• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build Update Requests

It takes rather longer than 5 minutes in my experience, and that's after I found out how to do it. Finding the right landing spot on the relevant island alone took a lot longer than 5 minutes, never mind what needed to be done to get to said island and what needed to be done after landing...

I posted a walkthrough, divided into sections covered by "Spoiler" tags so you can get as much or as little help as you want, as part of this thread:
About Starting a Career in a Nation Navy

It takes rather longer than 5 minutes in my experience, and that's after I found out how to do it. Finding the right landing spot on the relevant island alone took a lot longer than 5 minutes, never mind what needed to be done to get to said island and what needed to be done after landing...
I was thinking of Arcade Game Mode. Realistic could indeed take a bit longer.

But then... the curse isn't even in effect for most storylines now. Can't remember which ones DO have it.

auto save on boarding should be nice:duel:
chasing some ship for almost 1/2h and ctd in cabin when you try to get enemy cpt as your officer is not amusing:walkplank

hawk storyline have for sure:wp

here something new
3 time ctd on option i want all crew and you as officer
every other options no problemos
hawk storyline
load go ability instant boarding go speak with cpt (wont be any problems guaranteed by Cheatus Maximus)

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea April 30th, 1750.rar
    520.9 KB · Views: 118
  • compile.log
    14.2 KB · Views: 140
  • error.log
    593 bytes · Views: 126
not in the middle of battle but in moment when possibility of boarding appears just to skip chasing scene
That IS in the middle of a battle. The middle of the SEA battle; that is what makes it a can of worms.

here something new
3 time ctd on option i want all crew and you as officer
every other options no problemos
hawk storyline
load go ability instant boarding go speak with cpt (wont be any problems guaranteed by Cheatus Maximus)
Can you replicate that problem during other boardings? If so, please mention the EXACT dialog options you choose and in which order.

first speech second options
tried on other ships no problems

Attachments

• compile.log
    245.5 KB · Views: 144
  • -=Player=- Open Sea January 2nd, 1790.rar
    479.1 KB · Views: 115
here more
ctd on this line
Equip Character Crewmember with bladeC11 his nation: 0 blade nation=
???
and where is fcking treasure in this save

save is not related with ctd

Attachments

• compile.log
    4.2 KB · Views: 118
  • error.log
    167 bytes · Views: 122
  • -=Player=- Hispaniola. Cape Francos.rar
    578.7 KB · Views: 122
Equip Character Crewmember with bladeC11 his nation: 0 blade nation=
Nation 0 = England; no error there.

This is a weird one though:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: locations\locations_loader.c; line: 673
missed attribute: location
no rAP data
It is on this line:
Code:
  if(CheckAttribute(mainCharacter,"autoreload") && CheckAttribute(mainCharacter,"location.locator.emerge"))
   {
     mainCharacter.location.locator.old.emerge = mainCharacter.location.locator.emerge;
     if(mainCharacter.location!=mainCharacter.autoreload.location && mainCharacter.location.locator!=mainCharacter.location.locator.emerge) // <------------- HERE ----------------
     {
       DeleteAttribute(mainCharacter,"autoreload.location");
     }
   }
Of course we don't know which part of that line.

Please provide as many details concerning the circumstances as possible.
Also, are you able to consistently replicate it?

Nation 0 = England; no error there.

This is a weird one though:
Code:
missed attribute: location
no rAP data
It is on this line:
Code:
  if(CheckAttribute(mainCharacter,"autoreload") && CheckAttribute(mainCharacter,"location.locator.emerge"))
   {
     mainCharacter.location.locator.old.emerge = mainCharacter.location.locator.emerge;
     if(mainCharacter.location!=mainCharacter.autoreload.location && mainCharacter.location.locator!=mainCharacter.location.locator.emerge) // <------------- HERE ----------------
     {
       DeleteAttribute(mainCharacter,"autoreload.location");
     }
   }
Of course we don't know which part of that line.

Please provide as many details concerning the circumstances as possible.
Also, are you able to consistently replicate it?

i was go from the shore on the ship
see save load go to the boat go on ship ...???...???
some time is runtimeerror, sometime ctd, sometime nothing
same as on boarding
sometime i can get enemy as officer sometime i get ctd
but always when i was try to imprison enemy goes ctd
to much random things happen

another ctd on boarding
and now i have to go again from hispanola to barbados
again:facepalm

Attachments

• compile.log
    8.1 KB · Views: 131
another crash
fast travel from charlestown shipyard to port not ship

Attachments

• compile.log
    12.4 KB · Views: 116
  • error.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 129
ok now it is official
boarding is broken
6 time ctd contra 1 successes is not playable
and that is a reason to have auto save at least when you chose to click on yes i want to engage enemy or no if ctd is persistent
nobody will be happy with loosing 6 days of real life time just to get from cayman to barbados

Attachments

• compile.log
    13 KB · Views: 126
Go to Speightstown tavern.

Talk to Maykin Blundas he is walking around

nope he don't want to talk to me he just go out of taverne

so look like game over

nope it is not over
yet

do not speak with anybody do not trade
after thomas go fast travel in tavern
do not use foots fast travel only

Attachments

• -=Player=- QuickSave.rar
    604.8 KB · Views: 117
  • compile.log
    6.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
@nonusnomeni, I have been watching this conversion ever since you started it, and as Pieter said earlier, all I have seen is complaints and you demanding that we help you. That attitude stops now. We are here to help and have been for over 12 years, but you will show proper courtesy and respect while you are asking for it. I understand English is not your first language, but that is no excuse for the almost constant demands for help and problems that you are having. If you can't understand what is being said, use Google Translate.

POTC is a 12+ year old game, it will have problems working with todays hardware and software, some of those problems are not fixable, period. There will be issues that we can not fix, there will be CTD's that crash the game from time to time, some of these issues can not be solved. I have checked every one of your posts since you arrived on the forum, and not once have you posted what hardware you are using, even after being asked specifically by Pieter. We know your running Windows 7, but is that 32 bit or 64 bit? There is a difference.

Consider this a second verbal warning, if this posting behavior continues there will be consequences, including an official forum warning with points and a temporary ban. Pieter gave you some advice earlier that you have chosen not to take. During the next few days, I suggest you take time to actually read our forum rules and familiarize yourself with them. Also, please use the Search feature on the forum before you post any problems, questions or suggestions that you have.

Also, I really cannot keep up with this steady stream of weirdness you report.
I have to be very selective with how I storend my time and energy as I do not have a lot to spare.
So as much as I always want to help if I can, I'm pretty much forced to ignore all this as there are too many clear issues still to be addressed.

Just to add to it. It's very hard for us to Keep track of everything if ist all in one Topic. Please make bug reports in the bug tracker if you find them. Then we can look at them more clearly.
Look here to see now to Report and what Information you should give:
Notice - Bug Tracker: How to submit | PiratesAhoy!

Back