• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

I'll have to see how that texturing works and what I can do.
So far, I've just been swapping out the sign textures with an alpha map, which removes it altogether.
Tends to be easier. :wp

A little confusion about the blacksmith could add some fun. hehehe. and adds more story about cartagena when asked about it. :shrug

then, do that ;) just don't remove the flag, because its used in the way description xD
Flag? What flag? The Spanish flags hanging from the buildings?
No, I'm not going to remove those; cost me too much effort to make a good-looking Spanish one instead of the original English one!

There is a "Tavern" sign in front of the Blacksmith building. :wootxD
How's this instead?
CartagenaBlacksmith.jpg

Yes. It looked a bit empty otherwise, so I figured I'd add something more.
Now you're going to tell me they didn't use anvils in blacksmiths in those days or something. :facepalm

Yeeeehhaaaw! I mean agrrrhh!! :aar It looks great!:dance
But that makes the blacksmith easier to find now.(w/o fast travel, of course)
Yes. It looked a bit empty otherwise, so I figured I'd add something more.
Now you're going to tell me they didn't use anvils in blacksmiths in those days or something. :facepalm
What if the sign is not on a barrel? i mean 'cause taverns=rum=barrels(you get my point). Instead just an Anvil on top of the other barrel.CartagenaBlacksmith.jpg
Like on the PotC film: Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg :shrug

But that makes the blacksmith easier to find now.(w/o fast travel, of course)
That's.... sort-of.... the point.... :confused:
We WANT people to be able to find stuff, ESPECIALLY if they use Realistic Game Mode.
Rather annoying otherwise.

What if the sign is not on a barrel? i mean 'cause taverns=rum=barrels(you get my point). Instead just an Anvil on top of the other barrel.
Would admittedly be cool, but that requires modeling and is therefore a LOT more work than just editing a texture. Plus I don't know how to do it for PotC.
And that should then be in Jamaica.

On that subject, are the descriptions for the PERSONS sort-of correct as well?
I seem to remember I still saw references to the blacksmith being a female as per Martinique, but that's not the case on the other islands.

That's.... sort-of.... the point.... :confused:
We WANT people to be able to find stuff, ESPECIALLY if they use Realistic Game Mode.
Rather annoying otherwise.
Of course, you sire. :bow
The new sign of the blacksmith's good enough for me. I don't know with the others though.

WIP 18 uploading now:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 18:
- Error Checking:
  . Random ship encounter model not found log message added
  . Encounter type log message added [WIP: To be tested and fixed properly]
- Bug Fixes:
  . Model initialization code updated and removed from reinitialization process by Pirate_KK and Pieter Boelen
  > Tailor Shop fixed and improved to check current period and don't display wrong-nation soldiers
  . Officers equip Lockpicks, Clocks and Compasses by Pieter Boelen
  . Use Default Profile if game loses Storyline Profileby Pieter Boelen
  . Log messages when player ship fully cursed fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Code Updates:
  . Periods System, including accurate nation and royalty names by Pirate_KK, updated by Pieter Boelen
  > Early Explorers islands historically without settlements disabled
  > Emissaries added for nations without towns: Holland and England use Antigua, Portugal uses Grenada
  > Nation-specific town textures used depending on time period
  . National ship stat modifiers rebalanced by Armada
  . Citizen dialogs added by Pillat
  GrandTurks, SantoDomingo, Havana, Marigot, Philipsburg, PoPrince, Santiago, Cayman, Oranjestad, Tortuga, Willemstad and Cartagena
  . Flying Dutchman emerges from the depths effects and music improved by Pillat
  . Use Tab when you have a Shotgun, Musket OR Jack Sparrow's pistol equipped to go into Shotgun Mode by Pieter Boelen
- Interface Updates:
  . Select Storyline Interface selection filters and Custom Player Type fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Ship Model Updates:
  . La Marianna cursed ghost ship improved by GhostOfDeath91
- Texture, Model and Sound Updates:
  . Brown Build Default dialog interface improved by Cassadar
  . Nation-specific town textures used depending on time period by Pieter Boelen
  . "Fire Ship" ability icon improved by Pieter Boelen
  . Cartagena town textures further improved by Pieter Boelen
- Storyline Updates:
  . Bartolomeu Storyline: Cargo to Jean Maginot fixed by Pieter Boelen
Is it just me or should I see about condensing the "change log" a bit? It is getting pretty huge and that is with the Beta 3 content split into three WIP sections.
Eventually I want it to all be in the same section; nobody needs to care anymore about the various WIP versions once we're done. :shock

A lot is getting done so I see no need to condense every WIP log, but a full patch doesn't need every detail mentioned.

I only asked about the anvil because the screenie is so dark it makes it hard to tell what is there. And anvils were in use thousands of years before the Romans came along.

A lot is getting done so I see no need to condense every WIP log, but a full patch doesn't need every detail mentioned.
That's what I thought. So I'll be going through it soon and taking out the more pedantic items.

I only asked about the anvil because the screenie is so dark it makes it hard to tell what is there. And anvils were in use thousands of years before the Romans came along.
Let me know if it turns out too dark in the game as well.
I did darken it down quite a bit because it looked a bit on the fake side otherwise.

Opening post updated again
Big file replaced again, including all stuff released in the small fix, together with all other modifications hinted at throughout the forum:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 18:
- Error Checking:
  . Random ship encounter model not found log message added
  . Encounter type log message added [WIP: To be tested and fixed properly]
- Bug Fixes:
  . Model initialization code updated and removed from reinitialization process by Pirate_KK and Pieter Boelen
  > Tailor Shop fixed and improved to check current period and don't display wrong-nation soldiers
  . Officers equip Lockpicks, Clocks and Compasses by Pieter Boelen
  . Use Default Profile if game loses Storyline Profileby Pieter Boelen
  . Log messages when player ship fully cursed fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Code Updates:
  . Periods System, including accurate nation and royalty names by Pirate_KK, updated by Pieter Boelen
  > Early Explorers islands historically without settlements disabled
  > Emissaries added for nations without towns: Holland and England use Antigua, Portugal uses Grenada
  > Nation-specific town textures used depending on time period
  . National ship stat modifiers rebalanced by Armada
  . Citizen dialogs added by Pillat
  GrandTurks, SantoDomingo, Havana, Marigot, Philipsburg, PoPrince, Santiago, Cayman, Oranjestad, Tortuga, Willemstad and Cartagena
  . Flying Dutchman emerges from the depths effects and music improved by Pillat
  . Use Tab when you have a Shotgun, Musket OR Jack Sparrow's pistol equipped to go into Shotgun Mode by Pieter Boelen
- Interface Updates:
  . Select Storyline Interface selection filters and Custom Player Type fixed by Pieter Boelen
- Ship Model Updates:
  . La Marianna cursed ghost ship improved by GhostOfDeath91
- Texture, Model and Sound Updates:
  . Brown Build Default dialog interface improved by Cassadar
  . Nation-specific town textures used depending on time period by Pieter Boelen
  . "Fire Ship" ability icon improved by Pieter Boelen
  . Cartagena town textures further improved by Pieter Boelen
- Storyline Updates:
  . Bartolomeu Storyline: Cargo to Jean Maginot fixed by Pieter Boelen
Most important on progress are the additional on-screen log messages for ship encounters.
We will be needing thorough testing and comments here so that we can get the ship encounters working the way we want them to in all time periods.
Join the discussion here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/ship-encounter-chances-correction.17815/
Once we finally manage to put that one to rest, we can drop all the excessive log messages. They don't help with immersion, do they? :razz

:shipOMG! I encountered a big big fight! There's like 5+ ships vs 5+ other ships And we had a long long fight. Lucky for me I already have Gibbs and I've visited Hendrick already. I bought a good ship and installed his top cannons. Clipboard01.jpg Then, after many ships have been sunk, well, I don't know if how many I sank 'cause there's just cannon fires everywhere and its kinda fun and exciting actually,hehehexD, my game crashed. (WIP18)

Attachments

• compile.log
    23.9 KB · Views: 195
  • error.log
    1.2 KB · Views: 194
  • system.log
    25.8 KB · Views: 190
Hmm, again that encounters problem I caused. Not sure if that would cause CTDs, but it definitely needs fixing.
And it seems I broke the super cannons' sound, so let's fix that again, shall we?

You wait until you run into that "Armada" encounter! 6-10 ships between tiers 3 and 1. OUCH! :shock

Back