• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Hmm. That has worked reliably for me for years. It worked for me a few days ago with the last beta. Are there any error logs? Would deleting the options folder help?

please make a proper bug report with savegame

The officers have less perks because perks now cost more points to get. They should have as many perks as they can have with the amount of skillpoints they have. altough maybe they spend it on locked perks which then not show. I have to look into that.
Also, there have been some slight modifications in PROGRAM\officers.c since Beta 3.1 . Perhaps that plays a role too.

I am in Beta 3.2 which i am enjoying. I like the locked perks but I can't figure out how toughness works I have survived many attacks in the jungle some times with sailors/ officers accompanying me and so times w/ armor. Nothing unlocks it for me could some one e plain how it works?

You need to be at least rank 8 and fencing lvl 4 or if you dont have 500 gold wil you you should be rank 15.
You should choose one of the first options in the dialog options where you taunt them if they raid you. Then they offer you to teach you a little trick. If you accept that and spare them you have toughness :).

Btw quick question. I was working on getting the worldmap encounters into the open sea mod but I noticed time is going very slow there ... as in I sail from 1 island to another in 1 hour (ingame time) I was playing on arcade mode. Which things are controlling the time duration again in the open sea mod? I use the time interval to determine the encounter chance and it calculates how many ship you will see per day at that location. If the function is called for every 5 seconds ingame time (which i use) then the chances are a bit low :p.

I've found a bug on the sidequest of saving Toff's daughter (In which you get the Sabre of Nicholas Sharp); On the port, there's self-dialogue, but no options to choose. Neither going to the ship or not going to the ship. It is just a commentary for yourself. This breaks the sidequest.

I finally got to that point and it is indeed broken.

nevermind found the topic already thanks

It's fixed. Check HERE

Last edited:
You need to be at least rank 8 and fencing lvl 4 or if you dont have 500 gold wil you you should be rank 15.
You should choose one of the first options in the dialog options where you taunt them if they raid you. Then they offer you to teach you a little trick. If you accept that and spare them you have toughness :).

Btw quick question. I was working on getting the worldmap encounters into the open sea mod but I noticed time is going very slow there ... as in I sail from 1 island to another in 1 hour (ingame time) I was playing on arcade mode. Which things are controlling the time duration again in the open sea mod? I use the time interval to determine the encounter chance and it calculates how many ship you will see per day at that location. If the function is callefor every 5 seconds ingame time (which i use) then the chances are a bit low :p.
These are the four guys who stop you, yes. I don't play in the open sea mod.

Thanks, Levis

Yes these are the four guys who stop you.

I play the open sea mod and it seems to me there are plenty of random encounters. Sometimes one is ended when another pops up.

Btw quick question. I was working on getting the worldmap encounters into the open sea mod but I noticed time is going very slow there ... as in I sail from 1 island to another in 1 hour (ingame time) I was playing on arcade mode. Which things are controlling the time duration again in the open sea mod? I use the time interval to determine the encounter chance and it calculates how many ship you will see per day at that location. If the function is called for every 5 seconds ingame time (which i use) then the chances are a bit low :p.
PROGRAM\NK.c has the InitOpenSeaMod() function that sets a bunch of relevant values. These are then used in CCCdirectsail.c .

In the list of things that has the WIP Beta 3.2, i found this:

New Archipelago Map added by Agentad

In the standard storyline i didn't find changes on the archipelago map. Where is this new archipelago map? Or which era?

Cheers!

As a direct-sail-only-sailor, I beg you not to experiment with time compression or anything like "time runnning faster" in direct sailing mode.

Slow time is good for open seas direct sailing. This is because of wind changes on an once-per-hour-base. As a direct sailor, I use time compression (usually 10*) very frequently. The faster time runs, the more frequent - in real time - you have wind changes and to adjust course. This is extremely annoying.

So, please don't make time running faster in open seas.

About encounters in open seas: I always consideres them very fine. Sometimes there's no encounter for days, sometimes a 2nd encounter enters before the first is out of sight. There's absolutely no problem with that.

In the list of things that has the WIP Beta 3.2, i found this:
New Archipelago Map added by Agentad
In the standard storyline i didn't find changes on the archipelago map. Where is this new archipelago map? Or which era?
It is the "Archipelago Map.png" file in the Documentation folder.

As a direct-sail-only-sailor, I beg you not to experiment with time compression or anything like "time runnning faster" in direct sailing mode.
[...]
About encounters in open seas: I always consideres them very fine. Sometimes there's no encounter for days, sometimes a 2nd encounter enters before the first is out of sight. There's absolutely no problem with that.
Levis is intending to rewrite the DirectSail encounters to take into account near islands, so he wanted to know how the relevant code works.

If I want to update the September version of Beta 3 full would I just install the most recent update or is there something I need to do as an interim step? Also which file to Select?

Thanks

If it aint broke don't fix it. It is always a relief to me to get away from the islands and all the encounters and clutter around them. Sailing between islands that are close together, like the Dutch islands and Grenada can be quite busy.

If I want to update the September version of Beta 3 full would I just install the most recent update or is there something I need to do as an interim step? Also which file to Select?
You can install only the latest update from http://piratesahoy.net/build/b14_beta3_installer.exe
Select the "Update Files" and it should work. Select also ENB/Widescreen Textures if you want to use those.

Thanks, Peiter.

BTW, did you decide against putting the sailors on national ships back to random weapons instead of National blades? I think we discussed it a few weeks ago.

Cheers!

Slow time is good for open seas direct sailing. This is because of wind changes on an once-per-hour-base. As a direct sailor, I use time compression (usually 10*) very frequently. The faster time runs, the more frequent - in real time - you have wind changes and to adjust course. This is extremely annoying.

So, please don't make time running faster in open seas.

I'm actually working on making those wind changes better so they wont blow you in the face all the time.

Back