• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 9

You can have more than one officer ;)

Ah well seeing as I'm the quest editor for Jack Sparrow what do you think? :rofl

I think it lacks Captain Occide :shoot:

I know I can have more than an officer but Lucas and Captain Chevalle are not friend apparently :ko
Can you tell me where is the console, and where i must to put this line?

PROGRAM\console.c

What do you mean "they're not friend"?

When one of them is my officer, the other leaves me...
Jealousy...

I've add this line at the end of the console and when i've started the game there wasn't Captain Chevalle by me. What must I do to get him as officer?

Aren't they still in the Passengers interface???
There's a good chance that the one will replace the other,
but there's three officer positions open, so you can assign the disappeared one to another position.

Aren't they still in the Passengers interface???
There's a good chance that the one will replace the other,
but there's three officer positions open, so you can assign the disappeared one to another position.

No. There is just Lucas and Mr Gibbs in the passagers... :shrug
Do you know when the patch with the end of the Lucas's Quest?

By the end of Lucas quest do you mean the end of First Contact (Finding Elizabeth Shaw)? :?

Cause this is complete and will be released in patch 4 (like I have said many times on the forum)

I have even said it in this thread while helping you :shrug

Just finished up the build 14 alpha 9.5 patch 3 and have some notes that might help. All just to confirm but maybe you don't know? Anyways reinitialization does not work.

(spoiler)

-Did the manual Bridgetown / Greenford fort work around. After when you want to quick sail to a town it's name appears as #town instead of Port Royal or what not. (Any help on how to fix?)

-Changing the relations from stock potc to changing makes nations ally up. It turned really funny when everyone was allies with everyone, pirates as well. (advice, don't do this)

-Confirmation on boarding the gov's MOW at the end of the game. Makes it not do anything when you meet him. Only way to beat him is to sink. Boarding bugged. (Might just change the commander of that ship?)

-Confirmation on the black pearl boarding will halt after 4 decks. (maybe just add a MOW cabin for the pearl, code shouldn't be hard to add code).

-Confirmation No way to collect reward at the end of the game (plus the new gov looks french... After landing on rock shore finishing the love scene Danielle has the same lines followed with you saying "nag nag nag." (Allow her to be placed into officer stance would be nice)

Two questions though. In this version of the build is there anything better then the MOW. Possibly a Escalated MOW or Superior MOW? Also Black Pearl worth it to get?

(spoiler)
-Did the manual Bridgetown / Greenford fort work around. After when you want to quick sail to a town it's name appears as #town instead of Port Royal or what not. (Any help on how to fix?)
Um I didn't experience that (can someone else confirm?) :?
-Changing the relations from stock potc to changing makes nations ally up. It turned really funny when everyone was allies with everyone, pirates as well. (advice, don't do this)
Random relations is being remove in Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 4 ;)
-Confirmation on boarding the gov's MOW at the end of the game. Makes it not do anything when you meet him. Only way to beat him is to sink. Boarding bugged. (Might just change the commander of that ship?)
Making a commandeer of a ship (like Norrington) isnt as easy as it sounds, I would be likely to make the ship non-boardable and try and fix it propally instead of doing the work to get commandeering to work ;)
-Confirmation on the black pearl boarding will halt after 4 decks. (maybe just add a MOW cabin for the pearl, code shouldn't be hard to add code).
There is a Black Pearl specific cabin, I would rather see a more movie style cabin anyway, wouldnt you? :?
-Confirmation No way to collect reward at the end of the game (plus the new gov looks french... After landing on rock shore finishing the love scene Danielle has the same lines followed with you saying "nag nag nag." (Allow her to be placed into officer stance would be nice)
Also confirmed and noted... The governer is Governer Brin and if you play the Jack Sparrow storyline he features quite heavily in one of the "Jack's early days" storyline

As for Danielle I don't think I got this I'm pretty sure I got the proper dialog :facepalm
Two questions though. In this version of the build is there anything better then the MOW. Possibly a Escalated MOW or Superior MOW? Also Black Pearl worth it to get?
The Black Pearl is worth having just cause it is the Black Pearl xD:

Also different people perfer different ships, me myself enjoy faster ships over the big ships so I would say I would rather the BP. I think the MOW at end of game is highest value ship though

Um I didn't experience that (can someone else confirm?) :?
Was that with realistic sailing mode?

Random relations is being remove in Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 4 ;)
Actually RANDOM Relations is being removed, but not CHANGING Relations.
So you might still get that. But it'll be off by default. :shrug

Making a commandeer of a ship (like Norrington) isnt as easy as it sounds, I would be likely to make the ship non-boardable and try and fix it propally instead of doing the work to get commandeering to work ;)
Didn't boarding that ship work fine at some point in the past?

There is a Black Pearl specific cabin, I would rather see a more movie style cabin anyway, wouldnt you? :?
I don't think the cabin should be the problem.

Also confirmed and noted... The governer is Governer Brin and if you play the Jack Sparrow storyline he features quite heavily in one of the "Jack's early days" storyline
The governor looks French? :rofl
He's actually the British governor from the original Sea Dogs. :cheeky

The Black Pearl is worth having just cause it is the Black Pearl xD:
The Manowar is the biggest platform of cannons in the game, until in the later periods, the Endeavour-type Manowars show up.

Endeavour? Will look into that.

And with Danielle, whats the "proper" Dialogue? Is it love scene then the nag nag nag? or can she become a "normal" officer.

Thanks for the quick replies. Hope this all helps.

edit: Ahh I replied to some of what you wrote but it's gone... Yes it is realistic sailing mode in advanced options and for the pearl i believe build 13 had it working.

:modding :modding :modding :modding :modding :modding :modding :modding :modding :modding :modding :modding :modding :modding :modding

I have a problem again...
I'm playing the Sri Sumbhajee Angria Quest.
I talked to Sri Sumbahjee and to Askay, I talked to Prison's Commandant and when i go to the port, Jack talk himself but he says "Lets free Padre Dominguo" and there is 2 option for answer: "Let's go, the cells are right" or "It's not the time" (I don't remeber exactly the dialogs but it's virtually this.

Normally he must says something else and then he's transported on the Ship no?

What's the problem? Sniff...

Indeed you CAN take Danielle as officers after the whole Black Pearl debacle is over.
That was added many modpack versions ago; somewhere in Build 11 or Build 12 or so.
It appears that it's bugged, but the functionality IS there somewhere. :yes

For the Sumbhajee issue, I think I might know what's wrong.
Might I assume you have already completed the Sao Feng sidequest?
If so, I probably know why this happens.
In PROGRAM\Storyline\LegendJackSparrow\dialogs\blaze_dialog.c:
Code:
		if (GetAttribute(characterFromID("Sumbhajee Aid1"), "quest.Sumbhajee") != "" && GetAttribute(characterFromID("Sumbhajee Aid1"), "quest.Sumbhajee") != "help_denied" && pchar.location == "Cuba_port")
{
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[40];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[41];
link.l1.go = "to_the_ship";
link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[42];
link.l2.go = "not_to_the_ship";
}
if (GetAttribute(characterFromID("Sumbhajee Aid1"), "quest.Sumbhajee") == "bad_complete" || GetAttribute(characterFromID("Sumbhajee Aid1"), "quest.Sumbhajee") == "good")
{
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[43];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[44];
link.l1.go = "exit";
AddDialogExitQuest("Pusasn_in_the_ship");
}
if (CheckQuestAttribute("ANIMISTS", "letter_to_father_bernard"))
{
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[45];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[46];
link.l1.go = "exit";
AddDialogExitQuest("to_the_muelle_church_with_letter2");
}
if (CheckQuestAttribute("ANIMISTS", "completed"))
{
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[251];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[252];
link.l1.go = "exit";
}
Probably the "to_the_ship" if-statement IS returning true and setting up the correct dialog,
but then if (CheckQuestAttribute("ANIMISTS", "completed")) ALSO returns true, overriding the correct text with the wrong.
To check if this theory is complete, change this code to this:
Code:
		if (GetAttribute(characterFromID("Sumbhajee Aid1"), "quest.Sumbhajee") != "" && GetAttribute(characterFromID("Sumbhajee Aid1"), "quest.Sumbhajee") != "help_denied" && pchar.location == "Cuba_port")
{
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[40];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[41];
link.l1.go = "to_the_ship";
link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[42];
link.l2.go = "not_to_the_ship";
}
if (GetAttribute(characterFromID("Sumbhajee Aid1"), "quest.Sumbhajee") == "bad_complete" || GetAttribute(characterFromID("Sumbhajee Aid1"), "quest.Sumbhajee") == "good")
{
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[43];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[44];
link.l1.go = "exit";
AddDialogExitQuest("Pusasn_in_the_ship");
}
if (CheckQuestAttribute("ANIMISTS", "letter_to_father_bernard"))
{
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[45];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[46];
link.l1.go = "exit";
AddDialogExitQuest("to_the_muelle_church_with_letter2");
}
/*if (CheckQuestAttribute("ANIMISTS", "completed"))
{
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[251];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[252];
link.l1.go = "exit";
}*/
Save the file, reload your savegame, then try again.
If it does work then, please let me know here to confirm that is indeed the problem.
If so, we'll need to come up with a PROPER fix, rather than this workaround. :doff

Thanks for confirming; we found the problem then.
Now we need to think how to fix this properly. :rolleyes:

What I did to fix Silehard is just:
- First: made him guardian type
- Second: moved the Brin line to when you encounter ship which makes Brin governer instead of Silehard.
This seems to have made it work

As for the dialog I think having them all as cases instead of if statements is the way to go.

So define in the quest_reaction.c or both_reaction.c the currentnode... what say you? :D

What I did to fix Silehard is just:
- First: made him guardian type
- Second: moved the Brin line to when you encounter ship which makes Brin governer instead of Silehard.
This seems to have made it work

As for the dialog I think having them all as cases instead of if statements is the way to go.

So define in the quest_reaction.c or both_reaction.c the currentnode... what say you? :D

anyway for us to get that code to put in ourselves? use to dig alot into potc but not sure where everything is now.

NOT THE DIALOGS!!! As you are not to sure about the code I wouldn't suggest that as that is going to take a lot of work (that I will probably end up doing for me)

As for the Silehard I guess I can post the code ;)

Find these lines of code:
Code:
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("John Clifford Brin"), "redmond_residence", "goto8"); // NK
Towns[GetTownIndex("Redmond")].gov = "John Clifford Brin"; // KK
Cut these and paste them with in this case: case "Story_VoyageToKhaelRoaBegan":
You will need to add this line as well
Code:
LAi_SetGuardianType(characterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"));

Now it should look like this in that case
Code:
case "Story_VoyageToKhaelRoaBegan":
LAi_LocationMonstersGen(&Locations[FindLocation("Labirint_1")], true);
LAi_LocationMonstersGen(&Locations[FindLocation("Labirint_2")], true);
LAi_LocationMonstersGen(&Locations[FindLocation("Labirint_3")], true);
LAi_LocationMonstersGen(&Locations[FindLocation("Treasure_Alcove")], true);

Islands[7].model = "KhaelRoa1";
Islands[7].filespath.models = "islands\KhaelRoa1";
Islands[7].refl_model = "KhaelRoa1_refl";

SetQuestHeader("Sail_to_KhaelRoa");
AddQuestRecord("Sail_to_KhaelRoa", 1);
// NK -->
//Log_SetStringToLog("done");
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"), "none", "");
SetRumourState("Silehard_nasty", false);
Locations[FindLocation("Redmond_Town_01")].reload.l13.disable = 0;
// NK <--
characters[GetCharacterIndex("Robert Christopher Silehard")].rank = makeint(pchar.rank) - 4;
LAi_SetGuardianType(characterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"));
ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("John Clifford Brin"), "redmond_residence", "goto8"); // NK
Towns[GetTownIndex("Redmond")].gov = "John Clifford Brin"; // KK
// PS gen chars and ships-->
SetUpShip(characterFromID("Isenbrandt Jurcksen"), "war", true);
SetUpShip(characterFromID("Brian The Slayer"), "war", true);
//SetUpShip(characterFromID("James Paige"), "war", true);
// KK -->
SetUpShip(characterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"), "war", true);
SetUpShip(characterFromID("Thomas Norton"), "war", true);

GiveItem2Character(characterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"), "blade25+1");
EquipCharacterByItem(characterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"), "blade25+1");
GiveItem2Character(characterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"), "pistol5+2");
EquipCharacterByItem(characterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"), "pistol5+2");
// <-- KK

// (superhigh numbers to make sure crew at max)
SetCrewQuantity(characterFromID("Isenbrandt Jurcksen"), 4000);
SetCrewQuantity(characterFromID("Brian The Slayer"), 4500);
SetCrewQuantity(characterFromID("Robert Christopher Silehard"), 9500);
SetCrewQuantity(characterFromID("Thomas Norton"), 1600);
// PS <--

Group_AddCharacter("Story_Pirate_Squadron", "Isenbrandt Jurcksen");
Group_AddCharacter("Story_Pirate_Squadron", "Brian The Slayer");
Group_AddCharacter("Story_Pirate_Squadron", "Robert Christopher Silehard");
Group_AddCharacter("Story_Pirate_Squadron", "Thomas Norton");

Group_SetGroupCommander("Story_Pirate_Squadron", "Isenbrandt Jurcksen");
Group_SetTaskAttack("Story_Pirate_Squadron", PLAYER_GROUP);
Group_SetAddress("Story_Pirate_Squadron", "KhaelRoa", "Quest_ships", "Quest_Ship_4");

Pchar.quest.Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l1 = "NPC_Death";
Pchar.quest.Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l1.character = "Isenbrandt Jurcksen";
Pchar.quest.Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l2 = "NPC_Death";
Pchar.quest.Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l2.character = "Brian The Slayer";
Pchar.quest.Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l3 = "NPC_Death";
Pchar.quest.Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l3.character = "Thomas Norton";
Pchar.quest.Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l4 = "NPC_Death";
Pchar.quest.Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l4.character = "Robert Christopher Silehard";
// KK -->
pchar.quest.Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l5 = "location";
pchar.quest.Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l5.location = "KhaelRoa";
// <-- KK
Pchar.quest.Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa.win_condition = "Story_SinkPiratesAtKhaelRoa";

Pchar.quest.Story_AppearAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l1 = "location";
Pchar.quest.Story_AppearAtKhaelRoa.win_condition.l1.location = "KhaelRoa";
Pchar.quest.Story_AppearAtKhaelRoa.win_condition = "Story_AppearAtKhaelRoa";

Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Danielle")].Dialog.CurrentNode = "ReadyForKhaelRoa";
break;

Back