• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

I had noticed the new sound system was half in the code, so I put the rest in too. But that left out your newly added cannons, so I just added it back in.

You wait until you run into that "Armada" encounter! 6-10 ships between tiers 3 and 1. OUCH! :shock
Slap me thrice and hand me to me mama!! :facepalm:pirates Well, as long as them ships are neutral or we encounter another friendly or neutral fleets. I'm good with it. I like that moment when there are so many gunshots and cannonfires and smokes, etc. all around. Its like a royal rumble! hehehe. It gets me excited!:pirate41::guns:

EDIT: Well, I hope it comes as a fix in the opening post. Don't want downloading the whole 442MB WIP again.

Last edited:
Wait till you join a battle where one side has 8 ships and the other has 7 and you have 3. I can't remember for sure but the most ships I have seen was 24-26.

If the game is going to crash because of the big battle it will do it during a boarding action in the heat of battle or at the end when the battle is over. I always try to save at the end when I'm trying to capture surrendered ships.

Wait till you join a battle where one side has 8 ships and the other has 7 and you have 3.
If the game is going to crash because of the big battle it will do it during a boarding action in the heat of battle or at the end when the battle is over. I always try to save at the end when I'm trying to capture surrendered ships.
That's exactly what I experienced on my first post after the wip update post. But its worse 'cause I'm just from Dead Man's Bay and sold me other ships and spend all my money on them oh-so-special ships and cannons of that creepy looking captain so I only have ONE:facepalm well conditioned ship. Yes, my game crashed after the battle but I barely got out and is going to sink anyway so its all good. hehehe.:D

I can't remember for sure but the most ships I have seen was 24-26.
Wow! :boom:

The governor of grand turks cannot load his dialog (standard storyline), though I think that has nothing to do with the storyline.

Code:
            iNation = GetNationTypeByName(Dialog.CurrentNode);
according to the error.log, this line has a wrong expression

Good catch! Relation Agent issue again.
Should be GetNationTypeByID now in "Bertrand Ogeron_dialog.c" and "Nathan Kell (GOV)_dialog.c". :doff

Good catch! Relation Agent issue again.
Should be GetNationTypeByID now in "Bertrand Ogeron_dialog.c" and "Nathan Kell (GOV)_dialog.c". :doff
All good now..:dance Clipboard01.jpg

Question: You said that, in Hoist the Colors, the governor of Grand Turks can promote you for pirates? Why don't make that accessible for all storylines?

Choose a topsail schooner to start standard storyline. It has pennants bur no flag.

Question: You said that, in Hoist the Colors, the governor of Grand Turks can promote you for pirates? Why don't make that accessible for all storylines?
Doesn't technically make sense, does it? I'm not sure if that was ever added to the game on purpose.
We could do it though.

Choose a topsail schooner to start standard storyline. It has pennants bur no flag.
This one, you mean? She doesn't have a big one, no, but does have a regular flag too:
TopsailFlag.jpg
You can tell because it has corners. But now that the pennants match with the flags, I understand the difference isn't overly obvious in this case.

Pieter, I think you can remove Making Citizen Dialogs from the opening post^^ I will do Point-a-Pitre at the latest this weekend ;)

Well be a pirate becomes very fast very boring otherwise^^
True, that. But getting LAND on promotion from the PIRATES? Uh? Why would they even promote you in the first place?
I do agree that pirating can be pretty boring without any progression, but I'm not sure this is the right way to counter that.
Wonder if anyone else has any thoughts....

Well, then don't see this as promotion but more like "more respect in the brotherhood" and Land as an own house in the pirate settlement (That would maybe even be possible?):pirates :D
Hmm I think a few (repeatable) sidequests for pirates only would be nice? e.g. Not shiping goods for store owners but capturing a frigate for the shipyard or making x Gold from stolen goods ... ^^

Well, then don't see this as promotion but more like "more respect in the brotherhood"
That is technically what that "Known as" text in the Nations Relations interface is for.
If you go pirating, you should sign articles and see how happy you can keep your crew and how much plunder you can get.
The "pirate promotions" use the same text as that "known as" line. So that REALLY makes no sense if both are possible at the same time.

Doesn't technically make sense, does it? I'm not sure if that was ever added to the game on purpose.
We could do it though.

This one, you mean? She doesn't have a big one, no, but does have a regular flag too:
View attachment 11993
You can tell because it has corners. But now that the pennants match with the flags, I understand the difference isn't overly obvious in this case.

Opps! sorry I didn't notice this. I did capture a fast merchantman however and it had no flag and no pennants.

On another topic I took a governor's ship hunting quest in Port Royal and the pirate ship didn't show up in the sailto menu.

Back