch3 and the B14 alpha 10.
if i want to transfer 100.000 coins in my personal chest or 30 weapons out of 50, now it takes really a lot of time: previously i could do that in few seconds, the coins are moved into the chest at a rate of 1000 per 2 seconds and the music hangs again and again.
nobody`s got the same problem?

can someone tell me if the original music is playing flawlessly in one`s game?
in mine there`s a continous "hic-cup", when opening a chest, looting corpses, during abordage, even when transferring money in some box or stopping a NPC for a chat.
can this lead to CTD sometimes?
when clicking on the world map icon from Direct sail, for example, the music can hang.
i`m testing the game with another Music pack and i have to say that there`s a certain difference in the way the music is played, it`s "smoother" i`d really say: in most situations the music plays nice. there`s something that changed this aspect between the B14 alpha 9 patch3 and the B14 alpha 10.
if i want to transfer 100.000 coins in my personal chest or 30 weapons out of 50, now it takes really a lot of time: previously i could do that in few seconds, the coins are moved into the chest at a rate of 1000 per 2 seconds and the music hangs again and again.
nobody`s got the same problem?

I am using the standard default music - It stutters when moving things in and out of players inventory - to chests - looting corpses - exchanging with officers etc.

I also find the new interface much slower than the blue one ( on previous versions ) when transfering things in and out of inventory - it also stutters and the transfer is not as smooth as before ( tried using the Blue interface but that has slowed down as well ). Most noticable on transfering gold - this takes ages. :shrug

The most recent fix does not contain screwface's fix to the profile save problem! If was working fine before I added this most recent fix now it appears to be broken again. I am a little baffled about that could happen.

So the first fix 3 I uploaded worked but the next one doesnt :modding

Ill check the files again :modding

Win merge shows that Screwfaces fix 3 and my fix 3 are the same except for my added fixes :eek:k

Just wondering if you downloaded the reuploaded fix I posted yesterday or the original fix 3 that I posted?

Cause if it was the one I posted yesterday I will let Screwface know ;)

I downloaded this one

LINK UPDATED FOR THE FIXED FIX 3
http://forum.pirates...post__p__348634

Well,

I started a new game and lost my profile and was unable to reload it.
That's strange because i didn't change things in the profile/save system since the previous fixes :? The only fix i added about profile in fix3 is when you modify your ship/character name but this fix doesn't interact with the previous ones :shrug

Plus, if you say that you were unable to reload your profile even by profile button, i think that doesn't means your profile was lost but it simply doesn't exist :?
The reason could be as a profile existence becomes effective as soon as you made your first save game, so if you loose your profile before doing it, it's just like your profile doesn't exist and you can't reload it !

The first thing a player should do just after start a new game is a save ! It could also be useful to check if the profile has been created correctly :rolleyes:

For me, the mod works almost perfectly. The only problem i noticed happens when i go to the shipyard and upgrade my ship. The ship's don't change most of the times and when they do, the numbers become 0. Although this isn't a problem (i think), when i fire the cannons of my ship, many times not all the cannons fire. Why does that happen?

Hi All,
i hope to write in the rigth place.

I have a problem with Jack Sparrow, i start the quest and to the port gates I'm arrested by soldier ; he bring me to the Town Hall .
I speak with another soldier and when i finish, i can't move .

I have install

B14A10 Full
B14A10 Fix

Can you help Me??

Thanks

The cannons is a confirmed bug :modding

As for Jack Sparrow you will move automatically once the black woman runs out

Although this isn't a problem (i think), when i fire the cannons of my ship, many times not all the cannons fire. Why does that happen?
That's not necessary a bug. I think there are some reasons in game why cannons not all fire. You can have destroyed and lost cannons in your ship or if you haven't enough crew on your ship, i think some cannons won't fire either :?

So I take it that from the lack of people talking about the profile system is that it finally is fixed :cheeky

Well done Screwface :bow

Back