• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Centurion

Yes it is frustrating. Those masts made no difference in GMViewer. In fact it's almost as if the are reverse images with what are supposed to be black bands being light.
It looks like I will have to take a short break as my POTC install has died.

Centurion would have been a 3rd rate in 1732 when she was launched. After 1745 or so I think she would have been downrated. Indeed she was rebuilt as a 50 gun ship in 1745. Comparing sizes to later ships doesn't mean much. Ships of all classes and nations trended larger throughout the period. Only ships within about 10 years or less of each other can be meaningfully compared in this way.

3rd rate it is then!:keith

hmm, well I don't know what It could be, I'll take another look through the model an texture files, but I can't have missed much...

I'm afraid to do any more locator work on this until the texture issues are taken care of. The reason being that it might be necessary to make new GMs, which would mean much duplicated effort on my part.

Hi
Has the texture problem been fixed with the figurehead and the masts yet?
If not.......send me the textures and the present Maya model your using and I'll give you back the fixed parts.
It seems the texture maps got screwed up somehow.......mine are still OK. So I can scale up\down to your model, give you them, and all will be sorted.

Cheers
damski.

Damski,
they haven't been fixed yet! so I'll post links to all the latest files for you to take a look at:onya Thanks! though I don't think the problem is neccessarily with the texture maps, beceause they look and work perfectly fine in maya before export to .gm format. I made some changes to the model that were not in the original file that kriswood uploaded. notably adding guns, gunport lids, a new wheel, and a new set of mizzen shrouds from kriswood so that they don't go through a gunport lid. maybe you can find something wrong with the model that I haven't though, and rescaling your files and such should work for all of the masts except the mizzen (mast4) because of the new shrouds:keith

I got it last night and after some renaming it looks the same. The figurehead appears to be tiled and the hatch grates are very distorted.

could you try assigning different textures to the gratings, figurehead, and any other parts that aren't working? that we we can norrow it down to the textures or the model. if it just looks like the wrong texture assignment but isn't tiled or otherwise distorted, we know it is the textures.

Ok, I assigned different textures to the hatch and deco textures, and there was change in colors, but they remained messed up in the same manner as before. I have not messed with the masts.

Perhaps it was the export from max to maya or from maya to the game format?

well I think it is something in maya because I was able to fix some other texture problems that appeared after export to game format. It just doesn't appear to be exactly the same problem as the others:read

Hylie,
Armada kindly took a look at the Centurion, and he managed to fix the problem with the hull textures!:dance He gave me instructions on how to avoid these kinds of problems in the future, so I will use those while I take a look at the masts. in the meantime though, here are the files for the Centurion's hull. :D not that he had to split the cannons into a seperate file for it to work properly for some reason.
(Dammit the link in armada's message is broken now, but he did fix it and it will be up here soon)

Aye aye! :dance I plan on starting over from scratch, saving nothing from the previous versions.

A link that works (at least for now) is here. Select 'Centurion_fix.7z'. :doff
It includes three GM files (hull, cannons, path) plus the Maya file which you can ignore.

Back