• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Centurion

I thought I remembered the first coppering in the Royal Navy was on the the 32 gun frigate Alarm in 1761, but maybe I remembered the year wrong, or maybe thats the first time it was really successful and really caught on. Either way the centurion herself didnt have coppering, as you said yourself

There is an existing texture called Wood_main.tga which IS reddish-brown. Hylie therefore had to rename your texture and hex-edit the model to use it, otherwise it defaulted to the existing texture.

I was working off the files uploaded in post #87. This is the least of the problems anyway.

ah ok, I didnt know there was a wood_main already ingame, everything makes sense now. you are now using the wood_main that I uploaded and you renamed right? and your right this is the least of our worries, I've been looking at the file for the Centurion and there were a few objects that had two maps (which I have fixed now) but I don't think it was all of the ones that showed up strangely to you once they were textured again. I'll double check thoem all, and then I'll re-export and upload the new file, hopefully it works!

Ayup, I renamed the one you provided so it will work. I will see what we have with these new GMs now. :dance

This is a step in the right direction. I renamed DECO to DECC and wood_main to wood_man1. Then took a look in GMViewer. I do not know what is wrong with the figurehead, but the stern is now good.
The next thing is the white textures. That is wood.tga. You provided wood1.tga, so I renamed it and tried it, but it made no difference at all. What is supposed to go there?
The flagpole is no longer a problem except for its texture. It is wood.tga also.
Onward through the fog! :pirates

Attachments

• Centurion-8.jpg
    Centurion-8.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 159
Aye, thats progress! maybe there is something wrong with the wood.tga texture, rathere than the objects it is assigned to, I"ll look into that. :keith

That worked! :onya I renamed it to wod2.tgs.tx and hexed all of the GMs. For the hull, all that is left is the figurehead and the hatches. All of the yards now have a good brown texture as well as mast 1 and mast 2. Mast 3 and mast 4 are still messed up. There was no change to mast 3 and mast 4 was changed, but in a way similar to the figurehead. I suppose it is time to start doing locators now. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76702168/POTC screenies/Centurion-9.jpg

I wuz wrong. :facepalm Mast1, mast2, and all of the yards are one single brown color with no textures at all. The flagpole appears to have textures though. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/76702168/POTC screenies/Centurion-10.jpg

PS: What class is this ship? I count 68 guns. What does that make her, a 4th rate? A 3rd rate? She is smaller than the Bellona and larger than the Mordaunt.

hmm, I'll have another look at the mast and yard files, as well as the figurehead and hatch textures:read definately improving though!:dance

P.S. It is right on the borderline between 3rd rate and 4th rate, and it depends on if it is classified as a 60 gunner or a 64 gunner. I have mostly heard it refered to as a 60, which would make it a 4th rate, but it mounts 64 excluding chasers. I know more about ships from the 1790s-1815, and there were no 60s left in the RN at that time, though there were still plenty of 64s. in terms of dimensions the Centurion is two feet shorter than the 4th rate 50 gun HMS Leopard built in 1790, (the Leopard carried fewer guns of heavier calibre on her upper deck). by comparison Nelson's 64 gun HMS Agamemnon of 1781 was 16 feet longer than the Centurion on the gundeck and carried 18 pdrs on her upper deck aa opposed to the centurion's 9 pdrs. so while it mounts 68 guns it wasn't quite as powerful as many 64s. so yeah, 60 guns is the cutoff for fourth rate, while 64 is the cutoff for 3rd rates, so it depends on that. Kriswood, do you have an opinion on this?

Sorry. No change.

I'm trying to get her in game and am using the Poseidon as a template. It is instacrashing right now.

Back