• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Captain Python's Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love "Who's Line is it Anyways", especially the Game "Scenes from a Hat". The best game I have seen on there is when Robin Williams played the above game.

Can't say I saw Robin Williams on Whos Line. But I like Scenes from a hat. And I do like Props, and Questions Only. The only thing I hate is when they Sing. Sometimes its funny, but most of time I get up and get something to eat.

Yeah my friend really likes that one. But I really don't care for there 'old style' jokes and comedy. But true some parts are funny.

I'm going to end this "Post Shootout", so I don't waist space on the thread. Toon in tommorow for more intersting and mind teasing topics (well not really mind teasing, but more they make you think).

<span style='`font-size`:25pt;`line-height`:100%'>Topic(s) for `2-19`-04</span>

Hey all. I got a good topic today:

1)The Importance of the Bill of Rights
Have you ever realized that the Bill of Rights is the one document that help create this country, and helps keep it together today? Many people I know seem to take if for granite that we have one. Without it, most of the things we say and do would not be alowed. We would be all forced into one religion. We wouldn't be able to hunt! These bill of rights gave our first Americans the right to express thier ideas, which helped shaped what we are now. These rights let the pioneers protect themselves against wild animals and robbers. These rights gave shelter to many people escaping from religious enforcment in other countries, from the pilgrims to the Jews, to Christians from Asia and the Middle East. This forum would not exist without the Bill of Rights. I think we should try to appreshiate how we have the Bill of Rights more often.

I think the founding fathers would be sickened to see America today. Now I'm not bashing Bush. I'm a Republican. But I mean over the last 20 years. The breakdown of America is upon us. Now I don't mean Economic Wise. I mean morally. Every day now more and more immigrants from Mexico come over the border and into our great country. Why? So they can sit around and collect welfare off the backs of hard working Americans. The melting pot will kill America. The problem is, our heritage. We have none!! We are a melting pot of different cultures. We have no common language, we have no common backround, we have no common heritage. It has been proven that through out history, Countrys with no common heritage have failed. If you need proof, just look at the Balkan Peninsula. For for 120 years, `1800-1920`, the Balkans were tearing eachother apart. We as Americans need to take back our country. I mean the real Americans, I mean the Working Man, We need to take back our Country from the corrupt judges, the shrewd lawyers, and the ACLU! Its still our country, and they ain't gone get it without a fight!! God Bless America. And thats why our Founding Fathers would be sick to see America like she is today.

I think it's extremely difficult for any political party, regardless of which, to effect any kind of real change when the presidency is only for four years. I often wonder if we should have a different kind of system (tho it beats me as to what) because I am so sick and tired of politicians and lobbyists and special interest groups who have a lot of money to back them digging into MY raggedy old pockets for more.

I'll pay my share, no problem.

I vote, I vote, I VOTE!!! That's more than a LOT of people who complain about the system actually do. I am a firm believer that the votes of the people should count - and the way to effect change is from the INSIDE. You want change, VOTE. If you want to be more active than that, run for office.

What I love about this country is that there are so many ways to make a difference. What I hate about this country is that no one seems to understand HOW to use the system to make a difference, because if they did, I am SURE things would be a whole lot different around here right now.

:blah: Oh gracious... A political discussion. Captain Python, did you intend this to happen? :D

Well, Catalina your votes do count, and they don't count. What I mean is the electorate college, which decides the states vote for president will side with the popular vote wether it be Republican or Democratic. So your votes do count for something.

Electoral College is now a BAD idea.

There shouldn't be a popular vote and and an electoral college count. It's bit dodgy.

By the way, here in Orange County this year we are moving to the electronic ballot. DAMNED TECHNOLOGY! :blah:

Well William what do you suggest?? You don't like the popular vote or the electoral college.

When I lived in Chicago they had this amazing WALL of levers in the voting booth. You walked in and read the board and flicked a lever down if you wanted to vote for (or against) certain issues, politicians, &tc. One could only imagine, back in the day, that it did something to punch cards which were then sent through a tallying machine.

I remember getting a small card from someone outside my precinct polling place - the card urged me to "PULL LEVER A TO VOTE FOR DEMOCRACY" (if you pulled Lever A, ALL your votes would be cast for Democrat candidates and `Democrat-endorsed` issues with one click of a lever). Lovely little card (I still have it somewhere in my junk, I am sure). I pasted it to my toilet tank right above the flush handle. :D

Today we manually punch our own cards and have problems with hanging chad. <sigh> Electronic voting will probably be better until someone figures out a way to hack into it. Probably already have. :blah:

Well William what do you suggest?? You don't like the popular vote or the electoral college.

No, I meant they BOTH shouldn't be used. Should be by popular vote only. The electoral college blows chunks.

Well William, what are you goin do. All I've ever learned is you can't beat the system.

ill tell you... he's going to run for President in a third party... a PiRATE PARTY!!
dododidodod dodi dodidodidodo i wanna be elected!

:blah:: :p: :D: :p: xD:: :p:

WE ARE GONNA START A THIRD PARTY!!! A FUN PARTY!!!! A PIRATE PARTY!!!!!

*guitar starts in*
dundundun dun dundundun dun dundundun duh duhduhduhduh
Dodidowabi boo ourar choice I WANNA BE ELECTED!!! something something something mabye tour de force! I WANNA BE ELECTED!!

ELECTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYEAEEEEEEAAAAEEAAAAEEEEAAAAD I WANNA BE ELECTEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH OWWW!!!!!!!!!

if anyone can guess the song and the group ill give ya a silver dollar!

Oh gracious... A political discussion. Captain Python, did you intend this to happen?

Well, yes, I did intend this to happen. I told you this table will talk about anything, from Politics to Jokes. I will have a new topic up soon, I was busy last night, and I'll explain in the next topic.

<span style='`font-size`:25pt;`line-height`:100%'>Topic(s) for `2-21`-04</span>
I got a few topics today, I like how my topics are generating a lot of conversations.

1)Aliens
I noticed that on the thread "Ya know the Dam Strangest Thing Happend", that Catalina said she saw odd formations in the sky, and the description sounded like a alien formation. Now for the question, do you believe in aliens? Me, I don't really care. So far, aliens seem to be harmless, and the bible says nothing about them. And if the bible doesn't say anything about it, you probably won't have to really worry about them. What do you all think?
2)Sight
Last night, I had to get another set of contact lenses. These weren't just an average `re-supply`, but I had to get more powerfull ones. And then I was thinking, how many years until I go blind. Having contacts or glasses can be agrivating sometimes, but luckly now, we have eye surgery to solve it, but you have to wait until you are in your 30s to get it. How many here have contacts or glasses?
3)How to Write a Book in a Year or more
I have created a plan on how to create a book in a year:
Step 1) Write an outline
On this step, you spend `3-4` months creating an outline for the whole story. You might spend `5-6` days a week thinking up new ideas for your story, and for `1-2` days, write it into the story outline.
Step 2) Write the story
On this step, actually write the story, and make changes were nessesary. It also might take `3-4` months.
Step 3) Look over, edit
On this step, read your story, and see how many changes you have to make. Have a friend read it, and see if they like it, and ask what they think should be changed. This might take `3-4` months. If the book needs to be changed a lot, sort of repeat Step 1, and then do Step 2, and then try Step 3 again. Do this procces until the book is perfect. If you think it's ready, go on to Step 4.
Step 4) Try and get it published.
This step is pretty expressed through it's title, try and get it published.

What do you think of my way of writing a book?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back