• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 9

hi i've just found out you can't go to frendly forts. i think it's pretty dumb cause if u want to atack a fort thats friendly you have to go there manualy.
a well i can still change flags for that and it gives some space
If you try and hoist an enemy flag it should update your fast travel to be the fort straight away ;)

We indeed disabled fast travel to friendly forts and hostile ports.
If you're friendly, what point is there going to the fort?
If you're hostile, what port is there going to the fort? You can't land anyway.
If you want to attack the fort, hoist a flag hostile to the fort and then you can go there at once.
It's just intended to prevent the Sail To menu from being fuller than necssary.

At the moment, you MUST have Random Relations on for the Changing Relations mod to work.
However, I'm changing that with the next patch, since the Random Relations mod is being removed.

i get your point and i didn't think it would update imidiatly after u change flags. thats wy i said it so nevermind :onya

another thing there is something wrong with silehard on the manowar. when he wants to surender i can't speak to him so i'm stuck. :shrug

i can't find his dialog either

PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\DIALOGS I think. I'm not sure how the case of him surrendering was ever handled.
Of course surrendering wasn't possible in the original game.
Maybe we should "pull a Norrington" and make sure that it'll work if he surrenders.

Pulling a Norrington should be the temp fix ;)

I don't think you should get the Manowar by just boarding it and talking to him on the deck... :facepalm

Option B is make it so he will NEVER surrender... :shrug

Would it be possible to have them always surrender after fighting your way through the decks? :?

How was it originally handled in Build 12.1 and Build 13? I recall you did end up 'capturing' Silehard and
having him as prisoner with you and being able to deliver him to the new governor to be put in jail.
But this wasn't a 'real' capture from the surrender and/or "speak with captain" mod, if I recall.
Maybe indeed we should just set that ship to never surrender; that'd be much easier than "pulling a Norrington".

wy was that feature actually removed?
and i didn't find any file i think could be the capturing dialog.
and can you tell me how to change how fast your crew drains when attacked cause i just can't win the battle with silehard or a fort because the crew is gone after 1 or two hits.

o and wat's pulling a norrington???

That was me and Pieter brainstorming sorry xD:

That IS the final battle (before the Pearl) of the game so it is expected to be hard ;)

As for the capture dialog I'm not surprised it was probably taken out along with the actual way it was handled... Ship surrender works so much better anyway (normally) ;)

Pulling a Norrington refers to the scene in Hoist the Colours: Tales of Jack Sparrow where you "commondeer" the HMS Interceptor and he will always surrender and say the same lines of dialog. This happens on the main deck so would remove all challange ;)

aa but silehard doesn't have dialog and already always surenders.
also i get it should be hard but i think it's to hard if al the crew is gone and u can only fire 1 cannon at a time.
i gues it's just me but i realy like to tune it a bit. so if u can say how i'd realy apreciate it. :bow

can u also tell me what those development recources are? are those incomplete mods for testing or something?
if it is something like that can u tel me where to download them?

aa but silehard doesn't have dialog and already always surenders.
also i get it should be hard but i think it's to hard if al the crew is gone and u can only fire 1 cannon at a time.
i gues it's just me but i realy like to tune it a bit. so if u can say how i'd realy apreciate it. :bow
I'm afraid to say I don't know how I managed to get "pulling a Norrington" when it came to get that working :rofl
can u also tell me what those development recources are? are those incomplete mods for testing or something?
if it is something like that can u tel me where to download them?
They are in the Build FTP BUT are only able to be used with Build Alpha 9.5 not any later patches :(

The really big mod in that is now working in patch 3 (different flag mod) and the other big one is a "save at sea" mod which I don't know how it is progressing to get it in the Alpha's :no

Also I'm NOT sure you can access the Build FTP it was available ONLY to people in the groups "modders", "moderators" and "admins" not sure if that has been changed though :shrug

sorry to but in, but the Black Pearl final battle in the STANDARD storyline is uncapturable, I go through 3 boarding decks, and on the fourth, there is no advancing to the next boarding level, only a never-endless limbo on the deck lol :modding and YES i did loot the coprses, the sword trick, etc. but theres no way of continuing

WHAT feature was removed? "Talk with captain" wasn't removed, nor was the surrender mod.
The usual surrendered captain dialog is PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Cabinfight_dialog.c .

As for the fight with Silehard's ship being hard, what ship do you have yourself?
Fighting a Manowar, you'll be needing a pretty big ship yourself. :shrug

The Development Resources contain some mods that will be added to the Alpha's at some point.
For now, one mod has been added, being the Different Flags Mod.
This has had several fixes included since then. You can install Build 14 Alpha 9.5 + Development Resources
if you want, but it won't give you a very stable game version.
Still worth it if you install on a COPY of your stable game version and want to see what we have in the works.
You can find the file here: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/Build%2014%20Alpha%2010%20WIP/development_resources.exe

Can anyone confirm that Black Pearl problem?

firs i got a ship like the manowar from the defend the fort quest but i couldn't board silehards ship so i got the wicked wench (made it so you could buy it). but then i got the issue that i couldn't speak to sileard so i tried to capture a bigger one but i couldn't find any.

Every crewmember in the boarding battle represents a certain amount of crew for the ship (the higher the hp the more crew represented).

So even if they DONT die it will still hurt your crew numbers to do boardings ;)

no no i didn't mean boarding i meant shooting with cannons if another ship fires the crew drains to fast nomatter which ship i've got. if the enemy ship is good it it happens.
only with the last couple of versions i have this problem. :shrug

Back