• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Captain Python's Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case MuddyMonkey can pull up a seat next to me. I'm "borrowing" Williams seat next to the tankard till he gets back. :) :)

<!--`QuoteBegin-muddymonkey77`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(muddymonkey77)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I was just hoping that Master and Commander got some recognision, because it is such a great film.[/quote]

Yes, I agree, it was an amazing film. Behind ROTK (which is #1), Master and Commander is NEXT on my list of DVD's to procure. Was on my list even before I was finished viewing the movie the first time. :)

And I don't own PotC on DVD or VHS yet... Don't get me wrong, fun film, but just not quite what I wanted in a pirate movie - due in great part to Disney, I am sure. :) I'll get it, eventually.

Yeah it really wasn't a action gorey type of pirate film. It was a funny Johnny Depp sort of pirate film

Still, how often do we get pirate films? I'll take any kind I can get. Gorey or funny matters little to me.

hahaha you know that RotK the extended version might have up to an extra hour on it? a 5 hour movie! that is allot of film

<!--`QuoteBegin-Spaz`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spaz)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hahaha you know that RotK the extended version might have up to an extra hour on it?[/quote]

GOOD! Should be MORE! (I am serious!)

yea i would much enjoy if they had been able to do the book completly but i love the way it was done.

I'd imagine that after sweeping their nominations at the Academy Awards, the extended edition of ROTK is going to be a MUCH bigger package than the other two sets. I have been looking forward to the release of the REGULAR DVD with such anticipation that I can't even fathom waiting until late August for it...

I am not one for wishing for a "gory" pirate movie, I just wanted a bit more action out of PotC. Don't get me wrong, I DID enjoy the movie! I mean, Johnny Depp has got to have the most OUTSTANDING first entrance of ANY actor in a movie - riding the mast of his sinking ship up to the dock and stepping, off, that was such a hoot! :cheers

There are moments of brilliance in the movie, but I thought there was just a little too much talking to explain things (first rule of scriptwriting, show, don't tell!). The script could have been better, and the editing could have been cut a bit tighter to take advantage of comedic timing (everybody wants to be an art director, HA!). I expected to have a riproaring laughing good time - and I did - in parts... It just disappointed me that it wasn't as fun as I expected it was going to be.

I wanted to come out of the theater feeling good. All I felt at the end of the movie was "eh..." <shrug> Maybe I was having a bad day, but even after seeing the movie again on DVD, I still had the same reaction. It just wasn't what I wanted.

IMHO, the TNT cable version of "Treasure Island" directed by Fraser Heston and starring Charlton Heston as Long John Silver was a better movie.

You know what, I wish I had a time machine so I could go back to the 1600's and visit there time. But I would first go to the future. :cheers :cheeky

Well it won every award it was nominated for :!: :cheers

I know what we are talking about, I just didn't know that you guys used ROTK to represent Return of the King. I was the one who started the conversation.

That new forum should be up soon, any hour now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back