• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

Is that triggered through dialog with Clint Eastwood?
I do remember merging two copies of his dialog file, so perhaps that is the reason.
Will need checking. That is indeed the sort of crazy thing I would expect after all my changes.

Another problem. Cannons wont fire in a proper way, one broadside ore two, then you cant
fire no more.

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.9 KB · Views: 165
  • error.log
    268 bytes · Views: 156
  • system.log
    2.4 KB · Views: 181
You are not the only one to run into this problem. Try this and see if it helps.

It goes in POTC-->program--->SEA_AI

Attachments

• AIShip.c
    215.7 KB · Views: 182
So I posted these pretty big changes 4 days ago. Any feedback yet? I would have expected more stuff to be broken than just the Eastwood thing. :wp

Playing Nelson first Command. When I go to Clint Eastwoods house , the game brings me to
the HTC storyline, Brocks line.
Extract this to PROGRAM\DIALOGS to fix. The game was looking for a Jack Sparrow storyline character that didn't exist outside that story and got all confused in the process. :facepalm

Attachments

• Clint Eastwood_dialog.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 170
Do at least try to "break" the current system. Refer to the Change Log and see which of those do not work as intended/as you would like to see.
Of course more needs to be added to truly make things navy-like, but this is a start, not an end.
Challenge accepted: mission accomplished. xD

Hornblower once again finds a way to hire officers. You talk to the officer, who asks if you need a new officer, and you automatically reply that you have enough officers. Then you talk to the officer again, who asks if you have changed your mind, and now you can hire him. This works for the random officer at a table in the tavern, the specific officer from the tavern keeper, or a random civilian who does not often encounter such a respectable person.

There's a blank line in the tavern dialog:
tavern.jpg
It's an actual dialog line and leads to the tavern news. It does not seem to break the rest of the dialog, though; the line asking about gossip also leads to tavern news as it should, and the line asking for a specific officer also works - see above.

Captain Pellew is awesome, and he's yours to command during the battle against the Temeraire. He has most if not all skills at level 9, and he's in your passenger list so you can assign him to whichever role you want boosted, though he's lacking in perks. Unfortunately he later realises that he's supposed to be commanding you and is no longer in your passenger list. xD

Last edited:
Hornblower once again finds a way to hire officers. You talk to the officer, who asks if you need a new officer, and you automatically reply that you have enough officers. Then you talk to the officer again, who asks if you have changed your mind, and now you can hire him. This works for the random officer at a table in the tavern, the specific officer from the tavern keeper, or a random civilian who does not often encounter such a respectable person.
Nice one! Should not be too hard to fix; just some more if-statements required.

It's an actual dialog line and leads to the tavern news. It does not seem to break the rest of the dialog, though; the line asking about gossip also leads to tavern news as it should, and the line asking for a specific officer also works - see above.
I imagine that extra line only applies to that specific tavern, right? Not all of them?
Must have failed to remove the tavern news from that particular dialog.c file; should be easily fixed.

Captain Pellew is awesome, and he's yours to command during the battle against the Temeraire. He has most if not all skills at level 9, and he's in your passenger list so you can assign him to whichever role you want boosted, though he's lacking in perks. Unfortunately he later realises that he's supposed to be commanding you and is no longer in your passenger list. xD
LOL! Indeed convincing the game that you are NOT in charge of the ship isn't really all that simple. :rofl

I imagine that extra line only applies to that specific tavern, right? Not all of them?
Must have failed to remove the tavern news from that particular dialog.c file; should be easily fixed.
I'm not sure about others. It definitely happened at Bridgetown.

I'm not sure about others. It definitely happened at Bridgetown.
Can you keep an eye on it while playing?
It definitely didn't happen at the Jamaica one, which is where I think I was doing my testing. Or it was Speightstown; maybe even both.
Anyway, I didn't check Bridgetown yet (will do that tonight), so perhaps that is indeed wrong.

You're still on the Hornblower story, right?

Yep, confirmed and fixed. Looks like Simon Hanpool is the only character that was still a bit wrong there.

Indeed I had missed some statements that were prevented earlier.
Rectified it on my game version already and also added some additional checks so you should now REALLY not be able to hire officers until the storyline completes.

Last edited:
Sidequest: Find Angelique Moulins Father, wrong dialog when you find the place
where the sword is hided . Look at the att. picture. you wont have the sword.seadogs2_0004.jpg

Last edited:
Just started testing BFF, right off the bat you get the Malcolm Hatcher dialogue in the cabin.

Hello I have a question, after install b14_b3-5_wip26Feb2015 I star a new game and can`t used the shipyard, I talk whit the guy and after tell him let me see what you... the screm whit the repair and buy ship dont`s show.
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_boarding.c; line: 1640
Using reference variable without initializing
uninitialized function argument
function 'LAi_SetFightMode' stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_boarding.c; line: 1641
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_boarding.c; line: 1641
COMPILE ERROR - file: interface\shipyard.c; line: 1991
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
missed ')'
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
missed ')'
RUNTIME ERROR - file: dialogs\Enc_Officer_dialog.c; line: 29
Invalid range
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
Invalid Expression
missed ')'

Just started testing BFF, right off the bat you get the Malcolm Hatcher dialogue in the cabin.
You're absolutely right. Simple solution: Copy PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Malcolm Hatcher_dialog.c to PROGRAM\Storyline\BraveBlackFlag\DIALOGS .
Apparently the game doesn't read a .h file from the storyline folder when there isn't a .c file to go with it.
Shame, that; I'll have to see if that can be rectified, because it would save a lot of unnecessary copies of files.
Thanks for catching that one! :cheers

Back