• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

I have been a way for a while. I am wondering if there have been any fixes or updates to 3.1 full. I gave it up when I could get to battle from the world map. The game really isn't there for me if that doesn't work. So that is fixed I would love to start again.
Still haven't the foggiest what causes that problem.
What I have to do when I get home is to WinMerge Beta 3 with Beta 3.1 and see if I can track it down.

Also based on what I saw in the December and January it seems to me we should have a conversation about the basic game's difficulty. On the one hand the rationale for putting the soldiers with low quality weapons on the national ships was to make easier for people in boarding. One the other hand the number skill points required in was raised significantly, in some cases to ridiculous levels that a casual player may never reach, in order to make it more difficult. Those two changes seem diametrically opposite to me. The leads me to ask in an over all sense do we thing the game is difficult and too easy at the same time and is there a process for vetting changes like that, if not do we need one. My starting position would be reverse those two changes and let question of difficulty be resolved by the 4 levels of difficulty in the game. If you start at level one that is pretty ease if you don't bite off more than you can chew.
Soldiers with low quality weapons? Uh? I know the National Weapons mod, but that is supposed to be high quality weapons.

Still haven't the foggiest what causes that problem.
What I have to do when I get home is to WinMerge Beta 3 with Beta 3.1 and see if I can track it down.

Soldiers with low quality weapons? Uh? I know the National Weapons mod, but that is supposed to be high quality weapons.

Ahoy Pieter, hope your travels are going well. When you board Spanish ships the crew are dressed in Spanish uniforms and carry light tizonas of average and poor quality and muskets on French ships it is average and poor baleder and musket.

Smooth sailing.

:cheers

Ahoy Pieter, hope your travels are going well. When you board Spanish ships the crew are dressed in Spanish uniforms and carry light tizonas of average and poor quality and muskets on French ships it is average and poor baleder and musket.

All spawn with average quality, they just decrease to poor, because the soldiers who used them made some damage to your crew.

Yes I get that. Up until 3.0 those soldiers had random blades of all types and I don't really understand why it was changed.

Yes I get that. Up until 3.0 those soldiers had random blades of all types and I don't really understand why it was changed.
The reason was to match with their shoreside counterparts.
That is easily restored though. I know what code is responsible. Mainly account of me doing it in the first place. :wp

You can put medicine in the weapons locker and they will equip them. But do they actually use them? When looting corpses we find bandages and such on them.

They should indeed take medicine now. And random characters use them too. So I'd expect your crew to do the same.

Someone else posted this here below and i am having the same problem.

Hello all, I recently installed this great Build Mod 14 and found myself in the Speightstown Maltese Crypt. Initially I could interact with the dead monks but after an hour of wandering around (and a lot of save/reloads), I can't interact with any of the corpses anymore. The icon on the top left will just not show up. I even encountered the grandmaster and killed him and I can't interact with him either (I suppose a personage such as his should certainly have some dialog). Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: After some more effort, I've noticed that this effect extends to chests and entrances (can't interact with them at all) and occurs sometimes after killing a monk (his corpse is non responsive and every subsequent corpse is the same)

Uh ohh. For now all I can suggest is to stay out of the Abbey until a coder can dig around in the monks code.

What purposes does the storage and Ship chest in terms of ship combat or my crew? I always find bandages and other health aid related items in the Ship chest, which i thought belong in the Weapon-locker for my crew to use during combat. The same goes for the gunpowder storage which is full of ammo. Should i move these items to the Weapon-locker?

Last edited:
Eh? The ships locker is for stuff you do not want the crew to touch. I put my extra money and sword collection there.

The weapons locker is where you put things that you want the crew to use like guns, swords, cuirass, and medical supplies. There is no ammo locker that I know of.

Eh? The ships locker is for stuff you do not want the crew to touch. I put my extra money and sword collection there.

The weapons locker is where you put things that you want the crew to use like guns, swords, cuirass, and medical supplies. There is no ammo locker that I know of.
There is a chest in the cargo hold of ships called "Gunpowder storage". When you get near it, a warning appear telling you to avoid firing your gun. In that said chest there are ammunitions such pistol bullets, grape shots, muskets ammo etc...

There is a chest in the cargo hold of ships called "Gunpowder storage". When you get near it, a warning appear telling you to avoid firing your gun. In that said chest there are ammunitions such pistol bullets, grape shots, muskets ammo etc...
Yes. I havn't heard the warning but you can get ammo there, that's all. If you have a gunner officer you don't have to go there yourself.
He'll equip you with ammo.

I have seen those on huge ships but never in the hold. They were on the main deck. They are in the hold in small ships?

Is it normal that days passes after you buy things at a town store or repair you ships at a shipyard? For example: On April 16th i went to sell my leather and chocolate cargo at the "speinghaim" store in Oxbay, i also bought Food and Rum crates. Well right after i exit the conversation interface it is April 24th. I get a lot of identical logs notes that says "We've been out for 11 days" "there is enough foods for 134 days left:, "Crew morale is normal". It is normal for ship repairs to take days, but buying or selling should not, right?

PS
: I also noticed that when sailing using world map the log notes do not match the calendar clock on the right side of the screen. The logs notes are kind of inaccurate when it comes to time. Sometimes it says "We've been out for 26 days" while only two days passed.

Last edited:
Back