• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Code:
CARGO: Fantom_SetGoods rare chance silver shipment!
Hey, I didn't know the game did such a thing! Apparently it DOES. Niiice! :woot

Code:

:yes

Means that one of the ships sailing round the island you are at should have a large cargo of Silver to plunder.

:dance

Yep. I found it. Shame it was a small ship, but it's still cool that is can happen.
If the code is already there, that means we can influence it. By, for example:
- Adding a location check for the Colombia "island"
- Check for ship type "Treasure Galleon"

Result could be that Treasure Galleons near Colombia could ALWAYS have their holds full of silver and gold.
IF we think we want it to work like that.

Is that related to you getting the rare chance to carry a silver shipment? Those are always high profit runs.

Code:

Doesn't the message only appear in the log files.

Might be interesting to have a message like that appear on the screen log when you arrive at an island. Then the player would know to go looking for the ship. :keith

Or have a quest book entry generated. :shrug

:rumgone

hmm.. no that would be too easy, imo .. I mean, the spanish weren't like "Ah, and please tell the world, the spanish treasure-armada is leaving cartagena in 7 days" :D .. Idk how far this is possible, but I would make a check if the player is friendly with the spanish and then the barkeeper or someone else spanish tells you about it (I'm afraid I could only help with the dialogs here :( ). If your not friendly, they won't tell you. And maybe some pirates maybe can tell you sth?

Is that related to you getting the rare chance to carry a silver shipment? Those are always high profit runs.
Two different things.

Doesn't the message only appear in the log files.
Yep, that's how I noticed later. I found a ship carrying gold and silver, but didn't know where was any code doing that on purpose.

Might be interesting to have a message like that appear on the screen log when you arrive at an island. Then the player would know to go looking for the ship. :keith

Or have a quest book entry generated. :shrug
How would you know, though? Logically speaking?
I like the idea of a Treasure Fleet being generated, say, once a year and you can get the rumour on when it leaves from the tavern.
Then on that day, there would be a big fleet of Treasure Galleons generated at Cartagena.

How would you know, though? Logically speaking?
Yeah, I like the idea of 'hearsay'. Like this information can be acquired through talking to townfolks/tavern keepers/beggars/etc.
Like:
.Where was it last seen
.Where might the Treasure Fleet be headed
.When did it set sail
and some other questions like these. :shrug

mhm.. But I don't think that normal townfolks would knew such a valuable information like this?^^

Beggars are, of course, WELL informed! :cheeky

If I gather correctly, they'd start at Cartagena (or Portobello, but we don't have that) and make their way North to Havana, the East to Spain.
We can only generate specific ships around islands, so it'd have to be at Colombia, Cuba or perhaps Puerto Rico.

Not sure when we (ugh... I ) might find the time to add this into the game. But at least this find can point us in the direction of some code we can adapt.

Which storyline is that? I successfully completed that one with Jean Lafitte not so long ago.
The Standard storyline, not just the boatswain the trader infron of the tavern doesn't work 'cause of the same problem, the captain of the guard doesn't talk as he should

Last edited by a moderator:
And that is with WIP 17 as well? We had a problem where all the town folk in Speightstown thought they were soldiers after the French invasion.
But that has been fixed and shouldn't affect Martinique in the first place. What starting nation did you use? And was it after the invasion?

:rofl
Perhaps I can remove that sign, eh? :wp
No, its fine. After all, the tavern ain't hard to find. Well, maybe the blacksmith's building is the old tavern of that island. hehehe.
What if we add answers of the townfolks if asked about the tavern or the blacksmith?
Like:
Q
"Might I inquires about the whereabouts of the blacksmith on this island?"
A
"Oh! Just go look for the old tavern. Its not that hard to find. There's the old tavern sign still hanging on the blacksmith's front door."

"Our spanish blacksmith is downtown, on the right street. It's the house with the spanish flag on the left.",
I will add this:
"Our spanish blacksmith is downtown, on the right street. It's the house with the spanish flag on the left. There was a third tavern a few years ago, so there's a tavern-sign and the blacksmith found it funny, so he kept it.",
how sounds that?

Or we could just adjust the textures so that sign won't be there. Or move the blacksmith.
Might be less confusing, no?

Back