• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 9

Well I think I finally have a correct installation of Patch 4.

I love the random pirate flags, but I haven't found out how to choose my flag does anyone no.

I have encountered many people with goods to sell walking through the towns.

Also noted fast travel seems to work as before that is all locations are available at the begining.

3. The "alarm status" warning of hostiles on land seems to work as before that is it starts when you enter a space, not when someone draws a blade.

You can't actually select your own pirate or personal flag anywhere in the game;
the interface for that has yet to be made.
You can do it through code though by changing the following two lines:
Code:
	sl.(sn).start.Flags.Pirate = 3
sl.(sn).start.Flags.Personal = 2;
In the PROGRAM\Storyline\[Storyline].c files.
Here's some more information on flags: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14654-personal-flag/page__view__findpost__p__343658

Those traders in town are random; sometimes you could encounter many and sometimes not. :shrug

Fast Travel and alarm status are linked with the Realistic Mode (former Realistic Sailing Mode)
toggle in the Options menu. Turn that on, then start a new game and it should work the new way. :woot

Got it. Thanks Pieter.

Is there oftware I need to download to view the flags. In the file you pointed me to there in .tx which I think is a tga file.

You can view them with the TX Converter:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?app=downloads&showfile=22

hi
i just downloaded and installed the build 14
like all the new features but atm it is unplayable.

when ever ans where ever i am if i click to side step (hold down A or D) there is no sidestep animation and my caracter becomes gumby and can go threw anything ( walls, mountains ,boats ,everything) and sometimes i cant talk to ppl.
has anyone encounterd this problem?
i know when i installed alpha 9.5 it didnt decect all of the files

if anyone could help that would be great

i cant screenshot this game for some reson when i do it takes the picture of my desktop o_O

The original game didn't have sidestep at all. We added it, but were forced to do it as horizontal teleport.
We tried adding collision detection, but we didn't manage. If you consider it unplayable, don't press A or D.

What do you mean with "can't talk to people"? When does that happen?
Be sure to check the important notes in this thread's opening post;
especially the ones about changing the game options.

The original game didn't have sidestep at all. We added it, but were forced to do it as horizontal teleport.
We tried adding collision detection, but we didn't manage. If you consider it unplayable, don't press A or D.

What do you mean with "can't talk to people"? When does that happen?
Be sure to check the important notes in this thread's opening post;
especially the ones about changing the game options.

o opk i forgot that the original didnt have sidestep ill disable it
i think i couldnt talk to the starting guy in tha cabin is because i was sidestepping mabye. or it was just a glitch

another question how do you change the command button from enter to Q i have tried this it opens up the commands( talk , open chest) but i canot exicute them.

is it normal for the runbat to not find files?

you can change every button in the option menu (dont use it when your already playing!)

and yes, its normal that the runme bat cant find files

Heya; totally unrelated subject I know but when is the new shipyard system predicted to be released? Only It would be nice to have a rouh deadline for the descr's if thats possible as once done they will no doubt also need to be shortened etc...

just downloading patch 4 now-cant wait!
me.gif

Thanks, Skye

Screwface and me are working on fixing the Development Resources content for Build 14 Alpha 10.
The Save At Sea and Shipyard interfaces seem good now and will be released around the beginning of October.
I might release a test-version of the Alpha 10 WIP content prior to that; I reckon we could use some proper testing.

Screwface and me are working on fixing the Development Resources content for Build 14 Alpha 10.
The Save At Sea and Shipyard interfaces seem good now and will be released around the beginning of October.
I might release a test-version of the Alpha 10 WIP content prior to that; I reckon we could use some proper testing.

OK then Ill get as many done as I can in said time. ;) Are there many new ships in the alpha 10 WIP? I don't use it often but have noticed a few national variations in terms of ship models. Will these need to be included in the descriptions or are they the same stats as the generic models so no difference is necessary?;)

9.5 4 is working for me but the interface is screwed up (buttons everywhere lol) and a few major ctds when sailing. Is this just me? Ive tried doing a total reinstall but that didnt seem to work. Im using wip 10 alongside alpha 9 but this shouldnt make a differance should it?
mybad.gif
apart from this, a great patch! :)

Cheers, Skye

:gday

I have been playing patch 4 now for about three hours and let me say WOW! It looks great and plays great. The only problem I can report is the that if you are killed in the jungle on Bonaire and you are supposed to go the tavern to be restored that doesn't work (and it didn't work on Grenada in patch 3 either). The music plays and the game hangs so you have to revert to a save.

On other notes I notice that the ships have all been reclassified and that some warships frigates and light frigates for example are now available for purchase. Also when first arriveing in town the shipyard and merchant threw me out even though my rep was neutral and the country was not hostile to me. When I went back the next day everything was fine. Finding potential individual creww around town is a nice touch.

Oh and the flags are great and working great!

I will get into the main quest next.

Fabuolus job everyone! :cheers

Thanks for the report Jason :D

The Bonaire problem may be that the game doesnt know which place to load (pirate fort or town).

The ship classification to being Historical accurate has caused some problems which means that some code will need to be changed :modding

Another small problem is that when you try to buy ammo from the storekeeper in Port Royal the dialogue now kicks backe to the begining without any ammo transaction.

On the ships, I have been thinking that if you have a letter of marque you ought to be able to by a warship up to the light frigate or maybe a regular frigate in you national ports.

Don't get me wrong I don't know what you intended but I don't think the ship classifications as they are are a particular problem.

The only problem I can report is the that if you are killed in the jungle on Bonaire and you are supposed to go the tavern to be restored that doesn't work (and it didn't work on Grenada in patch 3 either). The music plays and the game hangs so you have to revert to a save.
Which jungle location is that?
I recall the Bonaire death report before, but when I tested it in town then, it was working fine.

On other notes I notice that the ships have all been reclassified and that some warships frigates and light frigates for example are now available for purchase.
You're absolutely right; we need to change the values for that mod. See here. :doff

Also when first arriveing in town the shipyard and merchant threw me out even though my rep was neutral and the country was not hostile to me. When I went back the next day everything was fine.
I notice that traders and shipyards will do no business with me if the flag I'm flying is hostile to their nation.
This doesn't make much sense, of course, considering that you can freely change your flag.

Finding potential individual creww around town is a nice touch.
You're playing with the "Crewmembers on Shore" mod then, right? I'm glad to hear that's still working.

Oh and the flags are great and working great!
Cheers, mate! I'm REALLY glad that is finally working!
The pennants on certain masts really look much better than ensigns everywhere.
And the flags being period-correct, there being a distinction between navy and merchant flags,
and the different pirate flags are a nice touch either.
Have you sailed around a shore recently? Noticed what happens to the water colour? :cheeky

Another small problem is that when you try to buy ammo from the storekeeper in Port Royal the dialogue now kicks backe to the begining without any ammo transaction.
That's in the standard storyline, right? I reckon we might be able to remove that feature.
It shoudn't really be necessary anymore with the simplified Ammo Mod that we have now.

Which jungle location is that?

It appears to be anywhere in the jungle. It does work in the town.

I notice that traders and shipyards will do no business with me if the flag I'm flying is hostile to their nation.

In this particular case the flag I was flying was not hostile to the merchants nation.

You're playing with the "Crewmembers on Shore" mod then, right? I'm glad to hear that's still working.

I thought this was just part of patch 4. I did not turn anything on that I am aware of.

Have you sailed around a shore recently? Noticed what happens to the water colour?

Yes and that is very cool.

That's in the standard storyline, right?

Yes

:onya

In case you people hadn't noticed it yet, be sure to have alook at the Build 14 Alpha 10 Work In Progress thread.

It appears to be anywhere in the jungle. It does work in the town.
Alright; will have to look into that then. Can you post it on the bug tracker please?

In this particular case the flag I was flying was not hostile to the merchants nation.
And your reputation was good too... that's pretty bizarre. :wacko:

I thought this was just part of patch 4. I did not turn anything on that I am aware of.
You enable this mod by talking to a crewmember on your ship's deck and tellng him you want some crewmembers to follow you ashore.
It's not a recent addition. :shrug

Yes and that is very cool.
I'm really happy with what Screwface managed with that. :woot

I recall you saying there is a to be a different system for larger ships as opposed to frigates etc. Can this be confirmed? I wotn do the descrs for those just yet ;)

Buttons screwed up? That's not supposed to happen! How did you install? :shock

OK then I think what I did was forget to reset everything before playing :rolleyes: . The amount of times Ive installed the mod there really isnt any xcuse for that is there :urgh

Cheers

Back