• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Something is seriously wrong with this forum. I was just in the bug tracker forum and wanted to reply to shwashingbuckler, but could not. Something is broken in the software. :rumgone

This thread still works......sort of.

Keith has been working on the forum, fixing and improving some things here or there.
If you still have issues, post them on the Website bugs subforum.

um i just started potc and now my my 3.1 saves are incompatible.:modding
See below:
Go to PROGRAM/globals.c and find:
Code:
#define IS_SGV					14.869					// must be a float
Change the 14.869 to 14.868
That should do it. :yes

sometimes you can't run or change things on c.
dunno why.
the only solution i know to this is to switch to super admin.
Surely you need only install outside of C:\Program Files? That should allow access to the files. :?

no i mean c entirely if u have win 7 trie to turn read only of on for example users or programfiles or try to edit a .ini file it won't work.
i thought it might have something to do with this issue.

no i mean c entirely if u have win 7 trie to turn read only of on for example users or programfiles or try to edit a .ini file it won't work.
Hm, that's bizarre. I guess Windows 7 is even more security-crazy than Vista.
Personally I use Vista, so I just assumed the same advice of installing outside C:\Program Files would apply to Win 7 as well.
I'd ask Pieter about this; he's using Win 7 (correct me if I'm wrong) AND modifying files successfully.

Hm, that's bizarre. I guess Windows 7 is even more security-crazy than Vista.
Personally I use Vista, so I just assumed the same advice of installing outside C:\Program Files would apply to Win 7 as well.
I'd ask Pieter about this; he's using Win 7 (correct me if I'm wrong) AND modifying files successfully.

i don't realy have a problem i use the super admin and everyting works fine:onya

Keith has been working on the forum, fixing and improving some things here or there.
If you still have issues, post them on the Website bugs subforum.

Where is this Website bugs subforum? If it is the Bugtracker at the top of the page between News and Downloads, then that is precisely where I can not post. But since others are posting there it must just be a personal problem. :rumgone

I've got my game installed in C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean on Windows 7 and that allows me to whatever I want.
However, I'm sure if I'd put it in Program Files, I'd get stupid security measures as well.

Talking about insane Windows 7 security measures, it INSISTS on applying the Program Files security measures... TO MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE!!! :shock

Yep I have Win 7 Ultimate as well, as long as it isnt in PROGRAM FILES the files are editable and that means the mod will work :yes

Yep I have Win 7 Ultimate as well, as long as it isnt in PROGRAM FILES the files are editable and that means the mod will work :yes

i actually haven't tried to edit anything uit of program files but i tried to switch read only of on c users and that didnt seem to work either. now however i tried it again and it did work.
i however reinstalled windows so that might be it. hoever now when i switch read only of it switches on again immediately. :shrug

A flurry of CTDs betwee map and sea or shore and ship are making the game unplayable

Ouch! In your compile.log, are you seeing a lot of this message?

Group_FindOrCreateGroup sGroupID = egroup__3, can't create group
All slots in AIGroups are used, need to resize array!!!
Group_FindOrCreateGroup sGroupID = egroup__3, can't create group
All slots in AIGroups are used, need to resize array!!!

I get this for egroup__1,2,&3 a lot when I'm about to lose an island due to ctd every time I go there. I don't know what it means except that something bad is happening.

AGH! And we've run out of rocket scientists. :modding
Can you confirm you get those messages if you DO have a CTD, but NOT when the game is running properly?
If so, please post it on the Bug Tracker.

For me, those messages are cumulative. When I start fresh there are none of those messages. Over time (days and weeks)they begin to show up. First just a few, then a few dozen, and finally a few hundred. Sometimes there is a phase before the island starts ctding where 20 or more hostile ships go after you when you go there. I've been playing the current game since B14 P3.1 came out and while that message is common I don't think I've lost an island yet. I don't know if this is Jason's issue or not.

Now, that I have installed patch 3.1 and replaced patch 3, none of my savegames (standard questline) are working now. I did everything, which were recommended (changed global.c , used rename.exe) here and I have taken care of program files issues (I can read forum articles very well). Everytime I try to load my incompatible saves, my game crashes, neither I had time to hit F11 for re-init. I tried to start a new game, re-init and THEN load my saves - but no chance, still the same crash. I even re-installed my game to install Build 14 beta and patch 3.1. Neither that worked. Im using x64 Windows Vista and never had issues loading my saves from PotC till I installed that goddamn patch 3.1.

All I can say is: All my efforts I've done so far, were just for nothing.

Are you having issues loading your pre-Patch 3.1 saves?
Or are you having issues loading your Patch 3.1 saves as well?
Although I think that Patch 1 saves should work in Patch 2 and Patch 3/3.1, I'm not sure this will be always the case.
If you cannot use your earlier saves, I'm afraid you have to start a new game OR reinstall the last version where your saves DID still work.

To use B14-A1-P3 save games in B14-A1=P3.1 you have to doubel clik on the save game and then clik yes.

To use B14-A1-P3 save games in B14-A1=P3.1 you have to doubel clik on the save game and then clik yes.
I'm not stupid I did that but the game still crashed. I tried all alternatives, all possibilities to load, even tried it with old saves with different locations.

Pieter Boelen

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:42 PM
Are you having issues loading your pre-Patch 3.1 saves?
Or are you having issues loading your Patch 3.1 saves as well?
Although I think that Patch 1 saves should work in Patch 2 and Patch 3/3.1, I'm not sure this will be always the case.
If you cannot use your earlier saves, I'm afraid you have to start a new game OR reinstall the last version where your saves DID still work.

I'm having issues loading my pre-Patch 3.1 saves which are from Patch 3. Before you responded, I had re-installed my game, tried it again with Patch 3 and hadn't worked. Now it isn't working with any builds.
Please remember that I'm just talking about my old saves. New game and it's current saves work fine - doesn't help me any further to solve my problem though. Please do not respond this message as the only solution is to start a new game and start over again. Simple but takes time...problem is cleared.

Finally got around to installing Beta 1 with its patch. Looks pretty good and stable so far. :yes Just been playing the standard storyline, but haven't run across the crazy bouncin' jaggy polygons of doom I was getting during sea battles with the last Alpha.

I decided to enable ENB upon install, and boy, it sure makes a difference! :onya Old PoTC doesn't look quite so old anymore! Funny thing is, I did a separate install without ENB to see if there was any performance increase, but low and behold, PoTC with ENB runs better! xD:

The only odd thing I've noticed is that the shopkeepers seem to all have short-term memory loss - they always greet me like we've never met before. Oh, and a talking house - is that normal? :rofl

Edit: Scratch that - the game just ate my most recent saved game files. One odd thing I'd noticed before shutting the game down was, after Nigel Blythe joined up with me, he wasn't shown in those squares showing which companions you've got with you.

The squares showing your companions have been changed to show not your officers following you ashore, but your officers commanding other ships.

I like PotC with ENB. It's running pretty smooth for me too and while the difference isn't earth-shattering, it does look nicer.

The game ATE your savegame? Very strange. Are you sure it didn't save without a profile name instead?

A talking house normal? What house do you mean? Might be a BuildingSet one, though there would be a character that the house is attached to... :?

It seems you're absolutely right about those store owners. Can you post that one on the Bug Tracker please?

Back