• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Change Grand Turk town model

Why not have two locations? The map shows two distinct areas of the town, divided by a wall and gate. The outer section is the port and can contain the shipyard and tavern, as the first part of the current town does. The inner section contains more buildings, including the town hall (which in the current version is, if I recall correctly, out of town in yet another location, similar to "Strange House" on other islands).

Why not have two locations? The map shows two distinct areas of the town, divided by a wall and gate. The outer section is the port and can contain the shipyard and tavern, as the first part of the current town does. The inner section contains more buildings, including the town hall (which in the current version is, if I recall correctly, out of town in yet another location, similar to "Strange House" on other islands).
The new location has enough space to have everything in the same location.
Saves reloads.

This is what the town is going to look like. The shipyard will be in the empty rectangle down to the right.
Which will be outside the walls & gate. But it is technically one location.

Townhall in the largest building in the middle. Some other buildings are also missing in this picture.

I forgot the picture...
new town.jpg

IS indeed quite a nice location. And if I recall, it has specific quest potential with the broken gate door and roofs you can walk on, right?

To anyone who is confused: Of course before this makes its way into the game, the grey areas will be textured properly. ;)

Yes, inside locations are the same I have only added new backgrounds to them.
And some quest features for future use.

One problem to 'translate' is that Turks today consists of 2 town locations.

There are currently 3 locations - the 2 town locations and an outside location that contains the house used for the Governors Mansion.

:doff

Thanks Talisman. I'll of course check everything better before I start converting Turks Town.

it has specific quest potential with the broken gate door and roofs you can walk on,
Yes and this was my main purpose with changing this town. I'm not a great fan of AOP/COAS towns but this one
is interesting. Very tight built with narrow alleys.

In the jungle is the Fort where I have added a questlocation too.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Turks_4.jpg
    Turks_4.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 183
Oh yes I fear the will be bugs and problems when I exchange the Town. But it will be later as Pieter mentioned.
And the sniper thing last of all.

I have exchanged the 5 old town locations with 1 new
from POTEHO. AOP/COAS style but good looking I think. It has some quest potential which I plan to use in WoodesRogers part 2.

Now many quests use Turks and I have found 85 references to the town. Checked all and changed most of them. There will be problems
in some quests I'm afraid but hope for your help with reporting what's gone wrong. :sparrow

Attachments

• New Turks.jpg
    New Turks.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 169
I have uploaded on the ftp JRH Grand Turks files. It's an exchange of the 5 old town locations with 1 new
from POTEHO. AOP/COAS style but good looking I think. It has some quest potential which I plan to use in WoodesRogers part 2.
Wow, congratulations! :woot

Now the big question is: Do we want to take the risk to add this into the mod now, before the Beta 4 release?
There will be stuff not right with the quests anyway and they'll all need checking some time.
Might as well cover this too at the same time? Maybe? Perhaps....?

It's not a hurry for my quest. I'm just preparing a little here and there.
But there'll be a lot of merging later on if theses files are to wait in a standby mode.

It's not a hurry for my quest. I'm just preparing a little here and there.
But there'll be a lot of merging later on if theses files are to wait in a standby mode.
I think caution on adding new big things should be our watchword.

True; I HATE when that happens and it is best avoided if at all possible.

I'm not foreseeing any huge changes to the current Beta 4 code though.
Some loose ends to tie up, some fine-tuning and testing still to be done.
But the large changes I'd like to see happening (reputation/fame/loyalty!) are going to have to wait until Beta 4 is released.

Back