• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

They talk like they have already been hired? Perhaps I need to add an extra CurrentNode line for that.
Perhaps that can happen after a while because unused characters are recycled.

Do you have a screenshot of that? There's probably a typo in the item description.
They talk like they have already been hired? Perhaps I need to add an extra CurrentNode line for that.
Perhaps that can happen after a while because unused characters are recycled.

Do you have a screenshot of that? There's probably a typo in the item description.

Yes, but the file is too big even zipped. It looks like the destination was left out.

Hello I haved three wear thing´s I cant upload a file becaused I made a clean instalation, but still I wan to tell yours
1º Whit a Royal Manila Galeón the ships star whit 372 sailors, and I made some upgrades in shipyard, one of thits in Pirate settlel, to be more capacity your know the line referent to hull apear´s black, well the crew line was black to, and after thtas the ships. pass to have 372 capacity sailor to 368 capacity wear no?

2º in the scren to ship transfer whit mi own ships crew and cargo no problem, but when I tried to changed oficer´s the screnn loss the text, and you cant doit nothing.

3º after made a clean instalation, I change a captain in one of the ship, well the captain changed simply desapear of mi passenger window, he lost jeje wear to.

I upload mi actually compile and error

I more thing mi original potc game is in Spanish dialogue and voices, Castillian jeje, some one can spend me the voices and dialogues in english?

thx

Attachments

• compile.log
    159.8 KB · Views: 125
  • error.log
    14.5 KB · Views: 120
Whatever. Do what you want.

It appears the problem showed up when I captured a pirate light fluyt of war. It was all ok for a while and then it became impossible to leave port after I made it my ship.
A fluyt of war is indeed no merchant ship, so that explains it.

Without comments and feedback, it will be impossible to get it right.
Anyway, I think I'm going to stop caring. What is the point in trying to improve things if all I manage is basically pointless?
Time to stop wasting time.

Yes, but the file is too big even zipped. It looks like the destination was left out.
A screenshot should not exceed 2mb!

Hello I haved three wear thing´s I cant upload a file becaused I made a clean instalation, but still I wan to tell yours
1º Whit a Royal Manila Galeón the ships star whit 372 sailors, and I made some upgrades in shipyard, one of thits in Pirate settlel, to be more capacity your know the line referent to hull apear´s black, well the crew line was black to, and after thtas the ships. pass to have 372 capacity sailor to 368 capacity wear no?

2º in the scren to ship transfer whit mi own ships crew and cargo no problem, but when I tried to changed oficer´s the screnn loss the text, and you cant doit nothing.

3º after made a clean instalation, I change a captain in one of the ship, well the captain changed simply desapear of mi passenger window, he lost jeje wear to.

I upload mi actually compile and error

I more thing mi original potc game is in Spanish dialogue and voices, Castillian jeje, some one can spend me the voices and dialogues in english?

thx
Please try to improve on your grammar there. Your post is really very difficult to understand.

I'm not sure why the ship's crew would have reduced. But one effect of the pirate upgrade is to reduce its hit points, which is the amount of damage the ship can take. After the refit the ship still had all the hit points it had before the refit, which is more than its new maximum, and that is why the hull line is black. After the ship has been damaged a bit, its hit points will reduce to within the new maximum and the bar will be properly coloured again. Likewise if the ship had 372 crew aboard the refit but the maximum is now reduced to 368, the crew line will stay black until some crew are lost.
I don't know what happened here. I often put officers onto captured ships so I can take them to the nearest port and sell the ships.
If I understand this correctly, you put an officer onto a ship, and that officer is no longer in your passenger list. This is to be expected - he's not a passenger on your ship now, he's on another ship. He should still appear in the list of characters, though. Press F2, which starts off on the "Characters" list, and go through that list. The first character to appear is you, then are the officers which you have active with you, then are officers who are captains of other ships.

I announced two weeks ago that I made some changes to the related coding, because if at all possible I would want to do away with the UNLIMITED_LOOT check altogether.
That is also why I mentioned you in the relevant thread several times. See here for details: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...ifferent-playstyles.24511/page-11#post-506620

As before, I would still welcome suggestions on how to make use of this function in such a way that it doesn't actually need to be bypassed.
I had hoped the special exception for merchant ships might have undone the need for the toggle, but it appears that this experiment has failed as well. :(
I still say it should not depend on ship type. If you have a LoM then you're a privateer, so the crew will want shares. If you don't have a LoM then you're a merchant and can continue to pay salaries.

Hylie's problem, in which he acquired a warship and the crew promptly started demanding division of plunder, is the obvious consequence of having ship type determine payment type. ;) Expect this problem to be more common if the "Realistic Cargo" mod is ever resurrected as that will give warships large enough capacities to be used as merchants, making them more attractive to those players who wish to remain (mostly) peaceful traders paying by salary. Conversely there are a few ships listed purely as trade ships in "Ships_init.c" which I've had to use for naval promotion rewards as there is no suitable warship or versatile ship for some combinations of nation, rank and time period. (One of them, the caravela latina, is also used by a well-known pirate. ;)) A privateer using one of these ships need never switch to payment by dividing plunder because the check for LoM only happens after the check for ship type "war" has passed.

I still say it should not depend on ship type. If you have a LoM then you're a privateer, so the crew will want shares. If you don't have a LoM then you're a merchant and can continue to pay salaries.
Generally, I actually agree. The only reason for the type check is to hopefully not mess up Hylie too badly through this feature, but clearly that failed.
Which means there is no longer a need to make it shiptype dependent because that didn't work anyway.
Let me continue my thoughts on this here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/merchant-gameplay-cutler-beckett-and-eitc.25023/

A fluyt of war is indeed no merchant ship, so that explains it.

Without comments and feedback, it will be impossible to get it right.
Anyway, I think I'm going to stop caring. What is the point in trying to improve things if all I manage is basically pointless?
Time to stop wasting time.

A screenshot should not exceed 2mb!

I know and I don't know why this one is over three, but I went back to the admiral and he sent to Boca de Yuman, but no one showed up. Could this quest be broken?

I know and I don't know why this one is over three,
Did you save as BMP? If so, try JPG instead. That should save a lot of size.

I went back to the admiral and he sent to Boca de Yuman, but no one showed up. Could this quest be broken?
It worked not so long ago for me and I think @ANSEL tested it and it worked then too.
Here's the walkthrough: http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/tales-of-a-chevalier-walkthrough/#voglestruijs
There should be a ship in 3D sailing mode and if her HP gets low enough, the next scene will trigger.

S
Please try to improve on your grammar there. Your post is really very difficult to understand.

I'm not sure why the ship's crew would have reduced. But one effect of the pirate upgrade is to reduce its hit points, which is the amount of damage the ship can take. After the refit the ship still had all the hit points it had before the refit, which is more than its new maximum, and that is why the hull line is black. After the ship has been damaged a bit, its hit points will reduce to within the new maximum and the bar will be properly coloured again. Likewise if the ship had 372 crew aboard the refit but the maximum is now reduced to 368, the crew line will stay black until some crew are lost.

I don't know what happened here. I often put officers onto captured ships so I can take them to the nearest port and sell the ships.

If I understand this correctly, you put an officer onto a ship, and that officer is no longer in your passenger list. This is to be expected - he's not a passenger on your ship now, he's on another ship. He should still appear in the list of characters, though. Press F2, which starts off on the "Characters" list, and go through that list. The first character to appear is you, then are the officers which you have active with you, then are officers who are captains of other ships.

Sorry I do not like , use a translator , but it is clear , that although what I mean sometimes not express properly, and now I have to use as a translator. I sorry for the language barrier Pieter forgiveness .

1 the problem with the crew 's mind that the original boat had a capacity for 372 people , after going through shipyard their low capacity to 368. first time it happens thats to me.

2 The problem with the disappearance of an officer, Juan had the captain of one of my ship. I put in command, them I changed him in the transfer window , crew , cargo, officials for other better called Antonio , then just Juan disappeared , should appear in the list of characters not ?, it does not appear .

(Ironically )

the guy leavin, or maybe He died after falling overboard drunken or was adduced by aliens , maybe married formed a family and do not invite us to the wedding.

thx for the help and sorry for me poor english

Howdy all.. Doing some testing on 3.5 (May 13th) Holland NO edition.. Still have not gotten to a point when I can get promoted, but it is a nice challenge with only being allowed to use the sloop. I do like the no buying ships or swap ships! Very nice touch!

Quest: Strange things happening in the Caribbean
There are many parts during the mission that says "reward" but you never receive anything.
I have a feeling I am not even close to being done as I just killed the two pirate ships at Barbados, very nice job of writing the

Random question that I have not been able to figure out yet, when you get points or negative points on reputation where does it show?

Or is that just for your title?

Glad to hear you like the navy gameplay. That is a fairly recent thing we've been working on.

What rewards are mentioned during the Strange Things sidequest? I can't remember now....
That is a stock game quest.

Reputation is shown on the F2>Character interface right below your character name.

The various priests give rewards for work done for them. I honestly never look to see if I actually get anything.

If I recall, some of the stock game quest coding regularly left out things here and there.
For example, some hireable officers like Rys Bloom SAID they needed your money, but never actually took it.
Or they took it, but their agreed monthly salary never actually needed to be paid afterwards.

This was certainly the case for Edgar Attwood and I only added his monthly salary for real two weeks back.
So in some ways, we're STILL fixing lapses of logic from the original game.... :wp

Oh.. that is a stock mission quest.. I am stuck the church where it says where it says who is this? Where you get tele-ported to the church, there is no one there to talk to and it won't let you move.

I have had no luck with any quests.. they all seem to be glitched somehow

Glad to hear you like the navy gameplay. That is a fairly recent thing we've been working on.

What rewards are mentioned during the Strange Things sidequest? I can't remember now....
That is a stock game quest.

Reputation is shown on the F2>Character interface right below your character name.

So the rep is the title IE Hero.. there is just not a number shown, just the tile. Appreciate the help!

When are you able to get promoted? Is there a table that has the numbers to when you can get promoted. I have +24 with the Dutch as a NO, but no green light yet. Just want to make sure it is working properly for testing.

At +24 you should be an underofficier or derde leuitenant. Do you have a LoM?

I finished that quest 2-3 days ago and it worked fine in the standard storyline.

I just looked at that game and you start off as a tweede lieutenant and you will not get a promotion beyond that until you gain at least +50 or probably more.

As a Naval officer, you can't get a LoM because you start out already having one.

Back