• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Opps! sorry I didn't notice this. I did capture a fast merchantman however and it had no flag and no pennants.
Was that before capturing, after capturing or both? What nationality? Was she surrendered? If you captured her for yourself, did she start showing flags later on?

On another topic I took a governor's ship hunting quest in Port Royal and the pirate ship didn't show up in the sailto menu.
Arcade Game Mode, right? I did some of those quest last Sunday, but the ship showed up just fine. :confused:

Was that before capturing, after capturing or both? What nationality? Was she surrendered? If you captured her for yourself, did she start showing flags later on?

I did notice if she was flying before. She was not surrendered I took her and she never showed a flag.

Arcade Game Mode, right? I did some of those quest last Sunday, but the ship showed up just fine. :confused:

Yes. I will try again from a saved game.

Tried that quest from the gov. of port royale. I had a diff. experience. The governor orders me to sink a ship that is neutral(that's why at first the target ship seems to be nowhere when i used the sail-to menu). I had my personal flag raised so i figured to raise the colony's nation flag but it still neutral so i had to raise a flag that is hostile to that ship but neutral to port royale. Sunk the ship and reported back to the governor. quest completed.

and this gets me worried. what if the same problem occur and I can't find a flag that is neutral to the island but hostile to the target ship and the target ship is near the fort(well, most of the time)?

Well, I tried this on free-play(JeanLaffite). I captured port royale and put americans in-charge, im serving the US. Is that suppose to be a problem?

EDIT: Tried again(thrice), same results: seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0007.jpg seadogs2_0006.jpg
..the third shot is kinda weird,sorry.heheh...

Last edited:
And I have another one. How is this even possible? seadogs2_0003.jpg Is the governor's daughter a lesbian or something? hmph.. :ninja

and this gets me worried. what if the same problem occur and I can't find a flag that is neutral to the island but hostile to the target ship and the target ship is near the fort(well, most of the time)?
Flying the flag of the nation you're at should always be an option.
The code doesn't care about making sure the ship is hostile to YOU; just hostile to the governor.
It is up to you to accept it or not. If you're friendly with the target ship, you might want to consider skipping this one.

Well, I tried this on free-play(JeanLaffite). I captured port royale and put americans in-charge, im serving the US. Is that suppose to be a problem?
Wow, that actually worked? Lucky you!!

And I have another one. How is this even possible?
Is the governor's daughter a lesbian or something? hmph.. :ninja
A lot of the game code wasn't written properly to consider female main characters.
There once was some progress made on this, but that was a long time ago and nothing has been done since. :shrug

Flying the flag of the nation you're at should always be an option.
The code doesn't care about making sure the ship is hostile to YOU; just hostile to the governor.
It is up to you to accept it or not. If you're friendly with the target ship, you might want to consider skipping this one.

Wow, that actually worked? Lucky you!!

A lot of the game code wasn't written properly to consider female main characters.
There once was some progress made on this, but that was a long time ago and nothing has been done since. :shrug
Wow.. thank you very much for clearing all that up..again..sire! hehehe..
:bowas always.:bow

Question is, while the weapons for the crew are put in the "Weaponslocker" in Captain's cabin, what is the "Ship chest" for ? And I guess to your officers you give items with "exchange" standing in front of them. Do they take something from the ship chest ? And what are the 2-3 cargo holds for ?

Also, in Woodie Rogers stoyline, how does one push the tree into the ocean ?

Last edited:
the ship chest is your personal chest, nobody else on the ship could look into that, so storing (some) money or skill-enhancing items there is sensible ;)
You can exchange items with your officers at anytime, except in fights. I think they don't take items from the weaponslocker and/or ships chest.
The cargo-holds are only for realism, a big ship has more cargo-holds, aye? In the first cargo-hold there are also the prisoners ;)

The ship chest is for storing stuff that you do want to keep, but don't want to clutter up your inventory.
Note that skill-enhancing items work also if they are in your chest, so you don't have to carry them around.

Sometimes you get captured prisoners in your cargo hold. Other than that, not much purpose other than showing the size of your ship.

Edit: Uhm... what Pillat said. ;)

The portrait of Capitaine Chevalle hasn't changed and is weird and not fair. seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg
'cause other potc film characters have good pictures.

Last edited:
I say Sri Sumbhajee has a more realistic portrait. seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0000.jpg well, compared to Capitaine Chevalle.

Back