• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 9

Welcome back, Jason! It's always nice to see you on here. :doff
I'm looking forward to some serious feedback on Patch 4 content. :cheeky

I notice that on the smaller ships Nathanial's flags are carried fore and aft but the pennants are Sparrow's. Shouldn't the penants be the same as the flag. Also I noticed that Nathaniel's flag changed from the red and white modern hawk to the Polish eagle between when the mod was put in patch three. Is there some way I could get the other one back?
That should be solved now; Thomas finished his work on the personal flags. :yes

Great! I am really looking forward to this version. I will try to get to it this week. I am on my way to Alaska this week to work.

Yeah in Anchorage. I just tried to intall the patch. I got no runmebatch file and then I got the runtime error when I tried to start the game.

The RunMe.bat file wasn't there? It definitely should be in there!
I had tested the installation process... it should work completely as intended. :wacko:

i just installed b14a9.5 patch 4, and im doing the devlin opera story, and well....what??????

uhhhh what.JPG

also, i cant talk to either of them

error log is also attatched, there seems to be quite a few?

oh yeah, if it helps, i got caught pickpocketing when i first entered grand turk, and killed the whole village

Attachments

• error.log
    29.6 KB · Views: 85
Ah! The undesired side-effect of finally giving Turks a REAL governor. We'll have that fixed in the next version.
In the meantime, execute ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Dante Siciliano"), "none", "", "");
through console to get rig of "the other guy". Open PROGRAM\console.c and add this:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;

ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Dante Siciliano"), "none", "", ""); // add this
Then load your savegame, press F12 and you should be able to talk to... me. :wacko:

Hi guys...
I'm new here...

I played this game 4 year before without any patch or something like that...

It was very diffucult to complete this game cuz I couldn't find Raul Rheims in many days. :D

After many years , I wanted to play ıt again but , I can't find this game's CD in my country.
So thanks everyone for this game..

Try searching on the internet for the CDs? I'd be VERY surprised if an ordinary store would still sell it somewhere.

Hi guys...
I'm new here...

I played this game 4 year before without any patch or something like that...

It was very diffucult to complete this game cuz I couldn't find Raul Rheims in many days. :D

After many years , I wanted to play ıt again but , I can't find this game's CD in my country.
So thanks everyone for this game..

Try http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0000AHOA3/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
there are some that offer international shipping if you live outside the UK

I could not find CD's at store's....
But with this forum , ı found ıt...
I'm very happy to play again this game after many years...

Oh it was a good game to begin with but the Build Mod makes it so much BETTER :cheeky

I'm really happy with some of the stuff we are managing to get done at the moment :D

Seconded. DirectSail, Different Flags, Save At Sea, Upgrade and Repaint Ship?
Those are just some of our most recent thought-to-be-impossible achievements. :cheeky

I have a problem with a sidequest (in build 14 alpha 9.5 patch 3) and need help:
I met a lady who told me the location of a hidden treasure (I had to pay money for this). I have found the treasure on Barbados (= Oxbay), I walk over it and a treasure icon apears in the upper left corner of the screen but disapears right away so I never have the time to press enter and pick it up. I tried several times but I'm just not fast enough.
Is this a flaw in the game and can I do anything about it?
thanks

Ahoy Pieter,

I got patch 4 installed and when I tried to go the Cayman Port I got the black screen and nothing further. I think this problem was in 3.5 and someone had a fix. Did That not make it to patch 4?

Works fine for me matey (and it was my fix) ;)

Wonder why it doesnt work for you :modding

Ahoy Cap'n,

I have tried it twice and it hangs both times. Could point me to or repost the fix and I will try to put it in manually and see what happens.

Thanks

And the solution I found and installed your original fix and everything worked fine. That suggests to me that that particular fix was not in patch 4.

That's pretty bizarre. I'm pretty sure the fix IS in the download.
I just checked my Alpha 9.5 Patch 4 installation and there it works too. :wacko:

Back